Zack from JerryRig explains why the Note7 battery may explode.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Another (possible) Note 7 burnt up in Massachusetts

With all the bad publicity that Samsung has been hit with in regards to the Note 7 battery exploding, I truly hope people aren't taking advantage and getting their 15mins of fame. Whether that S6 Active did legitimately burnt up on its own, you should know if you just bought a brand new phone! This is very careless of the news station to report that a Note 7 burned in flames when in fact it wasn't.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

With all the bad publicity that Samsung has been hit with in regards to the Note 7 battery exploding, I truly hope people aren't taking advantage and getting their 15mins of fame. Whether that S6 Active did legitimately burnt up on its own, you should know if you just bought a brand new phone! This is very careless of the news station to report that a Note 7 burned in flames when in fact it wasn't.

Exactly. I'm not denying the recall/and accidents are real, but people have taken advantage of these situations historically in the past, and nothing is stopping them from manufacturing "accidents" to get publicity.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't look big enough to be the S-Pen silo, does the S6 Active have things on the bottom? A speaker?
The speaker on the S6 Active is on the rear of the phone. There's only a charging port on the bottom.

galaxy-s6-active-usb-port.jpg

If anything, that looks similar to the bottom of my Note7

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Also if you look at the video they show a charger with a non OEM CABLE attached to it. Was that part of the problem, if that was the charger and cable that was used?

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

Also if you look at the video they show a charger with a non OEM CABLE attached to it. Was that part of the problem, if that was the charger and cable that was used?

Non-OEM cable
S6 Active case for Note 7

This seems very odd to me. Almost intentional.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I just watched a video on another thread that was closed. They pried the phone out of the Active looking case and it has the S Pen silo very visible.

They had the phone laying next to the case. If it was in a case like that I don't doubt it blew on both sides. It was pretty heavy duty, I'm sure it wasn't expecting to blow from the inside.
I took this screenshot from the video. I see something right there on the right..
c0009d0a7936c78473b85cde57c89bb0.jpg

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Wait. Anyone noticed that throughout the video, they showed an S6 Active but at the very end, they showed a Note7?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

I think that was for dramatic affect. Those colorful charging cables are 5 bucks a pop at the gas station counter. I have one in yellow for my iPod Nano. I doubt that they have them for the USB C yet, but you never know.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Wait. Anyone noticed that throughout the video, they showed an S6 Active but at the very end, they showed a Note7?

That clip of the Note 7 looks really familiar. I'm cruising YouTube as we speak, and hoping I don't eat crow pie lol

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Hang on. This is in the middle of the video.
s6active.PNG
And then this was at the end.
blownnote.PNG

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Ok that screenshot is the other Note. Let me get to the point MizWylie saw..

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
So, Zack from JerryRigEverything (the same guy that made the GG5 scratch video) recently published a video outlining the possible reasons why the battery on some Notes explode.

They range from failure of the voltage chip to metal impurities in the battery itself.

https://youtu.be/_Cd2WIxKRDk

Check it out if you can as there's quite a bit of good info.

Good video. I was about to post it myself. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781