09-08-2016 11:12 AM
97 1234
tools
    I'm not too worried about it. My N7 is working fine... doesn't heat up during charging if I turn off fast charge (still charges pretty fast).

When replacements are available, I'll definitely get mine... but I'm 99% sure my current N7 will never catch fire.
    09-06-2016 02:22 PM
    Fantastic article, thanks for sharing!
    09-06-2016 02:43 PM
    I'm not too worried about it. My N7 is working fine... doesn't heat up during charging if I turn off fast charge (still charges pretty fast).

When replacements are available, I'll definitely get mine... but I'm 99% sure my current N7 will never catch fire.
    Exactly how I'm feeling too
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-06-2016 02:47 PM
    This. This is what I am tired of. These lame jokes (no disrespect to this poster).

I have read some really vile jokes involving the Note 7 and ISIS which, IMO, is inexcusable and not funny.

If you bothered to read it you will see its the alternatives section on mr, believe me they are pro Samsung/Android in there.

...and you used Macrumors, one of the largest pro-Apple sites, to prove your point? There is no bias at all. /s

You are so right! Apple has an amazing ability to get its followers (I do not call them isheep or consumers, but followers) to believe what they want them to believe. For an example, remember the whole "You're holding it wrong" fiasco. Talk about arrogance! LOL

Anyway, I know that me and my husband are both keeping (and exchanging) our Note 7s because we really like them a lot.
    09-06-2016 06:14 PM
    Not only that but the S7 has rumors of overheating and the Note 5 has an issue with the power saving mode and the internet not working, at least thats what Tmobile said.
    09-06-2016 06:23 PM
    Define "plenty of people". Do you mean the three dozen phone geeks who frequent sites like this? Or do you mean their parents, friends, and neighbors?

I didn't know about it at all before seeing this thread. That's probably because I don't use or care about Samsung products in general.

Don't confuse your tiny microworld with the real world.
    The news appeared on the mainstream news in my country also. It's the first time I saw phone issue being reported in mainstream news here. I will say it will be etched in people's mind for a while.
    09-06-2016 06:53 PM
    The news appeared on the mainstream news in my country also. It's the first time I saw phone issue being reported in mainstream news here. I will say it will be etched in people's mind for a while.
    The Samsung Active issue was reported in your mainstream news?
    09-06-2016 07:39 PM
    Not only that but the S7 has rumors of overheating and the Note 5 has an issue with the power saving mode and the internet not working, at least thats what Tmobile said.
    Hahaha, funny stuff.. I had the Note 5 for a year and a half and S7 Edge since release day and neither had any of those issues. Not sure if the T-Mobile person was trying to lessen the pain or incur new pain Samsung's way??
    It is a shame though, I am sure the Note 7 had a great future ahead but rebounding from this will have to wait for the Note 8..
    09-06-2016 07:56 PM
    Seriously at the end of the day it only matters what I think. I like the phone and when they start selling them again I'm going to purchase another one. The end.
    Jona005, Connert, ajb1965 and 2 others like this.
    09-06-2016 10:21 PM
    Seriously at the end of the day it only matters what I think. I like the phone and when they start selling them again I'm going to purchase another one. The end.
    The Note 7 is a remarkable phone, by any definition.

Whether one is attracted to the phone is a matter of past product loyalties, usage needs and the ever present temporal desires the market participants.

For me, this is it. The Note 7 presents an overwhelming array of goodness. There are few, if any, phones currently or soon to arrive on the market that can match the overall features of this phone.
    Jona005 and msndrstood like this.
    09-06-2016 11:28 PM
    LOL No it won't. It's a news cycle story. If Samsung fixes the problem it will be as yesterday's news as bendgate.
    queenren likes this.
    09-06-2016 11:36 PM
    No. Then they blow up. The end.

Lol
    09-07-2016 07:42 AM
    Apple is so far behind the times with there Boring phones!.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-07-2016 10:14 AM
    This is a minor bump in the road for Samsung.

So far I love my Note 7. I enjoyed the better processor and battery life in the Note 5, but I will say this.

I MISSED THE EXTERNAL MEMORY

I maxed out the 32GB Note 5 very fast.

As for the Note 7 my favorites features are

• Secure Folder
    • Water Resistance
    • Blue Filter @ nite
    • Expandible Memory
    • Wireless Charging
    • Camera
    • Make a Animated GIF out of anything

My Rinke Fusion case arrived yesterday. I will be using the template and making my own back covers. I had the same case on the Note 5.

I am a happy camper!

As for the recall. I appreciate that Samsung did not delay, they have been very straight forward. And my carrier T-Mobile. I was given the choice to come to the store and swap for another phone or be put on a list for when the replacement Note 7's arrive.

I did the latter.
    09-07-2016 03:03 PM
    This is a minor bump in the road for Samsung.

So far I love my Note 7. I enjoyed the better processor and battery life in the Note 5, but I will say this.

