09-07-2016 08:38 PM
174 1234 ...
tools
    They definitely still have the box. It's a Demo. I have my demo box. What am I looking for?
    Just Manufactured in: Korea or China that should tell us a lot hopefully it's Korea... please?
    09-05-2016 04:34 PM
    I'm looking for a new Android phone with usb c that has confirmed wired usb c to hdmi picture and synced audio capability. Hoping the V20 will. G5 is a mixed bag. Most say it doesn't work. A couple of people say their converter works but I can't get an answer on high quality viewing of something like Netflix on my tv. Samsung never will so I'm looking at other brands. I loved my N7 but lose too many functions. Ir blaster and wired HDMI are things I really miss. LG seems to support wired hdmi. I don't know if Moto or any of the other premium brands do. I will never understand why Sammy went out of their way to disable wired USB C to HDMI.

Still if it weren't for this recall I would have kept my N7. It was a beauty.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-05-2016 04:38 PM
    Is it just me or has everyone I've seen pictures of been Coral Blue color?
    No all haven't been but the color is just a piece of cellophane under the glass.
    09-05-2016 04:42 PM
    Where the phone was made (system menu picture) doesn't tell you where the battery was made.
    Kelly Kearns and robber like this.
    09-05-2016 04:42 PM
    Well that puts to rest that the China made ones are safe then since Tmobile ones are made in China.
    No it doesn't. Made in China doesn't mean "uses the same components as those sold in China".
    GBP87 likes this.
    09-05-2016 04:43 PM
    No it doesn't. Made in China doesn't mean "uses the same components as those sold in China".
    Actually, it just might. Samsung SDI batteries are not available for use in China.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Explo...Note-7_id85003
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-05-2016 04:57 PM
    Actually, it just might. Samsung SDI batteries are not available for use in China.

Exploding kittens: how to tell if you have a Samsung SDI, or a 'safe' ATL battery in your Note 7
    So maybe this Tmobile phone wasn't built in China? Or it really doesn't matter where its' built it could have the flaw.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-05-2016 04:59 PM
    I'm looking for a new Android phone with usb c that has confirmed wired usb c to hdmi picture and synced audio capability. Hoping the V20 will. G5 is a mixed bag. Most say it doesn't work. A couple of people say their converter works but I can't get an answer on high quality viewing of something like Netflix on my tv. Samsung never will so I'm looking at other brands. I loved my N7 but lose too many functions. Ir blaster and wired HDMI are things I really miss. LG seems to support wired hdmi. I don't know if Moto or any of the other premium brands do. I will never understand why Sammy went out of their way to disable wired USB C to HDMI.

Still if it weren't for this recall I would have kept my N7. It was a beauty.
    Any word if the V20 will have IR blaster?
    09-05-2016 05:00 PM

Exploding kittens: how to tell if you have a Samsung SDI, or a 'safe' ATL battery in your Note 7
    This is one of the problems with having 10 threads about the same topic. This post from Phone Arena has already be shown to be totally bunk. The SDI thing is irrelevant conjecture on their part and none of their sources are stating that only SDI batteries are corrupted. But in the post you quoted, Kevin is stating that phones made in China are not definitively made with Chinese batteries other than the ones being sold in China. So the batteries used in the T-Mobile phones cannot be inferred with the information available.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-05-2016 05:00 PM
    So maybe this Tmobile phone wasn't built in China? Or it really doesn't matter where its' built it could have the flaw.
    Where it is built is not the way to figure out which battery it has.
    09-05-2016 05:01 PM
    Any word if the V20 will have IR blaster?
    Nope. Might come out tomorrow but the G5 and V10 do so why not. LG isn't into taking things away like Sammy is.Why go to USB C only to retard its best functions?

LG not as stable, tend to have horrible battery life, suffer from bootloops and are not as refined as Sammy but this N7 fiasco has kinda soured me.
    09-05-2016 05:11 PM
    Honestly guys if Samsung didn't pinpoint and identify certain devices and announce the recall for those I don't think it matters where the device was made or any other investigative tactics to attempt to see if your device is impacted. Korea, China, black or blue, it doesn't matter. They're recalling all of them because I'm sure they don't know which was specifically are impacted. They probably have an idea but I'm sure it's not 100% certain or they would focus on those devices. So stop trying to be Matlock, exchange your device when it's convenient for you
    09-05-2016 05:22 PM
    Honestly guys if Samsung didn't pinpoint and identify certain device and announce the recall for those I don't think it matters where the device was made or any other investigative tactics to attempt to see if your device is impacted. Korea, China, it doesn't matter. They're recalling all of them because I'm sure they don't know which was specifically are impacted. They probably have an idea but I'm sure it's not 100% certain or they would focus on those devices. So stop trying to be Matlock, exchange your device when it's convenient for you
    Exactly.. If Samsung could pinpoint the devices they wouldn't be just handing out new phones to everyone.
    jimd1050 and nonie like this.
    09-05-2016 05:33 PM
    Has there been one single verified Note 7 in the US to blow up?
    09-05-2016 05:36 PM
    Well this is one.

