Has anyone received an email from the carrier about the recall?

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
US Cellular are playing dumb right now and said they don't know too much about it. Said I could exchange my note 7 for another phone (but only at a corporate store, which is 30 miles away from me) but then when the new note 7 comes out, I couldn't get it because I already exchanged it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Even though exchange phones have not yet been received by the carries, the recall has been officially announced by Samsung and I have not received one email from Verizon addressing the situation. Has anyone heard from a carrier yet?

I talked to customer care and a corporate store. Can swap or wait for replacement. Said to check back when receiving. Desert Ridge Mgr said won't charge me restocking fee if not received with u need 30 days. I only want to swap for note7. I had played with S7 and the edge. Did not like

Posted via the Android Central App

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I think Verizon would like to not participate, lol.

Verizon chat also told me it would take back phones "damaged within reason" .... so don't rock those phones to hard or you might have to send the phone directly to Samsung.

The replacement will take place at store level. Not with customer care. Will be easy and they handle returning to Samsung. Phones not being sent out via mail

Posted via the Android Central App

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
It's funny how certain carriers are going against what Samsung it putting out to the public. Samsung is saying with one option, "yea, exchange it when the new stock comes in". But the carrier's are saying either exchange it in 30 days or oh well or exchange it for something else and thats all ya get.
SHADY!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Even though exchange phones have not yet been received by the carries, the recall has been officially announced by Samsung and I have not received one email from Verizon addressing the situation. Has anyone heard from a carrier yet?

It's funny how certain carriers are going against what Samsung it putting out to the public. Samsung is saying with one option, "yea, exchange it when the new stock comes in". But the carrier's are saying either exchange it in 30 days or oh well or exchange it for something else and thats all ya get.
SHADY!

I am thinking that Verizon will continue to waive the restocking fee if it is out of Note 7s on the 30th.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Just received a txt message from VZW now. Said to return it "to the store you purchased it from" for an exchange or replacement.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am messaging Verizon about doing the exchange through customer service on the phone. I will let you know what the rep says.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This of course is not what I want to hear from Verizon. That said, I am not going to start fighting with Verizon now. I imagine I will surely get what I want from Verizon ... as I usually do. I want a coral blue Note and that is what I expect to get, and I want to wait until the big rush calms down.

<<<Janet, of course. We want this return process to be as easy as possible. Since you ordered your device online, you can ship that device back to us via FedEx. Do you still have the packaging and free FedEx shipping label that came with your phone? If so, you can ship it back to us with that label or print a free one from My Verizon: http://vz.to/1nvKlnG

In regards to replacing your device with a specific color, if that color isn't available, you have the option to choose a different device that is available. At this time, we have not been advised if there will be an extension beyond 09/30/2016. Right now, you have up until 09/30/2016 to retuen your device.>>

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21