09-07-2016 08:38 PM
174 12345 ...
tools
    FWIW - At the ATT store (Atlanta, GA) where I returned mine - they noted that they had one brought in the day prior. Lady had it charging in her car when it blew. The manager said they had to get a bunch of details and information to work out also getting her car fixed, etc.
    So we have the one in Atlanta and the one in St. Louis so far we know of.
    09-05-2016 07:52 PM
    Yeah, I think the WSJ article basically tells ya that over 70% of all the batteries made for the Note 7 were the Samsung batteries. I think, except from China, it's a safe bet the batteries are everywhere.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-question.html

So we have the one in Atlanta and the one in St. Louis so far we know of.
    09-05-2016 07:57 PM
    Well this is one.

I'm sure there are some here. Samsung said they had blown up all over the world. Remember, before the recall we knew of about 4-5 cases, we found out at least 35 blew up.

That means a lot of people were keeping quiet about it.
    Not really getting the "blown up/exploding" terminology... i mean, "simmering, smouldering, melting, slow burning..." but EXPLODING?

where is evidence of THAT? Seems almost as if the ppl who coined those terms are trying to make a bad situation even worse....

Do not misunderstand, i wouldn't want my phone to do ANY of the above...HOWEVER, when i think of "an exploding anything", in addition to fire, i think shards of glass & metal & fireballs being propelled thru the air under a great deal of pressure...not seeing any evidence of that in any of the articles....

BTC
    09-05-2016 07:58 PM
    Not really getting the "blown up/exploding" terminology... i mean, "simmering, smouldering, melting, slow burning..." but EXPLODING?

where is evidence of THAT? Seems almost as if the ppl who coined those terms are trying to make a bad situation even worse....

Do not misunderstand, i wouldn't want my phone to do ANY of the above...HOWEVER, when i think of "an exploding anything", in addition to fire, i think shards of glass & metal & fireballs being propelled thru the air under a great deal of pressure...not seeing any evidence of that in any of the articles....

BTC
    It is considered a battery exploding.
    Highrisedrifter, nonie and robber like this.
    09-05-2016 08:00 PM
    At this point, I think it's fair to assume that more than a couple Note7s out there are going to end up in a similar fate.

I would highly suggest that users stop using their phone and either contact your carrier for a loaner if they have one, use a backup phone if you do have one or get a cheap one off Walmart.

If you're not getting yours replaced, perhaps this will finally get you to do something you should've decided to do in the beginning.
    09-05-2016 08:13 PM
    O.K. Samsung, maybe you need to get ALL of your replacement batteries from LG? God, will this thing ever end?
    LG's catch fire too. I had two G4's burn up.
    09-05-2016 08:17 PM
    It comes down to this..

More are going to explode and we likely will not hear about most of them. Continuing to use the phone is a gamble.
    09-05-2016 08:19 PM
    LG's catch fire too. I had two G4's burn up.
    No phone is immune to battery fires.

Though a lot of these tend to be isolated and mainly caused by user error. In the case of the Note7, it's a serious battery defect that affects more than a few phones.

So I would advise that users stop using it until replacements with different batteries arrive.
    09-05-2016 08:19 PM
    get a cheap one off Walmart.
    It's not that easy with Verizon. The Verizon prepaid devices will hotline your line unless you pay for 1 month of Verizon prepaid smartphone plan. For the 4G LTE Verizon prepaid phones, you have to at a minimum pay for the $30 WiFi only plan and you have to do that through the phone setup activation on the phone. Otherwise the IMEIs are not whitelisted for postpaid.
    09-05-2016 08:21 PM
    It's not that easy with Verizon. The Verizon prepaid devices will hotline your line unless you pay for 1 month of Verizon prepaid smartphone plan. For the 4G LTE Verizon prepaid phones, you have to at a minimum pay for the $30 WiFi only plan and you have to do that through the phone setup activation on the phone. Otherwise the IMEIs are not whitelisted for postpaid.
    Does Verizon offer a loaner?
    09-05-2016 08:29 PM
    BWAHAHA.. Not if they can't make money off of it.
    nonie likes this.
    09-05-2016 08:30 PM
    Nope.
    09-05-2016 08:40 PM
    I just double checked he thread about the one in Australia, that one was black. Just like the one I am about to take back to Best Buy.
    Oh, I could of swore the one in Australia was blue too. My bad.
    09-05-2016 08:55 PM
    I searched for reports of any Note 7 incidents in the United States. The only one that I found was one in Boston that turn out to be false. Until I find proof of one catching fire and have been reported like those that happen overseas. I will not believe it.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-05-2016 09:06 PM
    If what you are saying is true regarding all T mobile phones being made in China, that begs the question whether the battery was also of Chinese origin. Isn't Samsung planning to use Chinese batteries in the replacement/new edition N7s?
    The phone may be made in China, but that doesn't guarantee that the battery is the same one found in the Chinese-market Notes.
    09-05-2016 09:12 PM
    I searched for reports of any Note 7 incidents in the United States. The only one that I found was one in Boston that turn out to be false. Until I find proof of one catching fire and have been reported like those that happen overseas. I will not believe it.
    There was s report of one in Boston that impacted a woman's car, and a floor model in Missouri that blew up. Both discussed on this forum.
    09-05-2016 09:17 PM
    Man China gets the model with more memory, more storage, AND the better battery making sure all Chinese phone use their batteries. How does China get such a sweet deal?

The phone may be made in China, but that doesn't guarantee that the battery is the same one found in the Chinese-market Notes.
    09-05-2016 09:20 PM
    Forum is not News waiting for real reports just like those overseas. With News articles that support it. Not word of mouth.
    09-05-2016 09:21 PM
    There was s report of one in Boston that impacted a woman's car, and a floor model in Missouri that blew up. Both discussed on this forum.
    I think there's a picture floating around from a demo model from a t-mobile store or something.
    09-05-2016 09:21 PM
    Man China gets the model with more memory, more storage, AND the better battery making sure all Chinese phone use their batteries. How does China get such a sweet deal?
    China's Note has 64GB of storage and 4GB of RAM, though, like everyone else.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-05-2016 09:26 PM
    They do have the variant...

Galaxy Note7 with 128GB storage launching in China next week - GSMArena.com news

China's Note has 64GB of storage and 4GB of RAM, though, like everyone else.
    09-05-2016 09:28 PM
    You think Samsung is probably asking themselves this now...

"Why didn't we go with the 3600 mah battery in the S7 Edge instead of this 3500?!!"
    jimd1050 and chispas109 like this.
    09-05-2016 09:32 PM
    Show me the news articles! The overseas had news articles to support it. With all the talk about this phone I doubt it will not make the news. Although i have had no issues with my phone with overheating or any issues. I will get a new phone when they release the New Note 7's. For me nothing can replace my Note 7 but another Note 7.
    09-05-2016 09:33 PM
    Why can they have it but we can't? I mean what makes it more special for them to have a beefier phone?
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-05-2016 09:54 PM
    I think there's a picture floating around from a demo model from a t-mobile store or something.
    That's the one from Missouri.
    09-05-2016 10:15 PM
174 12345 ...