09-07-2016 06:51 AM
169 1234 ...
tools
    The guys phone that blew up worked for an ambulance service.
    Yes, and? They claimed it was a Note 7 when it clearly wasn't.
    09-04-2016 07:46 AM
    Yes, and? They claimed it was a Note 7 when it clearly wasn't.
    That's why the photo credit said it was from the ambulance service. Another person may have took the pictures.

Also, people think all Samsung phones are the same. Only people on these forums or who does research will know the difference between them all.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-04-2016 07:49 AM
    You can see in the 2nd picture its definitely an S6 Active. So glad the news crew verified their information before doing a story on it.
    News is all entertainment and click bait now. If a non apple phone blows up I'm sure they'll say it's a Note 7. They probably use Google and didn't see any other phone blowing up (at least on the first page of searches).

I'm hoping all this can be fixed. I love my Note 5 and would like upgrade without worry. This is why I'm researching this and reading these posts.
    09-04-2016 07:56 AM
    Uh, that is a galaxy active...not a Note 7. Also..it has overlapping pattern burns on the front and back...it looks like some put a defibrillator on either side of it and went to town
    09-04-2016 07:57 AM
    Thats an active. So now do i need to worry about my Active also???

Edit: Its an S6 Active
    No, they are doing like the media does with many stories, especially if they don't have a picture available or have time to get one, using a stock photo from something else. Sometimes they will specifically mention that in a case like this, but not always.

Stock photos are used more than people realize. A lot of stock photos are used for stories for the President. Many times people will catch that and scream a story isn't true because that picture was from something else.

In this case it would have been better for them to mention they used a stock photo.
    09-04-2016 07:57 AM
    No, they are doing like the media does with many stories, especially if they don't have a picture available or have time to get one, using a stock photo from something else. Sometimes they will specifically mention that in a case like this, but not always.

Stock photos are used more than people realize. A lot of stock photos are used for stories for the President. Many times people will catch that and scream a story isn't true because that picture was from something else.

In this case it would have been better for them to mention they used a stock photo.
    Kelly, they didnt use a stock photo. They mentioned it was of the actual phone.
    09-04-2016 07:59 AM
    Watching the news lastnight and sure enough In a town not to far from me galaxy note 7 burnt battery

This is getting more real for me definitely going to de swapping my phone
    That was a s7 active

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/09/0...odes-winthrop/
    09-04-2016 07:59 AM
    Leave it to local news to perpetuate fear among the masses that have no clue which phone is which.
    09-04-2016 08:01 AM
    No, it's not a stock photo, and it's poor form on them to not provide direct proof of the phone, like everyone else has done.

The fact is, some people will take advantage of this situation to get fame, or mistake one phone for another.
    I'm sorry looks like an s6 active in the link I posted.
    09-04-2016 08:01 AM
    I knew that the first time I read the article.

The photo being used doesn't prove this actual story wasn't about a Note 7.

The Note 7 recall isn't a conspiracy, its real.
    I dont think anyone is questioning the note 7 recall. All were saying is this particular story isnt about a note 7 and this news source didnt do any fact checking.
    09-04-2016 08:02 AM
    The phone in that article looks like an S7 Active doesn't it?
    That was an S7 active. That wasn't a Note 7. Gotta love credible media outlets.
    09-04-2016 08:03 AM
    That was an S7 active. That wasn't a Note 7. Gotta love credible media outlets.
    Its not an S7 Active either. Its an S6 Active. The S7 version has a blank home button and no screws on the back.
    09-04-2016 08:05 AM
    The ambulance service, not the owner, supplied the picture, so that is a very good indication that it is a photo they have from a call. I'm guessing the phone owner knows what kind of phone he has.
    09-04-2016 08:06 AM
    The ambulance service, not the owner, supplied the picture, so that is a very good indication that it is a photo they have from a call. I'm guessing the phone owner knows what kind of phone he has.
    That's a very wild assumption. Again, it would be poor form on them not to provide an accurate photo.
    09-04-2016 08:07 AM
    Also, it wasn't from a call, it happened at the Ambulance HQ directly.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-04-2016 08:08 AM
    shoot im taking my memory card out now just in case...
    yea yea not the most important thing to worry about. but to me everything can be replaced except the memories.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-04-2016 08:09 AM
    These phones are all ticking time bombs. They all have a design fault that goes beyond the battery. They are missing voltage protection that wouldn't allow a faulty battery to overheat and catch fire. Every day more reports will surface as long as these phones are allowed to to be used. Samsung wouldn't be recalling them all for a few bad batteries.
    The problem "may" be voltage regulation in the phone and/or battery, but it's probably more complicated than that.

