09-03-2016 09:56 PM
47 12
tools
    I was told by a Verizon rep that although Samsung is doing a voluntary recall of all the Note7's sold to date, Samsung is sending them a list of the affected IMEIs.
    False. All phones recalled except for in China.
    09-03-2016 06:31 PM
    I was told by a Verizon rep that although Samsung is doing a voluntary recall of all the Note7's sold to date, Samsung is sending them a list of the affected IMEIs.
    That would be odd to issue a global recall but then know which ones are affected. It would seem a global recall is in order when you don't know the full population of impacted devices. Doesn't make sense. Not saying you are lying. Just odd.
    09-03-2016 06:34 PM
    A Samsung rep told someone last night they could check their IMEI number. They did and said their phone wasn't part of the recall.

Now granted, it was a Dominican Republic rep and I have dealt with those reps many times and they flat out lie to you.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 06:36 PM
    False. All phones recalled except for in China.
    I am only talking about the US.
    09-03-2016 06:46 PM
    That would be odd to issue a global recall but then know which ones are affected. It would seem a global recall is in order when you don't know the full population of impacted devices. Doesn't make sense. Not saying you are lying. Just odd.
    It is for PR reasons they are doing a full voluntary recall as well as to try to keep the government out of it.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 06:46 PM
    I do not think Samsung would recall all if they knew exactly which ones were an issue.
    I do. It is for PR reasons as well as an attempt to keep the government out of it.
    09-03-2016 06:47 PM
    It is for PR reasons they are doing a full voluntary recall as well as to try to keep the government out of it.
    Not working and that isn't what stops the government.

SK government is getting into it. You should follow Yonhap News.
    09-03-2016 06:53 PM
    I am only talking about the US.
    He is telling you what phones are recalled. All phones but the phones released in China on 9/2.
    09-03-2016 06:54 PM
    As you can see, for two days, the time the recall happened, the government is getting involved.

This voluntary recall doesn't stop the government here. If they want to get involved, they will.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/busi...10300315F.html
    09-03-2016 06:56 PM
    As you can see, for two days, the time the recall happened, the government is getting involved.

This voluntary recall doesn't stop the government here. If they want to get involved, they will.

State agency to examine suitability of Samsung's Note 7 recall
    All the more reason to return IMO. This is only going to delay the recall/exchange.
    09-03-2016 06:58 PM
    He is telling you what phones are recalled. All phones but the phones released in China on 9/2.
    Yes, I know. He said what I said was false. I am not talking about the world, just the US. All Note7's manufactured to date and sold in the US are being recalled.
    09-03-2016 06:59 PM
    Yes, I know. He said what I said was false. I am not talking about the world, just the US. All Note7's manufactured to date and sold in the US are being recalled.
    He was saying the Verizon rep gave you false information, not saying you said something false.
    09-03-2016 07:04 PM
    All the more reason to return IMO. This is only going to delay the recall/exchange.
    No that agency shouldn't delay it. They are just watching to make sure Samsung does the right thing.
    09-03-2016 07:06 PM
    First comment on every Swappa listing: "THIS A RECALLED VERSION IF SO HAS IT BEEN FIXED $350 I PAY NOW"
    09-03-2016 07:15 PM
    Ugh I feel bad for anyone that sold a note 7 already or is trying to. PayPal allows disputes for 180 days. Happy Valentines day, because if you sold a note 7 you could see a debit hit your PayPal account along with a charge to pay for return shipping in February...

Will the recall even still be in effect then? Would suck to have PayPal reverse an $800 charge then you get back a 6 month old banged up recall device which can't be exchanged any longer...
    09-03-2016 07:25 PM
    Ugh I feel bad for anyone that sold a note 7 already or is trying to. PayPal allows disputes for 180 days. Happy Valentines day, because if you sold a note 7 you could see a debit hit your PayPal account along with a charge to pay for return shipping.
    Some people sold them and are refusing to even tell the buyer about the recall.
    09-03-2016 07:26 PM
    Some people sold them and are refusing to even tell the buyer about the recall.
    If they find out in the next 6 months they *will* get their money back.

Heck that's a pretty good scam. If you don't mind using a recalled phone go grab one off swappa then file a dispute in 6 months or less. You get to use a note 7 for free since you'll get all your money back through PayPal and you can just ship it back to the seller when you're done.
    09-03-2016 07:27 PM
    If they find out in the next 6 months they *will* get their money back.

Heck that's a pretty good scam. If you don't mind using a recalled phone go grab one off swappa then file a dispute in 6 months or less. You get to use a note 7 for free since you'll get all your money back through PayPal and you can just ship it back to the seller when you're done.
    I'm not sure how much eBay will step in though..

This is a voluntary recall and not one issued by the government. I don't know that a seller can't sell this phone and can be forced legally to do anything.

Now Swappa and eBay might use their own TOS on this situation when it isn't an official recall.
    09-03-2016 07:31 PM
    I'm not sure how much eBay will step in though..

This is a voluntary recall and not one issued by the government. I don't know that a seller can't sell this phone and can be forced legally to do anything.

Now Swappa and eBay might use their own TOS on this situation when it isn't an official recall.
    It's PayPal that matters. Once there is a government recall they will come down on the side of the buyers.
    09-03-2016 08:02 PM
    It's PayPal that matters. Once there is a government recall they will come down on the side of the buyers.
    That is what I'm saying.. Not likely to be a government recall.
    09-03-2016 08:03 PM
    Sites like eBay and Swappa should restrict the listing and selling of these devices for now. This would give potential sellers more incentive to replace their devices before they sell. Of course they couldnt guarantee that a device sold 2 months from now was replaced but they know the devices available now should not be sold to anyone.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 08:30 PM
    Ugh I feel bad for anyone that sold a note 7 already or is trying to. PayPal allows disputes for 180 days. Happy Valentines day, because if you sold a note 7 you could see a debit hit your PayPal account along with a charge to pay for return shipping in February...

Will the recall even still be in effect then? Would suck to have PayPal reverse an $800 charge then you get back a 6 month old banged up recall device which can't be exchanged any longer...
    Sellers need to contact their buyers and pay the return shipping for the device then do the exchange themselves.
    09-03-2016 09:56 PM
47 12