09-08-2016 11:13 AM
183 123 ...
tools
    If you own and love your N7, Samsung will probably need to do nothing to keep your loyalty, except to handle the recall and exchange smoothly.

But if you are experiencing lagging issues with your phone, or have been concerned how easily your expensive phone's screen scratches, perhaps Samsung will need to do more.

Finally, if you have yet to purchase the N7, what could Samsung do to encourage you to buy it, given the less than consistent favorable user experience with this phone and possible quality control issues?

For example, do you expect a "fire sale" (pun intended) once new N7's become available again?

Will Samsung hold firm on pricing but continue to give bonus accessories or substantial discounts on them?

Will they need to offer extended warranties?

What else should Samsung do to limit the damage to the N7's reputation as the best phone available? To many, especially those who have yet to buy the N7, that reputation could be in question.
    09-03-2016 09:33 PM
    First the Note 7 debacle - and I really liked it, the first time that I was considering making Android my primary phone over the upcoming iPhone 7. But I returned it and will see how things play out, I didn't want to commit myself right now.

But now, my Samsung Gear S2 Classic watch decided to hose itself. I was connected to my Note 7 just fine, numbersync worked, everything was great. Well, then the Note 7 disaster...soooo I took the opportunity to test my Gear S2 Classic with my iPhone, using the Gear beta app. I did a watch factory reset, connected to the iPhone OK. But when I went to do numbersync from the website, I never received a code. I go to the Connections menu on the Gear to start numbersync setup from there - and the numbersync menu is missing. So is the NFC option - physically gone. Both were always in that menu previously. But now - gone. Did a few more factory resets - the menu options for those two options are not there anymore.

Samsung support, in their usual uselessness, said to send the watch in to be re-flashed. But I may just wait for the promised new firmware that adds some S3 features to their S2s later in the year - see if that puts everything back.

Right now, Samsung is not my favorite company.
    09-03-2016 09:56 PM
    This was the first Note I was interested in; actually the first Samsung branded phone I've been interested in ever. And I'm glad I didn't get it, but I don't have any requirements for them going forward except for fix the processes that allowed for this scenario.
    2Peks1Bird likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:00 PM
    My note 7 and s2 working 100%, love em! They had a few battery issues and are making it right for the customer. What more can ya ask for?
    09-03-2016 10:03 PM
    My note 7 and s2 working 100%, love em! They had a few battery issues and are making it right for the customer. What more can ya ask for?
    I agree, it was a small number to begin with it not like they are exploding all over the place. They are doing this for our safety and it's probably costing them a lot of money to do so
    09-03-2016 10:06 PM
    If you own and love your N7, Samsung will probably need to do nothing to keep your loyalty, except to handle the recall and exchange smoothly.

But if you are experiencing lagging issues with your phone, or have been concerned how easily your expensive phone's screen scratches, perhaps Samsung will need to do more.

Finally, if you have yet to purchase the N7, what could Samsung do to encourage you to buy it, given the less than consistent favorable user experience with this phone and possible quality control issues?

For example, do you expect a "fire sale" (pun intended) once new N7's become available again?

Will Samsung hold firm on pricing but continue to give bonus accessories or substantial discounts on them?

Will they need to offer extended warranties?
    I will be happy having the replacement. I think they have done a lot vomit forth and doing what is needed making sure the problem is taken care of. I still remain loyal to Samsung. I am sure you will find away to get more . I see customers all the time trying for more.
    Be happy you weren't hurt and be happy they are making the decision to recall every phone sold. They could had chosen a select few on the recall. But Samsung felt the need to replace ALL of them.
    I only hope Verizon will exchange the screen protector. Other than that happy mowing I will have my phone 100% operative without concerns.
    09-03-2016 10:07 PM
    My Sammy confidence is higher than ever. Doing it right.
    Jude526, mru007, mhettrich and 6 others like this.
    09-03-2016 10:07 PM
    vomit
    mowing
    ? Gotta love autocorrect.
    09-03-2016 10:09 PM
    First the Note 7 debacle - and I really liked it, the first time that I was considering making Android my primary phone over the upcoming iPhone 7. But I returned it and will see how things play out, I didn't want to commit myself right now.

