Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
re: Another (possible) Note 7 burnt up in Massachusetts

You can see in the 2nd picture its definitely an S6 Active. So glad the news crew verified their information before doing a story on it.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Very good information from Zach. This and the phone frying in Massachusetts make this all too real.

My beautiful black Note 7 has been performing flawlessly. Several times the back of the phone has become noticeably hot during charging, but I'm not sure I would have given this much thought unless the recall was announced or it kept happening.

Samsung has handled this situation wonderfully from a business, legal and ethical perspective.

Not happy about it all but my opinion for Sammy is stronger because of it - corporate character is best displayed under adversity and on this count Sammy gets my vote.

Can't wait for my next new Note 7

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

You can see in the 2nd picture its definitely an S6 Active. So glad the news crew verified their information before doing a story on it.

I think it's also the user. Most users have no clue. They buy a Samsung and they're all the same phones.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, and? They claimed it was a Note 7 when it clearly wasn't.

That's why the photo credit said it was from the ambulance service. Another person may have took the pictures.

Also, people think all Samsung phones are the same. Only people on these forums or who does research will know the difference between them all.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

News is all entertainment and click bait now. If a non apple phone blows up I'm sure they'll say it's a Note 7. They probably use Google and didn't see any other phone blowing up (at least on the first page of searches).

I'm hoping all this can be fixed. I love my Note 5 and would like upgrade without worry. This is why I'm researching this and reading these posts.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Uh, that is a galaxy active...not a Note 7. Also..it has overlapping pattern burns on the front and back...it looks like some put a defibrillator on either side of it and went to town :p

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Thats an active. So now do i need to worry about my Active also???

Edit: Its an S6 Active

No, they are doing like the media does with many stories, especially if they don't have a picture available or have time to get one, using a stock photo from something else. Sometimes they will specifically mention that in a case like this, but not always.

Stock photos are used more than people realize. A lot of stock photos are used for stories for the President. Many times people will catch that and scream a story isn't true because that picture was from something else.

In this case it would have been better for them to mention they used a stock photo.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

No, they are doing like the media does with many stories, especially if they don't have a picture available or have time to get one, using a stock photo from something else. Sometimes they will specifically mention that in a case like this, but not always.

Stock photos are used more than people realize. A lot of stock photos are used for stories for the President. Many times people will catch that and scream a story isn't true because that picture was from something else.

In this case it would have been better for them to mention they used a stock photo.
Kelly, they didnt use a stock photo. They mentioned it was of the actual phone.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Leave it to local news to perpetuate fear among the masses that have no clue which phone is which.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

No, it's not a stock photo, and it's poor form on them to not provide direct proof of the phone, like everyone else has done.

The fact is, some people will take advantage of this situation to get fame, or mistake one phone for another.

I'm sorry looks like an s6 active in the link I posted.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I knew that the first time I read the article.

The photo being used doesn't prove this actual story wasn't about a Note 7.

The Note 7 recall isn't a conspiracy, its real.
I dont think anyone is questioning the note 7 recall. All were saying is this particular story isnt about a note 7 and this news source didnt do any fact checking.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

That was an S7 active. That wasn't a Note 7. Gotta love credible media outlets.
Its not an S7 Active either. Its an S6 Active. The S7 version has a blank home button and no screws on the back.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

The ambulance service, not the owner, supplied the picture, so that is a very good indication that it is a photo they have from a call. I'm guessing the phone owner knows what kind of phone he has.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

The ambulance service, not the owner, supplied the picture, so that is a very good indication that it is a photo they have from a call. I'm guessing the phone owner knows what kind of phone he has.

That's a very wild assumption. Again, it would be poor form on them not to provide an accurate photo.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Also, it wasn't from a call, it happened at the Ambulance HQ directly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2