09-08-2016 11:12 AM
97 ... 234
tools
    I stick with my background in batteries that IF it is the cell itself, it would have exhibited failure traits like low battery life, heat, or already fried within several charges. The only way it could go sudden death later is if the power bridge from port to battery is the problem. Even then it would not hang tough after a weeks charges.

Still exchanging mine, but not dwelling on the boom while waiting.
    anon(782252) and jgraves1107 like this.
    09-07-2016 07:22 PM
    I stick with my background in batteries that IF it is the cell itself, it would have exhibited failure traits like low battery life, heat, or already fried within several charges. The only way it could go sudden death later is if the power bridge from port to battery is the problem. Even then it would not hang tough after a weeks charges.
    Thanks for that bit of reassurance to quell the building paranoia. So what exactly is your background with batteries?
    09-07-2016 07:41 PM
    Mod note: Friendly reminder to discuss the topic and not the people in the thread. Thank you
    09-07-2016 07:52 PM
    I'm over all the doom And gloom. This is still.my favorite handset, even in the short time I've owned it. What a beautiful piece of glass and metal
    09-07-2016 07:53 PM
    Yep not paying attention to all that. No issues with mine and its still a far better choice than the Iphone 7. Recall and all.
    jimd1050 and dstrauss like this.
    09-07-2016 08:39 PM
    I'm so over the gloom and doom, especially on these forums because it started before people even received their phones. I've been a member for a couple of years and don't ever recall a device specific forum so wound up lol.

I'm exchanging mine like for like when the replacements are available. I like this phone a lot and am not interested in anything else anymore.
    09-07-2016 08:47 PM
    I'm so over the gloom and doom, especially on these forums because it started before people even received their phones. I've been a member for a couple of years and don't ever recall a device specific forum so wound up lol.

I'm exchanging mine like for like when the replacements are available. I like this phone a lot and am not interested in anything else anymore.
    Haha trust me. This isn't new .
    ajb1965 and toenail_flicker like this.
    09-07-2016 08:50 PM
    Thanks for that bit of reassurance to quell the building paranoia. So what exactly is your background with batteries?
    Worked in quality control and production supervision and control for Exide Battery.
    09-07-2016 10:20 PM
    The news appeared on the mainstream news in my country also. It's the first time I saw phone issue being reported in mainstream news here. I will say it will be etched in people's mind for a while.
    And iPhone is the only phone that can get into our mainstream news when it launch a new phone. That's how popular it is over other phones here lol
    09-08-2016 05:44 AM
    There is no such thing as bad publicity. The Note 7 is the most talked about subject this whole past week. How they decided to handle the situation was great. Samsung has the whole world watching them. If everything goes smoothly with the replacements and future devices, I have a feeling their popularity will only rise.
    09-08-2016 06:07 AM
    I just wish ppl and the news would stop saying they "EXPLODE", adding to the hysteria over this.
    Jona005, lanenubia and nonie like this.
    09-08-2016 06:18 AM
    There is no such thing as bad publicity. The Note 7 is the most talked about subject this whole past week. How they decided to handle the situation was great. Samsung has the whole world watching them. If everything goes smoothly with the replacements and future devices, I have a feeling their popularity will only rise.
    I dun know but everyone around me only has bad things to say of Note 7/Samsung now, no one ever talks about how they handle the issue. Probably only Samsung diehard fans will still consider it.
    nonie likes this.
    09-08-2016 06:19 AM
    I dun know but everyone around me only has bad things to say of Note 7/Samsung now, no one ever talks about how they handle the issue. Probably only Samsung diehard fans will still consider it.
    It's the popular thing to do atm. I've said before if Samsung puts out a few clever commercials the mass public will eat it up. It really depends on how Samsung handles it.
    09-08-2016 06:28 AM
    I don't think it's overblown at all. Those dang phones are potentially killer devices.
    09-08-2016 06:49 AM
    Yes, I'm sick of it. My Note7 arrived the same day Samsung announced halting shipments (Aug 31) and then 2 days later, it was recalled. This was after I kept making comments about how long mine was taking to get here despite my pre-order. You'd think I'd be steaming mad, but on the contrary I'm pleased that Samsung acted quickly. Meanwhile some of us are ready to go to Ridgefield Park, NJ to burn the building down.

