How the Note 7 recall came to be..

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I very seriously doubt that. You don't find that in Asian companies much, seriously. These execs commit suicide from shame over something happening that is out of their control.

Samsung won't even name the battery cell maker, though most know who it most likely is. They say they accept the responsibility and will not put the other company out there.

I have lived in Asia for a while, more than once. You see very different things in Asian countries with most businesses.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't think we will see it with the Samsung exec, they are taking care of the issue.

Now if you said that about some US companies, then I would agree with much of that.

In Asian countries though, shame is a big thing, very big, especially in their own country. In the US shame isn't such a big thing here anymore.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Possibly so... I hope so. Would make me feel better, but not much...

Maybe I'm just a bit jaded (yeah, I'm a lot jaded) but it just seems too seamless...

Great on them for making the right decision (which a lot of other corps wouldn't have so soon) but it is a bit uncanny how quick all of this has moved along....

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Possibly so... I hope so. Would make me feel better, but not much...

Maybe I'm just a bit jaded (yeah, I'm a lot jaded) but it just seems too seamless...

Great on them for making the right decision (which a lot of other corps wouldn't have so soon) but it is a bit uncanny how quick all of this has moved along....
It has only moved along so quickly because they decided to do it this quickly.

There are people that pre-ordered that got their phone 8 to 10 days after the manufacture date.

They also started manufacturing the corrected one last week before the recall was announced. Having a phone made in Asia and in your hand on 8 days.. Happens more than people realize. They have boxes of parts to be assembled, phones are out together daily. New batteries had to be made and that isn't going to take long at all. They aren't starting from scratch.

Wasn't it one of the Nexus phones that you could choose your colors? Those phones were made to order and in the hands of customers in 72 hours. They only had to be put together.

Same here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20