Sprint Note 7 software update available

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning to find there is a software update available on my Sprint Note 7. It says the update allows for Wi-Fi calling and it optimizes the battery performance. Even though I will be swapping it out hopefully by the end of the week, I still went ahead and started downloading it. It will be interesting to see if the replacement has this update waiting for it or if it will already have it installed.

Jonez8

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping that they included enhanced messaging like they have on the s7. I really love and use that feature and it sucks not to have it on the note 7 especially when all the other carriers have it on the note 7

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Woke up this morning to find there is a software update available on my Sprint Note 7. It says the update allows for Wi-Fi calling and it optimizes the battery performance. Even though I will be swapping it out hopefully by the end of the week, I still went ahead and started downloading it. It will be interesting to see if the replacement has this update waiting for it or if it will already have it installed.
Did it last night. Not sure if it's me or that I haven't cleared stuff yet, but I notice a bit of lag from it. Some things that were snappy before are not now. I don't think I'll take it right away on my new one.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Did it last night. Not sure if it's me or that I haven't cleared stuff yet, but I notice a bit of lag from it. Some things that were snappy before are not now. I don't think I'll take it right away on my new one.
You should always manually restart your phone after an update. Did you try that?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
You should always manually restart your phone after an update. Did you try that?
Thanks. I do know that. It was right before bed and didn't want to mess with it. I know I need to do a couple of things first to really know, but busy getting all my backups for the switch now and don't want to interrupt the process to reboot. Not using my device atm and would rather have my backups.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else have wifi calling before? I don't think I had it before. Not sure and haven't tested it, but did set it up.

Did what I needed to do and it is much smoother now. Haven't explored.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hijack.

Does Sprint's Note 7 work on other carriers once unlocked? How's the bloatware? Is the phone carrier branded?

I'm not pleased with T-Mobile and their coverage in some of the rural areas I sometimes travel to.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hijack.

Does Sprint's Note 7 work on other carriers once unlocked? How's the bloatware? Is the phone carrier branded?

I'm not pleased with T-Mobile and their coverage in some of the rural areas I sometimes travel to.

If it's the same as the Note 5, and it should be, once unlocked it can be used on all domestic carriers. Bloatware is minimal and what is there can be removed mostly. There is no carrier branding on the phone at all.