The fact that this happened doesn't change the fact that just about all reviews called this the best phone out there, and certainly Samsung's best smartphone. The iPhone fan club will have their chance to poke fun all they want, but it's all good. At the end of the day, they're still stuck with iOS. At least DJ Koh didn't come out and say "don't charge it that way."
    I couldn't agree more... I love the Note 7 so much, that even though I have already had some overheating problems, I'm not willing to take anything less than a "less explosion-prone" Note 7, and continue to use mine. I'm just careful, and have installed a battery temp app that will monitor and shut things down. So yes, the phone is so great that many of us are continuing to use ours; the proverbial "exploding kitten" if you will... :-)
    09-08-2016 09:32 AM
    I couldn't agree more... I love the Note 7 so much, that even though I have already had some overheating problems, I'm not willing to take anything less than a "less explosion-prone" Note 7, and continue to use mine. I'm just careful, and have installed a battery temp app that will monitor and shut things down. So yes, the phone is so great that many of us are continuing to use ours; the proverbial "exploding kitten" if you will... :-)
    Two questions...

At what temp should we be concerned, as far as battery goes?
    Which app did you use?

I use CPU ID but it doesn't have an alert option, as far as I can tell.
    09-08-2016 10:16 AM
    And has it shut things down?
    How can we be sure, that will solve things?
    Just wondering. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    09-08-2016 10:18 AM
    As I've said before, total newbie to Android and Samsung (iPhone user for nine years, Blackberry and Treo before that) and tired of the tech journalism hysterics (no, cancel that, tech journalism shilling for Apple in the guise of "reporting facts"). We are waiting out AT&T getting its act together to do direct replacement. This is not just a Pen version of the S7 Edge - it is a totally different experience, so nothing but a GN7 will do.

PSA - DON'T BELIEVE YOUR LOCAL AT&T SALES FOLKS when they tell you it will be two months, if ever, before they get replacement stock. I have had all four local stores tell me that BS, followed by "and of course, you know the iPhone 7 goes on sale Friday with 9/16 delivery." I called teh 800-SAMSUNG number three different times, got three different reps, and they all said the same thing - replacement phones will be in the AT&T stores within ten days of Labor Day (in other words, by 9/15). We'll see which one is correct shortly.

What is really galling me about AT&T (at least locally) is they REFUSE to start a waiting list for replacments, and won't agree to call you when they come in - you just have to keep going back to the store because they won't answer phones locally.
    09-08-2016 10:38 AM

Still exchanging mine, but not dwelling on the boom while waiting.
    Well I saw someone else's post with a dip in the battery monitor in settings. Did not even think about looking at that for signs. I agree that if the battery is prone to failure I would think several charges and direct sunlight on a gas tank while riding my Harley would have fried this thing. Still gonna swap and still gonna stick to Samsung.
    09-08-2016 10:43 AM
    I am att user also. I'm talking to att rep, that sold me the phone. She has said she will let me know as soon as they have stock.
    I didn't ask if had a list. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    09-08-2016 10:45 AM
    I don't believe heat is the issue. I think they had something puncture the wrap that separates layers inside the battery. So a spark is all it takes. Heat would help but not so much as just that hole opening enough to let it short.
    09-08-2016 10:48 AM
    We are going to close this thread down instead of having multiple threads open with different thread titles but all discussing the same topic pretty much (the battery issue with the Note 7). You can still discuss this issue but please use the main thread below. We don't need a new thread for each story / news article / things of that nature as it really clutters up the forum with the same topic spread out across these threads.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...sion-here.html

Thanks.
    09-08-2016 11:12 AM
97 ... 234