Running Strong

Kriegripper

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Now I know that everyone is going to say to return the phone Yada Yada, but in the mist of all of the news of the recall, Ive been using my N7 since day 1 and I still haven't returned it and I don't know if I want to either, I have been charging it normally and haven't had any overheating issues even when leaving it on the charger for a substantial amount of time after its been fully charged and I feel like there's no need for a return, if your trying to say that every single n7 samsung has shipped out is a dud then I don't know what life is lol. That's just my 2 cents. And I know it's a risk but it's one I'm willing to take

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mines running strong to.. So were those before their battery went south.

I'm exchanging. I see no harm in swapping it out for free. No reason to take the chance.

Kriegripper

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Totally get what your saying, I'm all for exchanging but I don't want to deal with all of that temp phone issues. If I could just be notified when I can walk in and exchange it than I definitely would.

Sleepwlkr45

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine is fine and I hate the idea of switching, but I'm hard on batteries and the wife will kill me if I burn her house down, so....but I'm not interested in the s7s so I'm gonna hold out till I can walk in and walk out with another blue note 7...

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Now I know that everyone is going to say to return the phone Yada Yada, but in the mist of all of the news of the recall, Ive been using my N7 since day 1 and I still haven't returned it and I don't know if I want to either, I have been charging it normally and haven't had any overheating issues even when leaving it on the charger for a substantial amount of time after its been fully charged and I feel like there's no need for a return, if your trying to say that every single n7 samsung has shipped out is a dud then I don't know what life is lol. That's just my 2 cents. And I know it's a risk but it's one I'm willing to take

Samsung wants every phone back for a reason. They are NOT willing to take a risk. Now that the recall has been issued and there is widespread coverage of the issue, the longer people keep the device, the less Samsung is liable for failure and damage caused by the device.

Why would you take an unnecessary risk? If you purchased a food product that might have e. coli or a vehicle with a potentially faulty restraint system wouldn't you want to protect yourself? This was never about inconvenience, but safety.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Totally get what your saying, I'm all for exchanging but I don't want to deal with all of that temp phone issues. If I could just be notified when I can walk in and exchange it than I definitely would.
Depends on carrier. T-Mobile will notify me once avaliable... I'll go in and swap. Till then I'll use my phone.

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine was running strong.

Yesterday was my first real scare. It got up to 100 degrees plugged in the standard charger. First time it got that hot for me, even plugged in. It usually however anywhere from 83-90 when charging .

That was enough of a scare for me to completely turn it off as of today. Borrowing a Z Force from a friend and will not be turning my Note on until it's ready to be swapped.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

Wow. This nuts having this attitude and really can be dangerous. Samsung is making a conscious decision to protect our welfare and make sure we stay safe. An inconvenience that will end up with a great outcome ...not having a potentially defective dangerous phone due to battery.
You are putting yourself at risk.. It could very well be OK but Samsung is asking all Note 7's sold traded out. You will be held accountable if something happens. And you won't be able to seek financial reimbursement because you won't have a legal leg to stand on.
You should be mature and forthcoming and swap it out. Your attitude is higher than thou and quite glib. It is far better to be safe than sorry.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah just turn it in and get a fresh device and fresh accessories... There's no downside here.... You will literally risk getting severely burnt because you don't wanna redownload apps and re-enter some passwords... Seems kinda silly

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Over the years I have transported tens of thousands of pounds of lithium, magnesium, Class 1 explosives, and nuclear fuel rods and some other dangerous items via truck. I am well aware the dangers lithium can pose. This whole recall is bigger than necessary because Samsung does not have records of which batteries from which factory went into which phone. Sure, I can see there may be some defective batteries that went into some phones. I just do not believe that every phone or even a sizable amount of phones has defective batteries in them presently.

When a food manufacturer does a recall because a food item was/is contaminated, they know the exact lot numbers effected and can target the recall to the actual product that is bad, versus causing a mass panic among people who really were not effected at all.

