Hello Everyone,

I am coming to you for help with a problem that has me completely desperate, so I hope someone will have the answer.

I have a recently bought a factory unlocked galaxy Note 7, and like most smartphones today (including all iphones/ipads/ipods, for example), it has a regional volume limit that prevents me from listening to very loud music for health reasons. I just switched to samsung from apple, and on my iphone, there was a tweak that let me modify a system file in order to uncap the volume. Since everything that you can do on an iphone, you can do it twice faster and twice better on a samsung, I am sure this is possible too in my Note 7 too.
    But I do not not what file to look for, and what text to modify in that file. To be clear, what I am trying to do is to uncap the volume limit of the headphones when i am using spotify, or any other music app.

Could someone guide me on how to do this? I would be eternally grateful and I am sure it will help a lot of other people too. I don't have root on my phone cause it's not root able yet. If you know of any solution to listen to my music louder, such as new headphones, apps, etc... Please tell me. I Can't even listen To my audiobook in the street. Won't hear the voices.

Thank you very much in advance..
    Cheers,
    09-04-2016 10:12 AM
    If that tweak is possible, modifying the system file would require root so you may need to wait on that, if it ever comes for your specific variant.
    09-04-2016 10:30 AM
    Thanks for your answer. And beyond this tweak, any idea how to improve the sound in the headphones without root? Maybe buying better headphones than the stock ?
    09-04-2016 10:55 AM
    Thanks for your answer. And beyond this tweak, any idea how to improve the sound in the headphones without root? Maybe buying better headphones than the stock ?
    Rooting your Android, eh?
    Did you have to jailbreak the iPhone in order to do that?
    09-04-2016 11:19 AM
    Rooting your Android, eh?
    Did you have to jailbreak the iPhone in order to do that?
    Yes I did. I had to go into the system files, locate the line with the regional volume limit and change the value from 0.83 to 1
    I did the same on my note 4 and it worked but since I can't root my note 7 I'm looking for a new way to remove this stupid limit.

Am I the only one bothered by the volume being to low??
    09-04-2016 11:25 AM
    I honestly don't use stock headphones. The only exception is the headphones that came with my HTC One M9. I prefer other headphones, but all of mine are currently broken so I'm doing some comparison shopping before buying new ones. The HTC ones sound pretty good, and fit much better than the stock Samsung headphones.
    09-04-2016 11:27 AM
    Yes I did. I had to go into the system files, locate the line with the regional volume limit and change the value from 0.83 to 1
    I did the same on my note 4 and it worked but since I can't root my note 7 I'm looking for a new way to remove this stupid limit.

Am I the only one bothered by the volume being to low??
    It'd be nice if it went a little louder, but I'm not extremely bothered by it. The thing that annoys me more is getting that stupid warning every time I go over a certain volume. I get it the first time, but there should be a way to not show it again.
    09-04-2016 11:29 AM
    It'd be nice if it went a little louder, but I'm not extremely bothered by it. The thing that annoys me more is getting that stupid warning every time I go over a certain volume. I get it the first time, but there should be a way to not show it again.
    There's a tweak to remove it permanently but you need to have root. If not you'll have to deal with it. It will come back after every reboot but as long as you don't reboot you shouldn't see it.

I'm looking now at the icon x hoping they might give me better sound. Honestly when I go work out and the music is so low I'm having a hard time finding motivation.
    09-04-2016 11:45 AM
    09-04-2016 04:39 PM