Another Note7 has blown-up in Australia - Please stop using your phone ATM

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Can you imagine what would happen if when there are battery issues people decide to switch brands? Apple would have been dead. They had a very similar experience but contrary to what people are saying they took longer to deal with the overall issue.

People need to RELAX. Take your phone back. Just do it. Don't ask if you should. We are all adults. Take it back and get a loaner or just make a move to a different phone.

Switch to Apple if you want to. It'll be out next week.

I'm staying with the Note 7. This hasn't changed my mind about the phone. Samsung has recognized the issue and they are handling it. What else do you want them to do? Send a rep to everyone's homes and pick them up, give you a free car and then tell you to come get your new phone in 2 weeks?

They know what the issue is. They are fixing it. Kinda end of story for me.

Please no raining on my parade (read: newly sharpened pitchforks and all) with logical, rational, and well-thought out monologues.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't you be fooled by Verizon their is an loop hole. Verizon never said anything about a loaner phone. If yo are coming from a Note 4 and upgraded to the Note 7. If you return the Note 7 and take the S7 or any other phone that is an upgrade from the Note 4 or below. There will be a restocking fee. The only way their will be No restocking fee is if you bring in your Note 7 and get the replacement Note 7. So if the S7's are good for you then go ahead and do it. I am waiting for the Replacement Note 7's.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I wish that Samsung put a firm "Yes" or "No" on their US page, but here is what Samsung's US page has to say:
" Is it okay for me to continue using my Note7?
Because your safety is our utmost concern, we ask you to take advantage of the U.S. Product Exchange Program for Note7 owners in which we are offering Note7 customers the opportunity to exchange their device for a Galaxy S7, a Galaxy S7 edge or a new Note7 (as early as next week)."
Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program

I just hit up Samsung Canada's online support chat line, and here are the exact quotes from the Samsung chat rep:

"Chris: I was wondering if it was safe to use the Note 7 while waiting for a Note 7 replacement?
Ken: I see that you would like to know about Note 7 recall.
Ken: I will help you with the information.
Ken: You can use the device normally.
Chris: OK that is great. Thank-you"

I still wouldn't lol.
So yes, Samsung is telling people to use the phone.

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
:cool: As I said in the thread tilted "What Samsung should do to regain.."
What most factories do with the output of Faulty products, whether
is an Electronic gadget-Clothing-Food,.etc. Is Stop assembling
and discard the product totally to avoid spread the infection

Samsung should limit its models to SGs7:Gs7Edge & apply all its
Technology on them. Why Apple is successful they dealing just
with one-Model..Samsung eliminate totally Note7-From the
menu or face the consequences. Do am I right-Androids

The notes are better feature and functionality wise than both phones you even listed. IF they were even to do this, they'd scrap the other two for Note I believe. On a different aspect, the Note series is the only reason why I chose a samsung for my upgrade. Other than which, I'd avoid the brand completely.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
While Samsung (at least in the US) hasn't said anything about not using your Note7, I thought I recommend that people use a backup phone if they have one or a loaner if their carrier provides one.

I've got some SIM card adapters, so I'll be temporarily switching over to an LG G4 for the time being. It's going to be pretty lean, however, as I won't be using it for much.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I would be returning my N7 asap and use a loaner if my carrier provided one, but for those curious over on XDA a tool from Hong Kong Samsung supposedly lets you know if your phone has an affected battery:
Galaxy Note7 Checking | SAMSUNG 香港

You can toggle to english at the top-right. While the note at the bottom says its for HK versions only, I think that refers to the return policy only. BUT it could mean that only HK models are listed in that database.

Again, I would use this purely for curiosity-sake. If you can switch your phone's people you should do it.

Thanks. So there is a definite range of affected phones... Sort of explains why Vodacom SA pulled all their Note 7s off the shelves. Excpected reissue end September 2016

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
See this is the problem my network is saying I only have 2 more weeks to get the phone exchanged but they arnt getting any new phones till Oct so I can't swop mine and I don't want a different phone so looks like I'm stuck with this it's a joke not straight forward as it seems this in the UK how can they not change it if they don't have any phones till Oct ridiculous

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
See this is the problem my network is saying I only have 2 more weeks to get the phone exchanged but they arnt getting any new phones till Oct so I can't swop mine and I don't want a different phone so looks like I'm stuck with this it's a joke not straight forward as it seems this in the UK how can they not change it if they don't have any phones till Oct ridiculous
If the replacement phones don't arrive until October they should still replace your phone and update their timeframe accordingly.

Sam1482

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
That's what I said but they said I have 2 weeks left and they will not exchange it but I've just telephoned Samsung and they are replacing it for me but don't no how that will effect my phone insurance cause it's with my network provider

actionresult

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Note 7 starts selling here only in the end of September and I have preordered. Do you guys think they will have already "fixed" phones? Is there a way to check once I get my hands on one, by serial number or something like that?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
That's what I said but they said I have 2 weeks left and they will not exchange it but I've just telephoned Samsung and they are replacing it for me but don't no how that will effect my phone insurance cause it's with my network provider
You just need to update the IMEI info with the insurance and there shouldn't be an issue.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll continue to use mine until the recall is complete. Zero issues. I charge overnight using my Samsung wireless charging unit. If I need to too it off, I have various chargers that do the trick. This is the biggest bunch of nothing since Pia Zadora!

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Where will your Note 7 be when it fails?

The speculation about IF a Note 7 has a better chance of not burning up is crazy. Users are saying, "I'm keeping it off the charger at night," "I'm only charging 1 time per day" to all sorts of other things that might minimize the risk.

So instead of playing the numbers game which no one has a definitive answer to, ask yourself this.

Where will your Note 7 be when it fails?

In your pocket?
In your purse?
On your bed?
In your lap while driving?
In your loved ones hands?
On an airplane?
In your backpack during your commute?
In your Gear VR?

Sure, life is full of risks, but why take an unnecessary one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv