09-08-2016 11:13 AM
183 1234 ...
tools
    If I could choose the blue one for my replacement, that would be just dreamy. I drove 70 miles one way and visited 3 stores to only to get "basic black" because I didn't want silver (my spare note 5 is gold) and blue was sold out. I was NOT going home without one. It was my birthday present to me. Yay me! So yeah, I love this phone and I'll stay with Samsung but i would love to get a blue replacement.
    delynnie likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:56 PM
    I've never owned a Samsung device. However, I would consider buying one in the future, since I believe Samsung did the right thing by promptly issuing a recall. Not many companies do that.

That might make me a future Samsung customer.
    09-03-2016 11:06 PM
    Samsung should definitely drop down the price of Note 7 when it "re-launches" in a few days. Then maybe more customers will go for Note 7, in spite of it's current shoddy state. And as far as "customer confidence" goes, Samsung must practically show the world the test results side by side of the previous Note 7 models & the refurbished ones, by comparing the technical data (and converting it to 'easy-to-understand' data) of the battery internals, glass panel strength - rear side especially & scratch resistance. I think this will surely help them to regain back the customer confidence
    Do you think Samsung will be selling refurbished N7's? I would doubt that. People who already own a N7 have been promised a new phone in exchange for their phone.

What Samsung intends to do with these phones is anyone's guess. They could be refurbished with a new battery and used for warranty exhanges. To sell them out right, at a major discount, would only compete with themselves tring to maintain the current pricing on a new N7.
    mru007 likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:07 PM
    Apple has nothing to weigh their software down like Samsung does. Samsung is filthy rich with features and the s-pen. IPhone has force touch.
    Force Touch? Is that a Star War's feature?
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:14 PM
    ? Gotta love autocorrect.
    And proofreading.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:18 PM
    And proofreading.
    I think proof reading went the way of the VCR...
    09-03-2016 11:23 PM
    These exploding battery issues were present in only less than 0.1% of devices. But even then Samsung decided to recall all Note 7s because they care for customer's safety (this move has cost them a lot & they must have already calculated the business risks in doing so). After a few days, Note 7 will re-incarnate into a 'Refurbished Note 7' & emerge from the current ashes of shoddiness & will sustain it's premium reputation in the market
    09-03-2016 11:24 PM
    No, it has nothing to do with pairing, its fine and the iPhone sends all its notifications, S Health data, etc. Its still beta and kind of raw, but 75 percent of it is there.

The Gear S2 has its own menu options on the watch itself to do things like turn off various radios. The Numbersync and the NFC on/off were two options that were always in the Connections menu on the S2 - and they are gone now.
    I see. You still might have more luck with a solution posting in the Gear S2 forum.
    09-03-2016 11:25 PM
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:28 PM
    "How Samsung can regain Customer confidence" after the GNote7 battery
    exploding. 1) Accept responsibility on the unexpected event: 2) Get in
    touch with the Carriers, who still has this Note's 7 release and Stop
    selling and Recycle them: 3) Stop the production of this Phone

and Come up in March-2017: with the Note8..Buyers worldwide
    will distrust to purchase this Phone. The popularity of this
    Phone Brand will diminish. I'm Not a prophet, but this
    company will be sold to Google.com-Hehe! :-Bye
    09-03-2016 11:36 PM
    No, it has nothing to do with pairing, its fine and the iPhone sends all its notifications, S Health data, etc. Its still beta and kind of raw, but 75 percent of it is there.

The Gear S2 has its own menu options on the watch itself to do things like turn off various radios. The Numbersync and the NFC on/off were two options that were always in the Connections menu on the S2 - and they are gone now.
    Remember it's beta. At least they are trying to help the customer. Not sure Apple would do the same.

And wait for the final release.
    09-03-2016 11:40 PM
    My Sammy confidence is higher than ever. Doing it right.
    Ditto
    09-03-2016 11:40 PM
    Remember it's beta. At least they are trying to help the customer. Not sure Apple would do the same.