I MISSED THE EXTERNAL MEMORY

I maxed out the 32GB Note 5 very fast.

As for the Note 7 my favorites features are

• Secure Folder
    • Water Resistance
    • Blue Filter @ nite
    • Expandible Memory
    • Wireless Charging
    • Camera
    • Make a Animated GIF out of anything

My Rinke Fusion case arrived yesterday. I will be using the template and making my own back covers. I had the same case on the Note 5.

I am a happy camper!

As for the recall. I appreciate that Samsung did not delay, they have been very straight forward. And my carrier T-Mobile. I was given the choice to come to the store and swap for another phone or be put on a list for when the replacement Note 7's arrive.

I did the latter.
    I signed up for the list too from Tmobile for the Note 7 and said I would be notified when Tmobile gets them. I have not heard anything yet. Anyone have any intel? Seeing claims that Sprint will have them this week.
    09-07-2016 03:14 PM
    What drives me crazy about Samsung, is that here they are finding a defect in their devices, and the idiots straight up replace the defected units with brand new units. That just irks me to no end. How can a company freaking replace their devices for their customers with brand new items, and then sit there and feel like it's not going to spell the end for them!?

I will tell you this much, this whole recall thing has absolutely destroyed my positive opinion of Samsung as a company. I am still seething with rage at their arrogance throughout this deal. After the iPhone 7 announcement, i'm seriously considering going to the trustworthy company who will instruct me on how to hold my device to fix designer issues as opposed to arrogantly fixing the problem and replacing my device with a new device no questions asked.
    09-07-2016 03:15 PM
    Define "plenty of people". Do you mean the three dozen phone geeks who frequent sites like this? Or do you mean their parents, friends, and neighbors?

I didn't know about it at all before seeing this thread. That's probably because I don't use or care about Samsung products in general.

Don't confuse your tiny microworld with the real world.
    I can tell, especially since your posting in the Samsung forums.
    Easy Boys... come on now!
    09-07-2016 04:53 PM
    Easy Boys... come on now!
    Lol, he's entitled to his opinion. All is well over here.
    09-07-2016 04:54 PM
    What drives me crazy about Samsung, is that here they are finding a defect in their devices, and the idiots straight up replace the defected units with brand new units. That just irks me to no end. How can a company freaking replace their devices for their customers with brand new items, and then sit there and feel like it's not going to spell the end for them!?

I will tell you this much, this whole recall thing has absolutely destroyed my positive opinion of Samsung as a company. I am still seething with rage at their arrogance throughout this deal. After the iPhone 7 announcement, i'm seriously considering going to the trustworthy company who will instruct me on how to hold my device to fix designer issues as opposed to arrogantly fixing the problem and replacing my device with a new device no questions asked.
    I see what you did there
    09-07-2016 04:55 PM
    Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!
    09-07-2016 04:56 PM
    I see what you did there
    I wasn't sure if I did that right. I just wanted to fit in.
    09-07-2016 05:14 PM
    Stuff happens, at least Samsung is stepping up to the plate right away and not stalling or trying to blow it off... ask iPhone users who have the "touch-disease" how Apple is addressing the issue (crickets chirping). It's an inconvenience but a small one, I think if anything how quickly they addressed the issue will bold well for them and their reputation. I have quite a few Samsung products and never had an issue with any of them (Note 7 is running just fine, no heating up while charging and I've had it since the 18th) so I personally have no problem continuing to purchase their products.
    09-07-2016 05:35 PM
    Honestly their timing was good. If your gonna have a phone mess up do it early enough before other releases that there isn't much to choose from to replace it. If the new LG or even the new iPhone was at the store right now, I might be tempted to trade out. Only because the more I read on these forums and the Internet, the more I worry. It's my nature. But I have to hang in there because that screen is just toooooo NICE! Such a great phone. I'll just keep taking precautions and hoping it will last until the new ones are here.
    09-07-2016 06:43 PM
    Honestly their timing was good. If your gonna have a phone mess up do it early enough before other releases that there isn't much to choose from to replace it. If the new LG or even the new iPhone was at the store right now, I might be tempted to trade out. Only because the more I read on these forums and the Internet, the more I worry. It's my nature. But I have to hang in there because that screen is just toooooo NICE! Such a great phone. I'll just keep taking precautions and hoping it will last until the new ones are here.
    But such a big mess-up right at the start of the launch is going to turn away many potential buyers. Had it happened later, users might truly appreciate how good Note 7 is and decided to still keep it after exchange.
    09-07-2016 06:49 PM
    I disagree. If it happened later we wouldn't sit around waiting for new notes. We would probably trade for the new LG or something like that and maybe go back to the note next year when it's all fixed. We still won't know for sure if it's fixed until we get them and try them. I bet the preorders will be a lot less on the next note.
    1213 1213 likes this.
    09-07-2016 07:07 PM
97 1234