I'm sure there are some here. Samsung said they had blown up all over the world. Remember, before the recall we knew of about 4-5 cases, we found out at least 35 blew up.

That means a lot of people were keeping quiet about it.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-05-2016 05:38 PM
    Well this is one.

I'm sure there are some here. Samsung said they had blown up all over the world. Remember, before the recall we knew of about 4-5 cases, we found out at least 35 blew up.

I wonder how many had issues and the user just took it back to where they got it. Everyone doesn't post everything on the Internet. They could have been told "Oh yeah that happens sometimes if you charge it wrong" or whatever to try to make it seem like a none issue. They swapped their device out and went on their way. Now there's a recall and they don't really have proof this happened to them a couple weeks ago lol. Who knows. All we know is we don't know which ones will fail.
    09-05-2016 05:54 PM
    Well this is one.

I'm a little skeptical with this one but that's just me.
    09-05-2016 06:03 PM
    I wonder how many had issues and the user just took it back to where they got it. Everyone doesn't post everything on the Internet. They could have been told "Oh yeah that happens sometimes if your charge it wrong" or whatever to try to make it seem like a none issue. They swapped their device out and went on their way. Now there's a recall and they don't really have proof this happened to this a couple weeks ago lol. Who knows. All we know is we don't which ones will fail.
    Exactly. For every one we heard about, there were at least five we didn't hear about. At this point I would be surprised at the ones we do hear about.

Also I expect we don't hear much about ones from Korea, they would be less likely to put Samsung on blast on the internet.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-05-2016 06:03 PM
    Man the best battery I've ever had was in my LG G2. That thing gave such great battery life and held charge like no other.
    Same here, I loved that phone. My worst battery? The G4. Go figure.
    09-05-2016 06:19 PM
    Just Manufactured in: Korea or China that should tell us a lot hopefully it's Korea... please?
    This whole issue came about because from what we had heard, the ones in South Korea were the biggest problem. So people were hoping that those made in China maybe weren't an issue also.

Samsung put that to rest when they announced it was a worldwide recall it doesn't matter where they were manufactured, all are at risk.
    ladyc0524 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-05-2016 06:38 PM
    The ones sold TO THE CHINESE shouldn't be a problem. But they are recalling the whole enchilada to cover up the manufacturer of the batteries??

Unless... the Chinese ones are included because it's not just a battery issue but battery plus electronics issue. Read the WSJ article.

The truth is out there...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-question.html

This whole issue came about because from what we had heard, the ones in South Korea were the biggest problem. So people were hoping that those made in China maybe weren't an issue also.

Samsung put that to rest when they announced it was a worldwide recall it doesn't matter where they were manufactured, all are at risk.
    09-05-2016 06:44 PM
    China isn't being recalled, everything but China is being recalled, we knew this Friday. If you mean Hong Kong, they released before China and have always been part of the recall.

What truth is out there?
    09-05-2016 06:55 PM
    Oh sorry... I didn't know China wasn't being recalled. There's one moment I thought you or someone said ALL recalled and then now not I can't keep up with all the explosion posts!!!

I'll just go back to the cracked screen threads. Too much sun this weekend to the brain.

China isn't being recalled, everything but China is being called, we knew this Friday.

What truth is out there?
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-05-2016 07:03 PM
    Oh sorry... I didn't know China wasn't being recalled. There's one moment I thought you or someone said ALL recalled and then now not I can't keep up with all the explosion posts!!!

I'll just go back to the cracked screen threads. Too much sun this weekend to the brain.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...psrcdwzvwf.jpg
    Yes all were recalled worldwide and they said they would go on with the China release because they knew those were OK. It released like Sept 2 in China.
    09-05-2016 07:05 PM
    Has there been one single verified Note 7 in the US to blow up?
    FWIW - At the ATT store (Atlanta, GA) where I returned mine - they noted that they had one brought in the day prior. Lady had it charging in her car when it blew. The manager said they had to get a bunch of details and information to work out also getting her car fixed, etc.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-05-2016 07:31 PM
174 1234 ...