Bad screen on time less than 3 hours... Help!

awediopj

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_20160903-224218.jpgScreenshot_20160903-224211.jpg

Hello!

My battery life for note 7 is horrid compared to iphone 6 plus.

I am getting about 3 hours of screen on time.

I am an average user and have brightness anywhere from 30-50%.

Is this likely a defective device? I know you cant tell for your but please let me know what you think!

Kevin Demers

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine hasn't been much better. At the end of a work day I'm typically sitting at ~45 minutes of screen on time and ~70% battery. If I use it a bit more in the afternoon, I tend to put it on the charger with ~1.5 Hrs SOT and ~50% battery life. Extrapolated out it is about 3 hours of SOT.

I haven't noticed any obvious issues. I've turned off more features than I would normally (I believe you should actually use the features on your phone). Iris scanning off, Always On Display is off, no Google Now, etc. WIth that said, all I have to go on is that my screen on time is usually mirrored by device awake time that I can't track to anything. E.G. when I am at 2 hours of Screen On Time, I probably have at 1-1.5 hours of Device held awake time - always by Android System/OS.

It has been frustratingly bad battery life compared to the likes of the iPhone 6s Plus. I feel that it is significantly worse than the S7 Edge - which was better, although still not at iPhone levels.