How long will it be until the Note 7 is available for sale again?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't want an edge. The Note 7 having a smaller edge is acceptable to me. Barely. But even with Jump I'll stick to the Note series. Maybe by the end of September new customers can purchase them.

Well one thing I notice, on the always on screen, the side swipe actions for the ticker is MUCH easier for me at least on the Edge than the Note 7 which took multiple swipes due to the smaller edges.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I expect the stores will hold on to stock for at least the first week to provide immediate replacements. I.e. if you're looking to buy and you're not on a reserve list or with a loaner, then you'll most likely have to wait to purchase.

... which, let's face it, is probably the best thing anyone can do. This phone is plagued with problems.

I will read this forum with interest and first see how those with exchanges fare!

If, after a couple of months (and updates) those things function as supposed to ... I get one 😆.

Mind, by that time there will be more details about the S8, which, after this fiasco, will have to be the show boat for Samsung.

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
Cnet.com is reporting "If you're a Galaxy Note 7 owner, you're in luck -- finally. You'll be able to get your replacement within the next week.
Samsung on Thursday said new Note 7 replacement devices will be available in the US at most retail locations no later than Sept. 21.

https://www.cnet.com/news/samsung-galaxy-note-7-owners-can-get-replacement-device-by-september-21/

Well, to go back on the topic, Samsung Romania just confirmed the date of 19th of September. They said that people who already have the phone can go to replace it and the ones who preordered the phone and are still waiting for it *me*, the same date applies. So, two weeks from now we'll be seeing the Note7 again in the stocks ready to rise *again* and shine. Hopefully this time without any hardware/software problems *fingers crossed*. Although I hardly believe they could afford any more bugs, from both the financial and reputation point of view.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
... which, let's face it, is probably the best thing anyone can do. This phone is plagued with problems.

I will read this forum with interest and first see how those with exchanges fare!

If, after a couple of months (and updates) those things function as supposed to ... I get one 😆.

Mind, by that time there will be more details about the S8, which, after this fiasco, will have to be the show boat for Samsung.
The time that I had the phone.. it was a fantastic device. To be honest - it was one of the best phones I've had the opportunity to use and I seriously considered keeping it until the replacement came.

The only issue I had with my phone was that the battery lost its charge (with near full charge). It never charged correctly after that. Two days later they announced the recall. When it lost its charge a second time and reports started coming in of exploding devices, I got the loaner.

Obviously if there are any issues with the battery on the replacement device I'll be returning it.

I actually think that the new phone will probably get near the same amount of battery performance as this S7e loaner I have.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know if we have to bring back the note 7 box/charger/adapters or just the phone when we exchange? Will we be getting brand new, in the box phones?
If you have all that just bring it and save yourself all the aggregation.
I just chatted online with a VZW rep...and not that I believe this, but he told me that the Note 7's wouldn't available in VZW corporate stores until September 30th for replacements.

So, I said - "but we only have until September 30th to exchange without having to pay the restock fee, right?" and he said yes. So, I said "Do you mean to tell me that the new phones won't be in until 9/30 and we only have until 9/30 to exchange, meaning that EVERY one of us with an older Note 7 are supposed to rush into the VZW store ON September 30th to swap?" His answer was that I could exchange for something else in the meantime and then come after 9/30 to exchange for the new Note 7.

Again, I don't believe it. That's ludicrous.

Readerz9

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Contacted a Samsung rep and she said that even if you never ordered a note 7, you can still purchase one of the replacements starting September 21st. -Just in case any new buyers were wondering when they could purchase one.

Also, I've heard that some people already got their's?? Did any of you get your replacement yet? All I've heard is that they should start coming in stock on Monday.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
For sale again @ Sprint.com & store has replacements not sure about store sales

When I checked there are 2 stores nearby with immediate availability in store There's an instant discount of $120 for port ins. i'm in CA. Available to the general public, apparently.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
That's for South Korea.
USA is the 21st. Or earlier if you're lucky and the store doesn't know. A few have their replacements all ready Note 7: I got my replacement! Thread - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
Not sure about other places.

Note 7s are going on sale again on 9/21? I thought that is the date we can swap bad ones for good ones at carrier stores, right? Did I miss something? People got their repacements already, but no one actually bought new ones yet, right?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Note 7s are going on sale again on 9/21? I thought that is the date we can swap bad ones for good ones at carrier stores, right? Did I miss something?

Edited my post. Yes the swap is happening that day. But not everyone is going to swap. Some went to the iPhone, some like the Edge better, one went back to his Note 5 and doesn't think he will go back to a 7, others are waiting to see how the replacements work out, etc.

Stores won't hold inventory for a week waiting for someone to decide.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I've spoken with sales people at brick and mortar stores and I've spoken with T-Mobile reps on line. So far the score is

2 say I can buy a new Note 7 on the 21st, that they're shipping more than just replacement Note 7's.

1 said I won't be able to buy a Note 7 until sometime in October.

For the record, the T-Mobile rep on the phone said I could buy 1 the day the store have them in stock. That they're shipping more than just replacements.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Realistically, stores cannot guess how many people will come to THEIR store asking for a replacement and hold their stock forever. You bought at one BB you can go to the nearest BB to replace when available. Same for carrier stores. Previous posts say 2 say he can buy a new Note 7... those two guys are gonna sell a new Note 7 if they get the chance... they may allocate some for recall only but if they run out of stock for original owners... they are gonna tell them they ran out replacing them and waiting on next order.

Readerz9

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Realistically, stores cannot guess how many people will come to THEIR store asking for a replacement and hold their stock forever. You bought at one BB you can go to the nearest BB to replace when available. Same for carrier stores. Previous posts say 2 say he can buy a new Note 7... those two guys are gonna sell a new Note 7 if they get the chance... they may allocate some for recall only but if they run out of stock for original owners... they are gonna tell them they ran out replacing them and waiting on next order.

-Couldn't have said it better.

Readerz9

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
A lot of people have argued that they won't start releasing it to the general public till October, but from a business stand point, that seems very unrealistic. First come first serve, right? (Of course I do think they will save a couple for replacements). And I mean they do get new shipments weekly, so it's not a big deal.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
A lot of people have argued that they won't start releasing it to the general public till October, but from a business stand point, that seems very unrealistic. First come first serve, right? (Of course I do think they will save a couple for replacements). And I mean they do get new shipments weekly, so it's not a big deal.

Also, go to the stores that area telling people to keep their Note 7 and exchange if you get a scratch (or blows up). They will be selling to anyone.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=725481

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7