And wait for the final release.
    it would appear to have nothing to do with the app. The OP is saying the watch itself is missing menu items that were present prior to doing a Factory Reset on it. I was confused myself originally, but I think the help he needs can best be sought in the forum for that watch , as opposed to the Note 7 one.
    09-03-2016 11:51 PM
    Although I see many N7 lovers are loyal to Samsung, I see for many, the honeymoon is over. As gorgeous as their new bride is, people are beginning to become less tolerant and see her faults. What good is she if she has to be handled with kid gloves? What good is she, as sexy as she is, if she is a hot head and blows up with no provocation? What good is she if her good looks are so easily damaged even when you have done nothing to abuse her. Not only that, you now see she isn't the quickest girl around. She always lagged, but you overlooked that because she was so pretty. She is an expensive lady and you deserved much more.

Frankly, I doubt the N7 will recover from this fiasco. People may overlook the battery flaw once it is fixed, but for many, their bride will not be the same.
    Samsung can lower the price, apply a free screen protector, give an extended warranty, but many will not want their bride back. For what they paid, she should have never cheated on them. Instead of looking forward to welcoming her back and giving her another chance, they will look elsewhere. They don't want to worry about being possibly hurt again.
    The Phone Company likes this.
    09-04-2016 06:21 AM
    No I don't expect the Note to be at a discount. Samsung has earned my confidence by how they have handled a problem that was discovered.
    09-04-2016 06:30 AM
    I get the impression that there are two types in this Note 7 forum.

1) People who generally like the phone and are planning too do the swap when the stock is available.

2) People that do not like the device and are having their jollies over this recall situation.

Samsung is in my opinion doing the best it can with this unfortunate and expensive situation. I also have to mention my carrier T-MOBILE they are onboard with the recall and have given me the option to wait till the stock is replenished. Seriously, what more do you want from them?
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-04-2016 07:54 AM
    Im on the fence at this point. I love the features of the phone but hate the company. At this point theres nothing out that has everything I want in a phone besides the Note 7 and until the V20 is out, nothing really stacks up to the Note 7.
    09-04-2016 08:20 AM
    What Samsung needs to do in my eyes is to replace the units that are already out there with a new one that's going to have much better QC compared to the last ones along with extra peace-of-mind that the battery is much less likely to go into a thermal runaway, whether that's due to a failed voltage regulator or metal impurities. And they are doing just that.

Of course, Samsung could also compensate affected customers with something like extended warranty, or a credit.

But really, in my eyes, in order to regain consumer confidence, Samsung should just replace affected units with new ones that have better QC in a way that doesn't make it inconvenient for the customers.

IF Samsung handles this well, then I'm sure quite a number of customers will remain loyal to Sammy. But that's a big IF.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-04-2016 08:38 AM
    I'm perfectly fine with a new replacement from factory, no sending it in for battery replacement that I would not be ok with but sounds like we will get replacement devices. I think they were really good with pre order gifts so I'm not really expecting anything extra from them. Carriers will likely offer to exchange for a different device as well so people will have options.

If some people expect to get a replacement device + Icon X + Gear VR etc because of the inconvenience I think they are setting wrong expectations for Samsung.

Some will use this as an excuse to ditch and get a different device which is fine, my N7 has great performance and battery life.
    09-04-2016 08:49 AM
    I agree, it was a small number to begin with it not like they are exploding all over the place. They are doing this for our safety and it's probably costing them a lot of money to do so
    They are not doing it for your safety. They are doing to prevent lawsuits in case someone gets hurt and for damage control to save their name.
    09-04-2016 08:53 AM
    They are not doing it for your safety. They are doing to prevent lawsuits in case someone gets hurt and for damage control to save their name.
    I'm sorry, but while lawsuit possibility always play into business decisions, customer safety most certainly does also with reputable companies.