But now, my Samsung Gear S2 Classic watch decided to hose itself. I was connected to my Note 7 just fine, numbersync worked, everything was great. Well, then the Note 7 disaster...soooo I took the opportunity to test my Gear S2 Classic with my iPhone, using the Gear beta app. I did a watch factory reset, connected to the iPhone OK. But when I went to do numbersync from the website, I never received a code. I go to the Connections menu on the Gear to start numbersync setup from there - and the numbersync menu is missing. So is the NFC option - physically gone. Both were always in that menu previously. But now - gone. Did a few more factory resets - the menu options for those two options are not there anymore.

Samsung support, in their usual uselessness, said to send the watch in to be re-flashed. But I may just wait for the promised new firmware that adds some S3 features to their S2s later in the year - see if that puts everything back.

Right now, Samsung is not my favorite company.
    Samsung rep went remotely into my phone when I couldn't get it to.pair. very good service. Working well.
    lanenubia and Gray Area like this.
    09-03-2016 10:11 PM
    I haven't bought the N7, although I played with one and liked it. In fact, I never buy a new model phone or car until inevitable early production problems get worked out, whether it's with hardware or software. Frankly, the N7, IMO, has been overpriced to begin with. Yet, it sold well until the battery fiasco stopped all its sales. I doubt that Samsung can support its original pricing, especially with other flagship phones coming out in the next 2 weeks. We'll see how those phones compare and are priced. Even without an spen, people are certain to consider them, unless they have money to burn on a higher priced N7.
    09-03-2016 10:15 PM
    That's not good, but the whole thing sounds to me like you can't get your Gear S2 paired with your iPhone after a factory reset.

You might want to Check out the Gear s2 forums here, as they might have more specific fixes/info for you. Keep in mind these things happen to all devices sometimes, from all OEMs. Don't get too down on Samsung just yet. Good luck, I hope you find a solution.
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:18 PM
    I don't know that they will need to do anything. Consumer confidence will come back and the battery issue will be yesterday's news in a matter of weeks.

The lagging issue IMHO was blown way out of proportion when you consider the number of units sold versus the number of folks who had issues, I don't see that as a major Impact to the perception of this product. Every new release has a myriad of reported issues on various forums, often it's the same people reporting the issue on the different venues.

Samsung is in the fortunate position to be a market leader, have a strong and devoted user base, and they will get through this just fine. Had this been a drawn-out affair and required government agencies to get involved in order to get a recall going, then it would be a different story.
    delynnie and mmsean like this.
    09-03-2016 10:19 PM
    All they got to do for me is provide me with a good and safe phone. That's all. They don't need to give me anything else like freebies(although those are nice lol) etc. Just make the issue right and move on.
    09-03-2016 10:25 PM
    It is true that Samsung's phone is not as stable as iPhone, but they are making new stuff really fast, we may not call it innovation but they do release exciting new feature on their phone quicker than their competitor, i still love Samsung.
    09-03-2016 10:26 PM
    No, it has nothing to do with pairing, its fine and the iPhone sends all its notifications, S Health data, etc. Its still beta and kind of raw, but 75 percent of it is there.

The Gear S2 has its own menu options on the watch itself to do things like turn off various radios. The Numbersync and the NFC on/off were two options that were always in the Connections menu on the S2 - and they are gone now.
    09-03-2016 10:27 PM
    ? Gotta love autocorrect.
    I'm so sorry I don't mean to laugh cause it happens but I can't help it😂😊
    09-03-2016 10:28 PM
    I don't know that they will need to do anything. Consumer confidence will come back and the battery issue will be yesterday's news in a matter of weeks.

