FYI: once an official recall is declared through the US CPSC resales will be illegal

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If you're thinking of hanging into your note 7, when (probably in a few weeks) the recall is announced by the CPSC selling your recalled phone will be technically illegal. Which is a super fast way to get a PayPal claim opened up against you as well.

In other words if you keep your phone it's essentially worthless.
I was told by a Verizon rep that although Samsung is doing a voluntary recall of all the Note7's sold to date, Samsung is sending them a list of the affected IMEIs.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah losing an eye or having skin grafts or setting up your phone again. I'll take the setup.
Can you imagine if someone didn't take the return and the phone blew up and the shrapnel injured a loved one? How would they feel then? Worth keeping? Not on my child's life or mine. We have one of the airbag recall Hondas and every time he drives I'm thinking about how it might affect him. We got the notice, but not the call to come in and replace it. Essentially I'm driving a loaded gun. I'm good driver, a safe driver. But others aren't and their actions could cause it to blow too. I won't use a loaded gun of a phone, too.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I was told by a Verizon rep that although Samsung is doing a voluntary recall of all the Note7's sold to date, Samsung is sending them a list of the affected IMEIs.
I really question that, not you but what the rep told you. Just my own personal thought by the way Samsung is doing this.. Either they have reason to believe that all battery cells are a problem or could be a problem.

I do not think Samsung would recall all if they knew exactly which ones were an issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Can you imagine if someone didn't and the phone blew up and the shrapnel injured a loved one? How would they feel then? Worth keeping? Not on my child's life or mine. We have one of the airbag recall Hondas and every time he drives I'm thinking about how it might affect him. We got the notice, but not the call to come in and replace it. Essentially I'm driving a loaded gun. I'm good driver, a safe driver. But others aren't and their actions could cause it to blow too. I won't use a loaded gun of a phone, too.
Exactly, it just isn't worth it at all.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

That would be odd to issue a global recall but then know which ones are affected. It would seem a global recall is in order when you don't know the full population of impacted devices. Doesn't make sense. Not saying you are lying. Just odd.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
A Samsung rep told someone last night they could check their IMEI number. They did and said their phone wasn't part of the recall.

Now granted, it was a Dominican Republic rep and I have dealt with those reps many times and they flat out lie to you.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
That would be odd to issue a global recall but then know which ones are affected. It would seem a global recall is in order when you don't know the full population of impacted devices. Doesn't make sense. Not saying you are lying. Just odd.

It is for PR reasons they are doing a full voluntary recall as well as to try to keep the government out of it.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
He is telling you what phones are recalled. All phones but the phones released in China on 9/2.

Yes, I know. He said what I said was false. I am not talking about the world, just the US. All Note7's manufactured to date and sold in the US are being recalled.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I know. He said what I said was false. I am not talking about the world, just the US. All Note7's manufactured to date and sold in the US are being recalled.
He was saying the Verizon rep gave you false information, not saying you said something false.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Ugh I feel bad for anyone that sold a note 7 already or is trying to. PayPal allows disputes for 180 days. Happy Valentines day, because if you sold a note 7 you could see a debit hit your PayPal account along with a charge to pay for return shipping in February...

Will the recall even still be in effect then? Would suck to have PayPal reverse an $800 charge then you get back a 6 month old banged up recall device which can't be exchanged any longer...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad