09-06-2016 08:06 PM
110 1234 ...
tools
    No they don't just stop making it.

The phone being a Note has zero to do with this. It could have easily been another phone.

The Note is much better selling that the 's line of phones.
    Really? I always thought that the Galaxy S line was the volume seller.
    Bosbouer and wirelessgal like this.
    09-05-2016 12:56 AM
    No..many went with the Note for the big screen.

The S6 Plus did well because many previous Note people didn't want a sealed battery and no SD card and the S6 Plus was the same but cheaper. No need for a Note for a big screen.

Then the no release of the Note in the UK last year, the S6 Plus sold well. This year the S7 sold well, it was a big screen again. But.. The Note 7 already outsold it during the pre-release. Even in South Korea the Note doubled the sales of the S7.

Now with the S line having a big screen, it will likely sell more. No reason to spend that money for an spen if you don't use it.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-05-2016 01:01 AM
    That's what I always heard each year that the S was the big seller.
    Bosbouer likes this.
    09-05-2016 01:01 AM
    No..many went with the Note for the bug screen.

The S6 Plus did well because many previous Note people didn't want a sealed battery and no SD card and the S6 Plus was the same but cheaper. No need for a Note for a big screen.

Then the no release of the Note in the UK last year, the S6 Plus sold well. This year the S7 sold well, it was a big screen again. But.. The Note 7 already outsold it during the pre-release. Even in South Korea the Note doubled the sales of the S7.
    As far as T-Mobile goes, the S7 and S& edge were sold out of almost every color off and on for a few weeks. As for the Note 7, only the blue color was sold out during the pre-sale and during the week after, all colors were available every day every time I checked which was several times a day.
    09-05-2016 01:03 AM
    As far as T-Mobile goes, the S7 and S& edge were sold out of almost every color off and on for a few weeks. As for the Note 7, only the blue color was sold out during the pre-sale and during the week after, all colors were available every day every time I checked which was several times a day.
    I haven't been able to find a TMO Note 7 here, among 15 stores in a 30 mile radius, for over a week. They were sold out days before last Sunday.

Notes have been the staple device, but a lot of Note owners have also owned the S device.

The larger the screens have gotten the more will go to the S line, the spen is a lot extra for people that don't use it.

Notes have been the special line, they were on target for 12-14 million sold this year.

The Note 5 sales were bad, but like I said, many things contributed to that, a large screen for the S6 Plus and Note 4 people refusing to upgrade. I expect that trend to continue for people that aren't true Note fans but fans of the large screen.
    msndrstood and jimd1050 like this.
    09-05-2016 01:11 AM
    I haven't been able to find a TMO Note 7 here, among 15 stores in a 30 mile radius, for over a week. They were sold out days before last Sunday.

Notes have been the staple device, but a lot of Note owners have also owned the S device.

The larger the screens have gotten the more will go to the S line, the spen is a lot extra for people that don't use it.

Notes have been the special line, they were on target for 12-14 million sold this year.

The Note 5 sales were bad, but like u said, many things contributed to that, a large screen for the S6 Plus and Note 4 people refusing to upgrade. I expect that trend to continue for people that aren't true Note fans but fans of the large screen.
    I was talking about the online T-Mobile site. They have continuously showed as in stock since they officially went on sale after pre-order. Only the blue color would sell out and usually by the next day they were in stock again. If they were ordered online, it would have been easy to get one overnighted, I just decided a week ago that I was going to skip the Note this year.
    09-05-2016 01:14 AM
    I was talking about the online T-Mobile site. They have continuously showed as in stock since they officially went on sale after pre-order. Only the blue color would sell out and usually by the next day they were in stock again. If they were ordered online, it would have been easy to get one overnighted, I just decided a week ago that I was going to skip the Note this year.
    Oh.. Well even back with pre-orders, they pushed back the release dates of four countries because the pre-orders went above and beyond expectations and they expected a lot. They didn't even expect the huge sales on Korea, it was like 200K in 2 days, double that of the S7.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-05-2016 01:19 AM
    I think there will be more than we hear about.

Before the recall happened, we knew about four or five exploded phones. We found out that 35 had exploded in total when they announced the recall. So for every one we heard about, five more happened we didn't hear about.
    I would really like to see the facts you base this on. It would really help consumers in a decision about switching brands if statements like this can be substantiated.
    09-05-2016 01:22 AM
    I would really like to see the facts you base this on. It would really help consumers in a decision about switching brands if statements like this can be substantiated.
    Well I gave the facts. They made the announcement with the recall announcement. They told us the numbers.

What does that have to do with switching brands? People didn't make it public when their phone exploded.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-05-2016 01:59 AM
    Well I gave the facts. They made the announcement with the recall announcement. They told us the numbers.

What does that have to do with switching brands? People didn't make it public when their phone exploded.
    "So for every one we heard about, five more happened we didn't hear about." This statement.
    09-05-2016 02:10 AM
    Your statement sounds reasonable, but they'll assessed the Pros & Cons with
    its Marketing-Advisors and take in account the Economy cost..I could be
    wrong as Always "Sam-Gs7" But that remain to be seen: stay Tuned!
    To quote your original comment on how Apple only has one device to deal with.

That's not necessarily the case these days. The iPhone isn't just a single device anymore. It's a product line that spans 3 options and screen sizes.

The SE is the midrange option and also the smallest one at 4-inches. The standard model (iPhone 6, iPhone 6s/Also called non-Plus iPhones) is the mainstream option and is the middle-sized option at 4.7-inches. The iPhone Plus is the top-end model and also the largest at 5.5-inches.
    Sam_Gs7, TwitchyPuppy and libra89 like this.
    09-05-2016 02:30 AM
    "So for every one we heard about, five more happened we didn't hear about." This statement.
    Well there had been about 5 cases of exploded Notes that made the rounds and on Friday, Samsung told us they had investigated 35 cases.
    blackhemi4x4 and jimd1050 like this.
    09-05-2016 02:40 AM
    To quote your original comment on how Apple only has one device to deal with.

That's not necessarily the case these days. The iPhone isn't just a single device anymore. It's a product line that spans 3 options and screen sizes.

The SE is the midrange option and also the smallest one at 4-inches. The standard model (iPhone 6, iPhone 6s/Also called non-Plus iPhones) is the mainstream option and is the middle-sized option at 4.7-inches. The iPhone Plus is the top-end model and also the largest at 5.5-inches.
    I can't see how in the hell anyone can use a 4 inch screen. Even 4.7 way too small for me.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-05-2016 02:51 AM
    I can't see how in the hell anyone can use a 4 inch screen. Even 4.7 way too small for me.
    Preferences.

Some people can handle a 4-inch screen.

As for me, I can't go down to anything smaller than 5.2-inches.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-05-2016 03:22 AM

But still is only one iPhone in which the Worlds high Tech phone company
    concentrate all its efforts. Having said that I congratulate you for the organized

Way that you're handling this thread. I'd say to keep the amount of replies
    No more than 60-70..and open another is need to make sort of closing
    Statement on which points--The users find consensus and Close it
    09-05-2016 06:44 AM
    Samsung will be paying for more than just new phones.
    That is the reason Samsung wants to do the recall ASAP.
    09-05-2016 06:55 AM
    Samsung will be paying for more than just new phones.
    You've been warned and asked to return the phone. You are now using it at your own risk. You'd be lucky to get a loaner phone.
    09-05-2016 06:56 AM
    concentrate all its efforts. Having said that I congratulate you for the organized

Why no more than 60-70 replies before creating another thread? That'd flood the forum on copies of a topic, which would be easier to organize by keeping in one, single thread.
    09-05-2016 07:01 AM
    You've been warned and asked to return the phone. You are now using it at your own risk. You'd be lucky to get a loaner phone.
    Samsung hasn't warned anybody. They've initiated a recall and have said an option is to wait until new devices are available and switch out the phone.
    skatergirl and TomOfTx like this.
    09-05-2016 08:30 AM
    Samsung hasn't warned anybody. They've initiated a recall and have said an option is to wait until new devices are available and switch out the phone.
    You are correct and Verizon has gone as far as to say it is your choice 100 percent to even exchange it. Many mixed messages though the message has never been to shut off the phones immediately.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-05-2016 09:00 AM

Sorry we don't close threads for that reason. It's a discussion and there is no one right answer since everyone has different opinions.

In regards to your statement about Apple... Yes they made one phone (technically two) but that's because it's just them. Google makes Android and then has manufacturers who make various phones. Samsung makes different models since they have some models that benefit a certain crowd.. Like those who like the S-Pen. Just like Motorola has various devices as well.
    09-05-2016 09:32 AM
    You are correct and Verizon has gone as far as to say it is your choice 100 percent to even exchange it. Many mixed messages though the message has never been to shut off the phones immediately.
    Since 70% of the phones have the battery with the issue, although to be clear not 100% of those batteries are exploding, I'd be very careful if you continue to use it. I returned mine, the benefit to risk ratio wasn't worth it. I'll likely get it again once it's sorted out, and use my old iPhone till then. If you don't have a backup though, totally get why you're be in s bind.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-05-2016 09:33 AM
    While I am wholly encouraging everyone to do the recall, Samsung has said that the defective batteries account for 1:40,000. The chances of an American getting a serious injury from a motor vehicle accident is 1:140 a year...so those concerned about injury should also limit their driving to an absolute minimum(school, work) ...

Also per the Samsung release, no injuries have been reported, at least as of the release.

Just speaking for myself, I will be getting a replacement as soon as one is available, but will use it until then... Unless Samsung makes the recommendation to stop using the phone now.
    09-05-2016 09:39 AM
    Since 70% of the phones have the battery with the issue, although to be clear not 100% of those batteries are exploding, I'd be very careful if you continue to use it. I returned mine, the benefit to risk ratio wasn't worth it. I'll likely get it again once it's sorted out, and use my old iPhone till then. If you don't have a backup though, totally get why you're be in s bind.
    70% of the batteries were made by the manufacturer where the defective batteries came from... But overall only 24 in 1,000,000 were found to be defective, or approximately 1:40,000.

Of course if yours wasn't made by the Samsung subsidiary then you are in the clear. But even if yours is, the risk is still very low, even compared to getting injured in a motor vehicle accident
    TomOfTx likes this.
    09-05-2016 09:42 AM
    It is always everyone's choice to exchange the item here, this is the USA.

Now as one of our team members reminded me, while recall participation is voluntary, there can be consequences for not participating.

So if he got a recall notice for his car and have refused to take part, fine, but he can't register his car to drive there.

If people don't take part in the recall, there could things like no warranty, no insurance, etc.

The voluntary recall is about Samsung, not the consumer. It isn't an official recall, it is voluntary. Even with official recalls it is always up to the individual to participate or not, no one is coming to make them exchange their product.
    skatergirl likes this.
    09-05-2016 10:07 AM
110 1234 ...