The USB-C specification allows for higher charging current, and, from what I understand, it's up to the cable to control the charging current (and maybe voltage as well). Bad cables have been responsible for frying devices using USB-C. Unfortunately, USB-C is fairly new, and it appears that everything hasn't been worked out yet. (see USB Type C and 3.1: clearing up the confusion)

See this article on USB-C cables: How to Buy USB Type-C Cables That Won’t Fry Your Gadgets - a quote from there is:

"...a standards-compliant cable will make sure
    that the client tries to draw only as much
    electricity as the host can provide."

I suspect that batteries and/or charging circuits in USB-C devices will have to be designed to double-check what the cables are providing, to account for inadequate cables.

This is new and evolving technology - I'm guessing that Apple is doing a lot of reviewing of their new phone before they release it!
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-04-2016 08:18 AM
    That's not even a note 7 it's a s7 active
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-04-2016 08:26 AM
    We know what the picture is and it seems to be an S6 Active.
    09-04-2016 08:33 AM
    Again, its an S6 Active. If people keep saying its an S7 Active everyones going to assume the entire S7 line will explode.
    09-04-2016 08:33 AM
    This is the very reason they recalled all of them. If they could tell which ones were at risk or tell you what symptoms to look for they would have.

Just the fact that they are recalling ALL of them and not certain ones, speaks volumes. Recalling phones that aren't necessary to recall would be a very bad move business wise. We may never hear from their mouth how widespread or serious this issue really is. I firmly believe their actions in this tell us how serious this is.
    Honestly recalling all of them is a great business move from a PR standpoint. Companies do it all the time. Like a previous poster said earlier, peace of mind will keep returning business coming. I commend the was they handled this thus far.
    09-04-2016 08:36 AM
    Guys, please keep it civil and stop picking at each other. If you see a post you don't agree with, please move on. Thank you.
    toenail_flicker and Gray Area like this.
    09-04-2016 08:37 AM
    Honestly recalling all of them is a great business move from a PR standpoint. Companies do it all the time. Like a previous poster said earlier, peace of mind will keep returning business coming. I commend the was they handled this thus far.
    Yes it was the best move to do. The number that have exploded is way beyond the number of new batteries that explode. These batteries can and do explode if something goes wrong.

These type of batteries are no longer allowed to be shipped in cargo on commercial flights. They used to allow companies to do that and there have been plane crashes due to them exploding.
    09-04-2016 08:40 AM
    Very good information from Zach. This and the phone frying in Massachusetts make this all too real.

My beautiful black Note 7 has been performing flawlessly. Several times the back of the phone has become noticeably hot during charging, but I'm not sure I would have given this much thought unless the recall was announced or it kept happening.

Samsung has handled this situation wonderfully from a business, legal and ethical perspective.

Not happy about it all but my opinion for Sammy is stronger because of it - corporate character is best displayed under adversity and on this count Sammy gets my vote.

Can't wait for my next new Note 7
    I love my Note as well, but this recall is definitely not done out of character, but out of an assessment of the risks and potential liabilities if they didn't do a total recall. The fact is that they can't narrow this down to certain batches, so they're doing a total recall. If they could, they would've limited their losses as much as possible.

Once it was decided that a total recall was the only option, the PR folks then took charge to cast this in the best possible light. This is how the corporate world works.
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-04-2016 08:48 AM
    Uh, that is a galaxy active...not a Note 7. Also..it has overlapping pattern burns on the front and back...it looks like some put a defibrillator on either side of it and went to town
    If it's not a Note 7 and it legitimately burnt up its not a good thing.
    09-04-2016 08:49 AM
169 1234 ...