Samsung needs to get the CPSC involved and do an actual recall, not one where every person is being given a different answer by a different fool working at a carrier store and/or customer service call center. I have been away this week and do not even have my Note 7 with me to use. It works better using my iPhone and call my kids iPad or iPhone directly. By the time I get home this Friday maybe more of this recall will be smoothed out.

It will take a while for Samsung to get all these phones back to them since there are restrictions on shipping damaged or recalled lithium batteries via air.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
If you keep it, and it burns your house down in 8 mos, then it's on YOU. If you exchange it, and it burns your house fown in 8 mos, it's on samsung...

Seems like an obvious choice to me....

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
"If if's and but's were candy and nuts, I would be Willy Wonka"!

The pharmaceutical companys must love this type of paranoia! If a "possible" battery problem scares people this much, certainly don't ever buy a Tesla.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I will follow Samsung's direction as I don't want to take responsibility if it catches on fire and kills someone. I also don't charge it overnight. Since Samsung hasn't issued a stop use recommendation, only a recommendation to exchange the phone then that is exactly what I will do... Exchange it when there is a replacement.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I have no issue with the trouble and time to exchange and set up the phone. My only concern now is my unit is almost perfect to me, no reboot issue, no lag, no spen issue. And I'm afraid my replacement will not be as good.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
"If if's and but's were candy and nuts, I would be Willy Wonka"!

The pharmaceutical companys must love this type of paranoia! If a "possible" battery problem scares people this much, certainly don't ever buy a Tesla.

Yeah, exactly...

This is nothing new as far as li and lipo batteries are concerned....

I use an ecig, and I am far more concerned about those batteries running away, than I am my cell phone.

That being said... I'm not all that concerned...

It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen when you are storing so much juice, in such a small package...

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, exactly...

This is nothing new as far as li and lipo batteries are concerned....

I use an ecig, and I am far more concerned about those batteries running away, than I am my cell phone.

That being said... I'm not all that concerned...

It's a rare occurrence, but it does happen when you are storing so much juice, in such a small package...

I have played around with ecigs too. Not worried one will suddenly catch on fire. Too many other things in life to be concerned with. I sleep peacefully at night! :)

As for the Note 7, yes, I will exchange it when new stock is available. Not because I am concerned for the Note 7 I have, currently sitting at home 1400 miles away, but rather for the impact it may have on any warranty claim or resale value down the road. I am sure potential buyers on Swappa and such will be wanting a Note 7 with a manufactured date later than the recall so they do not feel they are buying a defective device.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I am sorry, but I can't disagree strongly enough. Firstly, Samsung is telling everyone to replace their phones. Secondly, you potentially make Samsung unnecessarily look bad if something goes wrong later down the line.

Can you imagine a couple of months pass and there are more phones frying up because people didn't do what Samsung said and kept their original phones. You don't have a clue if it will be your phone next to melt.

I cannot believe all the people posting saying they are keeping their phones. You are putting yourself at risk and potentially helping to further damage the reputation of Samsung if any of these original batch phones fry up later. Even a single phone 2 months later will be a major headline. The media won't care if it was because it was an original batch phone that someone refused to replace.

mru007

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Obviously not all the Note 7 units are faulty, but if you are getting a replacement for free, why not go for it, just to be on the safer side ?
Better to be safe than sorry ;)

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Samsung wants every phone back for a reason. They are NOT willing to take a risk. Now that the recall has been issued and there is widespread coverage of the issue, the longer people keep the device, the less Samsung is liable for failure and damage caused by the device.

Why would you take an unnecessary risk? If you purchased a food product that might have e. coli or a vehicle with a potentially faulty restraint system wouldn't you want to protect yourself? This was never about inconvenience, but safety.

I am not saying that I won't replace my phone or that it is not a good idea to replace my phone but until Samsung or Verizon sends me a certified letter to STOP using my phone, Samsung is still labile if my phone blows up under normal conditions. The buck still stops at Samsung.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Mines is running great since the first minute I've owned it on release day to this very moment as I'm typing this post.

However I'll be at my local ATT this morning returning it since I have my Edge+ as a backup. I'll simply and patiently wait for the replacements to come in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781