Samsung is a reputable company.
    Jewels81 and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-04-2016 09:00 AM
    I could see pricing come down, I think it's hurt their brand overall. I was talking to a friend who just went from iPhone to the GS7. She was in a panic thinking her phone was going to explode. I had to explain that it's not all Samsung phones, just the N7. The vast majority of consumers aren't as informed as us here on AC.

Second, although I don't know how long it will take to replace the current phones, I'm guessing it's gonna be in the neighbourhood of 4 weeks before most replacements are in the hands of current owners. That means we are a month away from the back orders getting filled. I ordered a blue coral just before the recall and was quoted 3-4 weeks by my carrier. Now that means I most likely won't receive my back order for 8 weeks. I'm thinking it'll be at least 10 weeks before we see these in any supply at retail outlets.

So Samsung has two problems, availability and perception. Can they charge full price for a phone that will be 2.5-3 months old by the time it's widely available? Second there will be the perception in the average person's mind that hey, there is Samsung's exploding phone. I think overall this will hurt them, not with Note fans but with the average consumer. I see big discounts coming before Christmas to clear out a lot of aging stock.
    chriskwarren and BustA Groove like this.
    09-04-2016 09:05 AM
    I get the impression that there are two types in this Note 7 forum.

1) People who generally like the phone and are planning too do the swap when the stock is available.

2) People that do not like the device and are having their jollies over this recall situation.

Samsung is in my opinion doing the best it can with this unfortunate and expensive situation. I also have to mention my carrier T-MOBILE they are onboard with the recall and have given me the option to wait till the stock is replenished. Seriously, what more do you want from them?
    There is a bigger group of people that you didn't mention. This group is the group of people who haven't yet bought the N7. Remember that the N7 just came out a couple of weeks ago. A lot of people don't immediately buy a new model flagship phone the minute it becomes available. They wait for the reviews and early user reports, before making their purchases. I am one of those people.

I love my N3, particularly because of its Amoled display and great battery life. Yet it is time to get a new phone because it no longer is being supported with security and operating system updates. The N7 was the first phone on my new phone shopping list, but for the reasons I love my N3, I have concerns about the N7. Sure, the N7 has a great higher res display, but what good is it, if I constantly need to worry about breaking or scratching it. ( I have yet to do either to my N3.) The N7 3500 mah battery is bigger than the 3200 mah battery that came with my N3, but I never did I worry about my N3 catching fire. Furthermore, I could easily replace the battery with a larger capacity battery if I needed to do it for any reason.

So I am in a group of Samsung Note users that want a new phone without new problems. I don't own a N7, and I do not hate Samsung products. I only wish the N7 for all its improvements over my N3, particularly it's wonderful camera, didn't have deal breaking quality and durability issues.

I am not getting my jollies over these issues. In fact, unless Samsung can convince me that I shouldn't worry about these early production problems, I will probably need to wait another year for the N8. That wait doesn't make me in the least bit happy or jolly.
    09-04-2016 09:24 AM
    Samsung don't need to do nothing for me but replace my phone.

Across the board. Everybody has had problems with Lithium batteries.
    Lithium battery technology is new. And constantly changing.

Think if you bought a new electric car.
    Do you not think it will have some kind of lithium battery in it.
    And think that lithium batteries get older and weaker after time and need to be replaced ?
    And have you heard of the cost of replacing the batteries in cars and having them disposed off ?
    And do you not think the batteries in the cars could explode if you was in a wreck and they took a hard impact.
    And that they couldn't catch on fire.
    Like dropping a phone on the concrete and thinking it should be able to withstand it.

Better wake up to the world of batteries.
    We couldn't exist in our world without batteries. And the way our daily lives revolves around them.
    09-04-2016 09:44 AM
    Replacing all Note 7s is the right thing to do and my confidence in Samsung shot way up.
    09-04-2016 09:57 AM
183 1234 ...