What will Samsung Need to do to regain customer confidence in the N7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Haven't read the first 3 pages of replys... but to answer the title question...

If they resolve the battery issue, and no more major issue or defects show up with v2.0... then people the own the phones should love it. It is arguably the best phone of the year.

The big challenge is now getting as many phones in peoples hands ASAP. And a $900 phone that's been entirely recalled and seen on tv to explode is a tough image to overcome.

They will have to be offering major deals! I want major price discounts (listening Samsung?! LOL.). I don't care and want bundles and BOGO with added lines. Undercut the iPhone 7 Plus price. Note 7 sales targets should be trashed anyways so save the reputation.

CUT THE PRICE AND THEY WILL COME! :p

Bonjovigirl

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: My Samsung Confidence is at an All Time Low

Quote Originally Posted by DaleReeck#AC View Post
No, it has nothing to do with pairing, its fine and the iPhone sends all its notifications, S Health data, etc. Its still beta and kind of raw, but 75 percent of it is there.

The Gear S2 has its own menu options on the watch itself to do things like turn off various radios. The Numbersync and the NFC on/off were two options that were always in the Connections menu on the S2 - and they are gone now.

I "lost" my ncf on my gear S2 and I did a soft reset and it came back.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Nothing from me, I got my exchange S7 Edge and when my replacement Blue Note is ready I will go back in a heartbeat. I think they were proactive in the recall and did it right. Tomorrow I will go to a AT&T Store and have my watch paired to the S7 Edge so I am fully back in business and I should be good till I get my Blue Beauty back

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind if Samsung gave a $50 Samsung Store or Google Play gift card.

Again, this is an inconvenient and it's part of business. If you go out to dinner and they get your order wrong you EXPECT something right?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Again, this is an inconvenient and it's part of business. If you go out to dinner and they get your order wrong you EXPECT something right?
Well no.. The only thing I expect if my order is wrong is them to correct it.

Last edited:

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I agree that Samsung needs to do something out of courtesy to their customers who have been inconvenied by the recall. Setting up another new phone, while perhaps fun the first time, is a pain the second time and very time consuming, especially when smart switch doesn't work so well. I wouldn't expect a free donner, but would expect at least another discount on a Samsung accessory or perhaps a free screen protector, since people who have already bought one, loose theirs, when they turn in their phone.

anon(871934)

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought I'd throw this out.

Remember the recall GM did recently when it came to faulty ignition switches? When people found out that GM actually did know all about the issue for years but never recalled them until much later (when fatalities have already occurred), GM's public image was pretty much a goner at that point. Sure, some of GM's recent cars are appealing (I want that 'Vette Z06), but in the public eye, GM's public image has already been tarnished, far beyond what it would've been if they recalled them way earlier when they first knew about it.

Will Samsung's image be shaken by this recall? Absolutely, but it could have been a lot worse had they not do what they have done. If Samsung just ignored it and had more Notes blow up out there, even causing some harm, Samsung would be hit with much more than just some doubt and a loss in market value.
Yet GM's market share in 2016 is higher than 2015 or 2014. People have short memories. This will not phase Samsung.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yet GM's market share in 2016 is higher than 2015 or 2014. People have short memories. This will not phase Samsung.

This may be true that in the long run GM wasn't hurt, but in the short term they were. There is no doubt this recall will hurt N7 sales to some extent. However, by the time the N8 comes out, nobody will be talking about any of this.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I havent lost confidence in Samsung. If anything I respect them a little more for trying to get this mess fixed quickly. It's inconvenient, but I understand why it was necessary.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Although I see many N7 lovers are loyal to Samsung, I see for many, the honeymoon is over. As gorgeous as their new bride is, people are beginning to become less tolerant and see her faults. What good is she if she has to be handled with kid gloves? What good is she, as sexy as she is, if she is a hot head and blows up with no provocation? What good is she if her good looks are so easily damaged even when you have done nothing to abuse her. Not only that, you now see she isn't the quickest girl around. She always lagged, but you overlooked that because she was so pretty. She is an expensive lady and you deserved much more.

I think what is most concerning over all is that no one seemed to pick up on this comment and 'LOL''ed to their heart's content.

menist

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Full blown recall is better than a free case from Apple for its antenna gate on the iPhone 4. The antenna gate problem is still there on the iPhone 4 and til this day was never fixed. Only with the 4S, a year later, it was slightly address. I respect Samsung for this quick recall and hope it works out for them in the long run.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Here in Texas a 108 year old company named Blue Bell creameries did the first shutdown in its history in Spring 2015 after 3 ppl died and 10 were hospitalized due to a listeria outbreak linked to their product...Didn't follow the story 100%, but there wasn't a Blue Bunny ice cream product to be found once they ceased production & recalled over 8 million gallons of ice cream and sought to eliminate their contaminated facilities of the listeria bacteria. It took about 7 months, but they finally resumed production in a 5 phase operation and the company is back to about 50% production with future plans to be back to 100%...

So there's hope, because ppl need their Note 7 much more than their Blue Bell... Especially since there's Haagen Dazs & Ben & Jerry's but there ain't no substitute for a Note 7 : )

BTC

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This may be true that in the long run GM wasn't hurt, but in the short term they were. There is no doubt this recall will hurt N7 sales to some extent. However, by the time the N8 comes out, nobody will be talking about any of this.
I wouldn't blame anyone if they're still weary of anything made by a company who was involved in a big recall.

But some people do forgive and forget rather easily.

Like in VW's scandal, some people did actually forgive and continued to support them, despite the mess they were in. I don't think Samsung is going to be shaken too badly to the point of having their image absolutely ruined to the point of no return, but the recall is absolutely going to hurt them, especially in the short-term, although the long-term effects may not be as bad, as they did start the recall pretty soon after cases propped up.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Here in Texas a 108 year old company named Blue Bell creameries did the first shutdown in its history in Spring 2015 after 3 ppl died and 10 were hospitalized due to a listeria outbreak linked to their product...Didn't follow the story 100%, but there wasn't a Blue Bunny ice cream product to be found once they ceased production & recalled over 8 million gallons of ice cream and sought to eliminate their contaminated facilities of the listeria bacteria. It took about 7 months, but they finally resumed production in a 5 phase operation and the company is back to about 50% production with future plans to be back to 100%...

So there's hope, because ppl need their Note 7 much more than their Blue Bell... Especially since there's Haagen Dazs & Ben & Jerry's but there ain't no substitute for a Note 7 : )

BTC
I like bossy TX chicks. We have quite a few in my family.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

BTC

I'm in TX too and the Blue Bell recall was a huge deal. And you couldn't get it anywhere. It was the right call, but phew. I love that ice cream.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Sammy will be just fine. And so will we. And everyone who really wants a Note 7.

Remember how Samsung is known for taking shots at Apple in marketing its phones? Even though it would be tacky and totally out of character, I think it would be funny to see Apple mention something about batteries with its iPhone 7.

Anyways, Samsung is taking care of the issue and hopefully will have a successful re-launch of the Note 7. They've definitely taken their lumps this year in terms of IP68 on the S7 active and now this.

I expect the 8 line of devices to be extremely refined. No water resistance issues, some type of metal back, and curved display only on the edge. Drop the curve from the Note 8 and make displays shatterproof. The designs look great, but having to slap a case on defeats the purpose. Consumers should only have to put a case on to minimize dings and chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995