The lagging issue IMHO was blown way out of proportion when you consider the number of units sold versus the number of folks who had issues, I don't see that as a major Impact to the perception of this product
    The number of people with battery issues, like a death toll immediately following an earthquake, only would be going up without a recall. Samsung is trying to limit the aftershock damage, by getting all of these phones back as soon as possible, to avoid even more bad publicity and potential personal liability law suits. To those who already own and love the N7 or other Samsung products, you could be right that they will remain loyal to Samsung. However, there is no question that for others, it has had a negative impact. For example, there have been many loyal Iphone users who jumped the Apple ship, for the first time to get a N7. While initially happy, many are going back to Apple, instead of exchanging their N7, because of quality and reliability concerns that they didn't have with Apple.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:33 PM
    I dont want anything else. Just give me my perfectly working note7 like this one is and ill be happy. Not interested in LG so no V20 for me. Definitely not an iPhone guy and will never again buy another Motorola/droid phone again. HTC never even enters my mind for my money. Nexus/pixel is very bland and boring for me. Nothing on the market is in the same ball park as the note7.
    09-03-2016 10:33 PM
    It is true that Samsung's phone is not as stable as iPhone, but they are making new stuff really fast, we may not call it innovation but they do release exciting new feature on their phone quicker than their competitor, i still love Samsung.
    Apple has nothing to weigh their software down like Samsung does. Samsung is filthy rich with features and the s-pen. IPhone has force touch.
    toenail_flicker and Gray Area like this.
    09-03-2016 10:36 PM
    The number of people with battery issues, like a death toll immediately following an earthquake, only would be going up without a recall. Samsung is trying to limit the aftershock damage, by getting all of these phones back as soon as possible, to avoid even more bad publicity and potential personal liability law suits. To those who already own and love the N7 or other Samsung products, you could be right that they will remain loyal to Samsung. However, there is no question that for others, it has had a negative impact. For example, there have been many loyal Iphone users who jumped the Apple ship, for the first time to get a N7. While initially happy, many are going back to Apple, instead of exchanging their N7, because of quality and reliability concerns that didn't have with Apple.
    To be honest I in a way don't blame them. Cause if I'm normally a samsung junkie lol, and I went with the iPhone for the first time and they had a recall I might just run back to samsung too. Even tho I would like to give the company a chance first tho.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:37 PM
    No need to apologize to me and I hope the OP doesn't think I was making fun of them. Only making fun of AC.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:39 PM
    For me, they need to do nothing but provide me with a safe replacement.

For the general public, while this is really a big deal, we all know how short people's attention spans are. It'll be remembered with "antenna-gate" and "bend-hate", and even though it is much more serious, I think it will become the past sooner than some expect.

If they handle all the replacements well (that's a big "if"), I believe they will have very little issue regaining consumer confidence. It's hard to say with any certainty now, but honestly, if it goes well, I can actually see a situation where the recall could be remembered positively down the road (i.e."Remember that time Samsung had a safety issue with a few phones, and they replaced 2 million just to be safe?"). For me, It's all about the effective and efficient handling of the recall.
    09-03-2016 10:43 PM
    No need to apologize to me and I hope the OP doesn't think I was making fun of them. Only making fun of AC.
    Lol I'm sure they don't think that and I was apologizing to both but i don't know how to double quote or whatever its called. I'm sure you can imagine the misspelling of my words. Lol. I usually catch it tho.
    09-03-2016 10:43 PM
    All they need to do is give me my replacement back
    09-03-2016 10:50 PM
    Samsung should definitely drop down the price of Note 7 when it "re-launches" in a few days. Then maybe more customers will go for Note 7, in spite of it's current shoddy state. And as far as "customer confidence" goes, Samsung must practically show the world the test results side by side of the previous Note 7 models & the refurbished ones, by comparing the technical data (and converting it to 'easy-to-understand' data) of the battery internals, glass panel strength - rear side especially & scratch resistance. I think this will surely help them to regain back the customer confidence
    09-03-2016 10:55 PM
183 123 ...