09-07-2016 06:51 AM
169 12345 ...
tools
    Well now that makes me wonder. My note 5 would get hot as crap if I drained to below 20%. Maybe the issue is fast charging at low battery percentages. I have only let my note 7 go below 50% once. But I did use the adapter and my note 5 charger cable with block and noticed it works fine. The cable from best buy did not work to charge and did get hot. I bought 5 cables that where made for usb c from Verizon so I font have to worry about that happening again. Although I can't transfer data with them.? Maybe it is cables that aren't right and no circuit protection.
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-04-2016 08:49 AM
    Well now that makes me wonder. My note 5 would get hot as crap if I drained to below 20%. Maybe the issue is fast charging at low battery percentages. I have only let my note 7 go below 50% once. But I did use the adapter and my note 5 charger cable with block and noticed it works fine. The cable from best buy did not work to charge and did get hot. I bought 5 cables that where made for usb c from Verizon so I font have to worry about that happening again. Although I can't transfer data with them.? Maybe it is cables that aren't right and no circuit protection.
    My Note 4 got quite hot a few times, but it never blew up on me. I don't think either is affected.
    09-04-2016 09:22 AM
    I firmly believe their actions in this tell us how serious this is.
    And you're not wrong. This is not a simple thing. We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and what is involved. I have a very active imagination and I have all kinds of scenarios in mind, but we don't really know anything except phones exploded and all have been recalled. Enough for me. I'm not in the habit of carrying a potential exploding device around with me.
    09-04-2016 09:27 AM
    Where are all the "he's a moron" comments for telling people it's safe to keep using your phone?
    09-04-2016 09:31 AM
    I just watched a video on another thread that was closed. They pried the phone out of the Active looking case and it has the S Pen silo very visible.

They had the phone laying next to the case. If it was in a case like that I don't doubt it blew on both sides. It was pretty heavy duty, I'm sure it wasn't expecting to blow from the inside.
    09-04-2016 09:33 AM
    Where are all the "he's a moron" comments for telling people it's safe to keep using your phone?
    Let it go, pal.

It's over.
    09-04-2016 09:34 AM
    I just watched a video on another thread that was closed. They pried the phone out of the Active looking case and it has the S Pen silo very visible.

They had the phone laying next to the case. If it was in a case like that I don't doubt it blew on both sides. It was pretty heavy duty, I'm sure it wasn't expecting to blow from the inside.
    Attached Thumbnails Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.-1716.jpg  
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-04-2016 09:36 AM

The Active case might have suffocated the phone. That's my guess. Why would you put it in a Active case anyways?

I don't see the S-Pen silo though.
    Doh. Don't know why it wouldn't let me post two
    Attached Thumbnails Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.-1717.jpg  
    chriskwarren likes this.
    Doh. Don't know why it wouldn't let me post two
    Doesn't look big enough to be the S-Pen silo, does the S6 Active have things on the bottom? A speaker?
    09-04-2016 09:38 AM
    The Active case might have suffocated the phone. That's my guess. Why would you put it in a Active case anyways?

I don't see the S-Pen silo though.
    Posted it. I wonder what case he was using?
    09-04-2016 09:38 AM
    With all the bad publicity that Samsung has been hit with in regards to the Note 7 battery exploding, I truly hope people aren't taking advantage and getting their 15mins of fame. Whether that S6 Active did legitimately burnt up on its own, you should know if you just bought a brand new phone! This is very careless of the news station to report that a Note 7 burned in flames when in fact it wasn't.
    09-04-2016 09:39 AM
    Doesn't look big enough to be the S-Pen silo, does the S6 Active have things on the bottom? A speaker?
    Here's the bottom of one
    Attached Thumbnails Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.-1718.jpg  
    09-04-2016 09:40 AM
    With all the bad publicity that Samsung has been hit with in regards to the Note 7 battery exploding, I truly hope people aren't taking advantage and getting their 15mins of fame. Whether that S6 Active did legitimately burnt up on its own, you should know if you just bought a brand new phone! This is very careless of the news station to report that a Note 7 burned in flames when in fact it wasn't.
    Exactly. I'm not denying the recall/and accidents are real, but people have taken advantage of these situations historically in the past, and nothing is stopping them from manufacturing "accidents" to get publicity.
    09-04-2016 09:40 AM
    Here's the bottom of one
    Looks like a speaker or headphone jack to me, might be the top of it.
    09-04-2016 09:41 AM
    I agree. Sammy went up in my opinion over this. They did not drag their heels on the recall.
    Here's the bottom of one
    And the bottom of a S7 Active
    Attached Thumbnails Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.-1719.jpg  
    The speaker on the S6 Active is on the rear of the phone. There's only a charging port on the bottom.

Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.-galaxy-s6-active-usb-port.jpg

If anything, that looks similar to the bottom of my Note7
    09-04-2016 09:42 AM
    Also if you look at the video they show a charger with a non OEM CABLE attached to it. Was that part of the problem, if that was the charger and cable that was used?
    09-04-2016 09:44 AM
    Also if you look at the video they show a charger with a non OEM CABLE attached to it. Was that part of the problem, if that was the charger and cable that was used?
    Non-OEM cable
    S6 Active case for Note 7

This seems very odd to me. Almost intentional.
    09-04-2016 09:44 AM

I took this screenshot from the video. I see something right there on the right..
    09-04-2016 09:45 AM
    Wait. Anyone noticed that throughout the video, they showed an S6 Active but at the very end, they showed a Note7?
    09-04-2016 09:46 AM
    I think that was for dramatic affect. Those colorful charging cables are 5 bucks a pop at the gas station counter. I have one in yellow for my iPod Nano. I doubt that they have them for the USB C yet, but you never know.
    09-04-2016 09:46 AM
    Wait. Anyone noticed that throughout the video, they showed an S6 Active but at the very end, they showed a Note7?
    That clip of the Note 7 looks really familiar. I'm cruising YouTube as we speak, and hoping I don't eat crow pie lol
    PraetorianGuard14 likes this.
    09-04-2016 09:47 AM
    Hang on. This is in the middle of the video.
    Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.-s6active.png
    And then this was at the end.
    Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.-blownnote.png
    09-04-2016 09:49 AM
169 12345 ...