Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So, Zack from JerryRigEverything (the same guy that made the GG5 scratch video) recently published a video outlining the possible reasons why the battery on some Notes explode.

They range from failure of the voltage chip to metal impurities in the battery itself.

https://youtu.be/_Cd2WIxKRDk

Check it out if you can as there's quite a bit of good info.

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Another (possible) Note 7 burnt up in Massachusetts

Watching the news lastnight and sure enough In a town not to far from me galaxy note 7 burnt battery

This is getting more real for me definitely going to de swapping my phone

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
re: Another (possible) Note 7 burnt up in Massachusetts

I was originally thinking if it ain't broke... Well I've now been convinced/swayed that exchanging is the right thing to do. A hassle yes... But peace of mind and of course safety should come first.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I was originally thinking if it ain't broke... Well I've now been convinced/swayed that exchanging is the right thing to do. A hassle yes... But peace of mind and of course safety should come first.
This is the very reason they recalled all of them. If they could tell which ones were at risk or tell you what symptoms to look for they would have.

Just the fact that they are recalling ALL of them and not certain ones, speaks volumes. Recalling phones that aren't necessary to recall would be a very bad move business wise. We may never hear from their mouth how widespread or serious this issue really is. I firmly believe their actions in this tell us how serious this is.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

These phones are all ticking time bombs. They all have a design fault that goes beyond the battery. They are missing voltage protection that wouldn't allow a faulty battery to overheat and catch fire. Every day more reports will surface as long as these phones are allowed to to be used. Samsung wouldn't be recalling them all for a few bad batteries.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've heard a lot of talk, since all this started, about impurities. Of course nothing official, but if that is the case I could see how that could affect just some in a batch. Especially if impurities entered during production and not before and happened more than once or they couldn't identify how they got in there.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

I have been monitoring my phone when on the Samsung Wireless Charger that I just got. Nothing out of the ordinary going on.

Something I observed. I was at about 50% battery when I put it on the charger. I use my wireless charger as a clock nightstand.

I checked it every 5% change and noticed it got very warm. I took off the Carbon Fiber Caseology case (thanks Flossy for the excellent recommend on that one) and left it naked on the charger.

Checked it at about 75% and it was very warm. Started getting a little nervous so I watched it while watching Mr Robot.

Stayed warm, very very warm all the way up to 100%. I was going to take it off the charger but left it for about 15 minutes after it was at 100% and noticed something strange.

When I picked it up it was literally almost cool. No heat at all. Almost like when it reaches 100% the charger will stop actually charging. Maybe it comes back on if the phone starts losing a charge again.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

Hey so basically Samsung doesn't have any idea of what phones are affected? I'm thinking they all have defective parts that could potentially burn up but it's random so for me my phone stays off at night till I get this fixed I'm not setting my house on fire for thus dam note 7. And as you know all the iPhone fans are eating this s*** up Samsung is making us look bad right now

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've heard a lot of talk, since all this started, about impurities. Of course nothing official, but if that is the case I could see how that could affect just some in a batch. Especially if impurities entered during production and not before and happened more than once or they couldn't identify how they got in there.
That might be likely, especially since there's one case where it blew up while it wasn't charging.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

The phone in that article looks like an S7 Active doesn't it?

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Suspicious report.

Oh, before someone accuses me of being a shill, I'm simply being wary of people trying to take advantage of this issue for their 15 seconds of fame.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Thats an active. So now do i need to worry about my Active also???

ffc8487f784e5149f861b4fad5abdae2.jpg

Edit: Its an S6 Active

0881273c0ee5ab735df5d88cb30e8fb0.jpg

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

It looks like one of those full cover waterproof cases... forgot manufacturer that makes it for iPhone. I didn't think active buttons looked like that.

Oh boy... now people will think all galaxy S series go boom!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc