Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Another (possible) Note 7 burnt up in Massachusetts

So, as others have said.

Wrong phone.
Possibly using a very cheap gas station charger.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure about the charger.

But if that's the phone, then they got it wrong.

Regardless, it's a real thing, and people should get theirs swapped as soon as the replacements come in.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

And I apologize again y'all, I have absolutely no familiarity with AT&T phones. Actives have always been kinda ugly to me.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I think it's a S7 Active, did they make the S6 with the blue digital camo?
Yes the s6 active is in blue camo. You can also tell because the active button is blue. The s7 active isnt and has a thumbprint home button unlike the s6 version. Im using an s7 active to type this, it is definitely not an s7 active. Also the s7 active does not have the fake screws.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

That clip of the Note 7 looks really familiar. I'm cruising YouTube as we speak, and hoping I don't eat crow pie lol
Even video before that could be stock video also.

People have said something to the news station, so I'm sure they will clarify their story.

This is again why I hate stock photos and video without it being exspressly said it is stock in a separate line. It starts controversy and even conspiracy, I see it every day.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I'm not entirely sure how they got the phone wrong. The S6 Active and the Note7 have obvious differences.

noteactive.PNG
Source: PhoneArena

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Yes the s6 active is in blue camo. You can also tell because the active button is blue. The s7 active isnt and has a thumbprint home button unlike the s6 version. Im using an s7 active to type this, it is definitely not an s7 active. Also the s7 active does not have the fake screws.

Cool, thanks! I've been on Verizon so long I kind of ignore whatever Baby Blue is doing and releasing!

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I'm not entirely sure how they got the phone wrong. The S6 Active and the Note7 have obvious differences.

View attachment 238413

1) Person at Ambulance HQ has a Samsung phone that catches on fire, somehow thinks it's the Note 7 or tries to claim it is one.

2) Factchecker/reporter at the News station completely gets it wrong or ignores it as well.

3) False story gets published.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Even video before that could be stock video also.

People have said something to the news station, so I'm sure they will clarify their story.

This is again why I hate stock photos and video without it being exspressly said it is stock in a separate line. It starts controversy and even conspiracy, I see it every day.

Unless the news station is completely inept at writing stories, getting sources, and doing reporting, the phone in question is the S6 Active.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

They showed a Samsung charger there and a bright green cord..

Yeah, that bright green cord is what I was saying is sitting on every 7-11 counter for $5 smooth dollars. I have a yellow and orange one for my iPod Nano because I keep losing my Apple chargers to the sharks at work.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

1) Person at Ambulance HQ has a Samsung phone that catches on fire, somehow thinks it's the Note 7 or tries to claim it is one.

2) Factchecker/reporter at the News station completely gets it wrong or ignores it as well.

Well, considering how many responses there are to the phone apparently not being a Note7, maybe there may be an update.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Another (possible) Note 7 burnt up in Massachusetts

I will not ever buy a used note if people don't swap it- ever-
Regardless what phone it is!
If a company says send in we will replace it w a new one why aren't people complying?
It will bring resale value Way down.
Hopefully people can get proof that they did fix theirs.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Main stream media at its finest.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Exactly. I'm not denying the recall/and accidents are real, but people have taken advantage of these situations historically in the past, and nothing is stopping them from manufacturing "accidents" to get publicity.

And sadly we will see more false stories like this. This is a great thread with some great investigative peeps looking out for Samsung.
Samsung has done the right thing and I have more respect for them now. Then you have people with too much time in their hands to try and make Samsung look even worse.

John_Cline

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Here's a Note 7 battery catching fire

This is a video showing what happens when a Note 7 battery catches on fire. It also explains all of the safety circuits involved in preventing that from happening, however, if the battery itself is contaminated, there is no circuit that will protect it. Lithium is highly voilatile.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power