09-04-2016 02:54 PM
33 12
tools
    Reminds me of when I was in love with palm pre and in same scenario...

Then I posted a thread asking how many times you've replaced your palm pre. Omg!! 3x. 4x. 6x!

Lol, Jim Cramer ended up referencing that thread on mad money as well as other news sites. People said no issue there too with build.

Again time will tell.
    09-04-2016 08:20 AM
    Yeah I'm not sure if I believe the material transfer in this instance.. the video guy did same test on 7 edge at same time and no material transfer... unless you say gg4 resistant to transfer over 5. But the guy making video didn't dispute Samsung argument that it could be that so... wish Samsung would have offered to take that phone and see if it was under microscope

Oh I forgot to add.. Transfer looks like a scratch, so people will see it as a scratch. The harder a material is, the easier you will have transfer from softer objects.

I knew when I saw the Note that it would be more fragile because of the screen design.
    09-04-2016 08:24 AM
    Yeah I'm not sure if I believe the material transfer in this instance.. the video guy did same test on 7 edge at same time and no material transfer... unless you say gg4 resistant to transfer over 5. But the guy making video didn't dispute Samsung argument that it could be that so... wish Samsung would have offered to take that phone and see if it was under microscope
    It isn't Gorilla Glass 5, it is 4, less hard product. That is what Corning was saying in their statement.
    09-04-2016 08:32 AM
    This morning as I was getting out of my car my Note7 slipped out of my jacket pocket and hit the tarmac.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...47be68e505.jpg

I was only half way out of the car when it happened so it wasn't even from a great height.
    After all the experiments showing the screen is very easy to scratch, and now this little drop just a couple of feet from the ground, I'm calling BS on GG5.

I've never cracked a screen on any smartphone I've ever had. I've had a HTC P4350, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6 Plus and a Galaxy Note 4, not a crack on any of them. And I've dropped them all from greater heights with just as hard surfaces.

HOT TIP: Take extra care of your Note7 GG5 people. It is no way near as strong as they are making it out to be.
    The problem is not so much the glass in this case as it is the design of the phone itself. You can't have glass around the edges take hits as well as phones that have full frames around the glass.
    09-04-2016 08:36 AM
    So it sucks that you dropped your phone and it cracked, but the thread title made me chuckle. Well done ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
    09-04-2016 09:42 AM
    The problem is not so much the glass in this case as it is the design of the phone itself. You can't have glass around the edges take hits as well as phones that have full frames around the glass.
    You have a valid point there Mike. I didn't think of that as this is my first curved screen.
    09-04-2016 02:23 PM
    This is why I hate these edge phones. Give me a nice flat Note 7 please.

Don't worry though, you just in time for a new replacement at no cost from Samsung.
    Jad Morffier likes this.
    09-04-2016 02:33 PM
    So it sucks that you dropped your phone and it cracked, but the thread title made me chuckle. Well done ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
    Hehe I'm glad it tickled your funny bone. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    09-04-2016 02:54 PM
33 12