Note 7 went boom

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well this is one.

I'm sure there are some here. Samsung said they had blown up all over the world. Remember, before the recall we knew of about 4-5 cases, we found out at least 35 blew up.

That means a lot of people were keeping quiet about it.

I wonder how many had issues and the user just took it back to where they got it. Everyone doesn't post everything on the Internet. They could have been told "Oh yeah that happens sometimes if you charge it wrong" or whatever to try to make it seem like a none issue. They swapped their device out and went on their way. Now there's a recall and they don't really have proof this happened to them a couple weeks ago lol. Who knows. All we know is we don't know which ones will fail.

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Well this is one.

I'm sure there are some here. Samsung said they had blown up all over the world. Remember, before the recall we knew of about 4-5 cases, we found out at least 35 blew up.

I'm a little skeptical with this one but that's just me. :-\

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many had issues and the user just took it back to where they got it. Everyone doesn't post everything on the Internet. They could have been told "Oh yeah that happens sometimes if your charge it wrong" or whatever to try to make it seem like a none issue. They swapped their device out and went on their way. Now there's a recall and they don't really have proof this happened to this a couple weeks ago lol. Who knows. All we know is we don't which ones will fail.
Exactly. For every one we heard about, there were at least five we didn't hear about. At this point I would be surprised at the ones we do hear about.

Also I expect we don't hear much about ones from Korea, they would be less likely to put Samsung on blast on the internet.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just Manufactured in: Korea or China that should tell us a lot hopefully it's Korea... please?
This whole issue came about because from what we had heard, the ones in South Korea were the biggest problem. So people were hoping that those made in China maybe weren't an issue also.

Samsung put that to rest when they announced it was a worldwide recall it doesn't matter where they were manufactured, all are at risk.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The ones sold TO THE CHINESE shouldn't be a problem. But they are recalling the whole enchilada to cover up the manufacturer of the batteries??

Unless... the Chinese ones are included because it's not just a battery issue but battery plus electronics issue. Read the WSJ article.

The truth is out there...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...g-manufactured-note-7-batteries-question.html

This whole issue came about because from what we had heard, the ones in South Korea were the biggest problem. So people were hoping that those made in China maybe weren't an issue also.

Samsung put that to rest when they announced it was a worldwide recall it doesn't matter where they were manufactured, all are at risk.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
China isn't being recalled, everything but China is being recalled, we knew this Friday. If you mean Hong Kong, they released before China and have always been part of the recall.

What truth is out there?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Oh sorry... I didn't know China wasn't being recalled. There's one moment I thought you or someone said ALL recalled and then now not :confused: I can't keep up with all the explosion posts!!! :confused:

I'll just go back to the cracked screen threads. Too much sun this weekend to the brain. :confused:

China isn't being recalled, everything but China is being called, we knew this Friday.

What truth is out there?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Oh sorry... I didn't know China wasn't being recalled. There's one moment I thought you or someone said ALL recalled and then now not :confused: I can't keep up with all the explosion posts!!! :confused:

I'll just go back to the cracked screen threads. Too much sun this weekend to the brain. :confused:

[url]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r191/don527/IMG_2058_zpsrcdwzvwf.jpg[/URL]
Yes all were recalled worldwide and they said they would go on with the China release because they knew those were OK. It released like Sept 2 in China.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Has there been one single verified Note 7 in the US to blow up?
FWIW - At the ATT store (Atlanta, GA) where I returned mine - they noted that they had one brought in the day prior. Lady had it charging in her car when it blew. The manager said they had to get a bunch of details and information to work out also getting her car fixed, etc.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
FWIW - At the ATT store (Atlanta, GA) where I returned mine - they noted that they had one brought in the day prior. Lady had it charging in her car when it blew. The manager said they had to get a bunch of details and information to work out also getting her car fixed, etc.

So we have the one in Atlanta and the one in St. Louis so far we know of.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well this is one.

Not really getting the "blown up/exploding" terminology... i mean, "simmering, smouldering, melting, slow burning..." but EXPLODING?

where is evidence of THAT? Seems almost as if the ppl who coined those terms are trying to make a bad situation even worse....

Do not misunderstand, i wouldn't want my phone to do ANY of the above...HOWEVER, when i think of "an exploding anything", in addition to fire, i think shards of glass & metal & fireballs being propelled thru the air under a great deal of pressure...not seeing any evidence of that in any of the articles....

BTC

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not really getting the "blown up/exploding" terminology... i mean, "simmering, smouldering, melting, slow burning..." but EXPLODING?

where is evidence of THAT? Seems almost as if the ppl who coined those terms are trying to make a bad situation even worse....

Do not misunderstand, i wouldn't want my phone to do ANY of the above...HOWEVER, when i think of "an exploding anything", in addition to fire, i think shards of glass & metal & fireballs being propelled thru the air under a great deal of pressure...not seeing any evidence of that in any of the articles....

BTC
It is considered a battery exploding.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
At this point, I think it's fair to assume that more than a couple Note7s out there are going to end up in a similar fate.

I would highly suggest that users stop using their phone and either contact your carrier for a loaner if they have one, use a backup phone if you do have one or get a cheap one off Walmart.

If you're not getting yours replaced, perhaps this will finally get you to do something you should've decided to do in the beginning.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It comes down to this..

More are going to explode and we likely will not hear about most of them. Continuing to use the phone is a gamble.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
LG's catch fire too. I had two G4's burn up.
No phone is immune to battery fires.

Though a lot of these tend to be isolated and mainly caused by user error. In the case of the Note7, it's a serious battery defect that affects more than a few phones.

So I would advise that users stop using it until replacements with different batteries arrive.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
get a cheap one off Walmart.
It's not that easy with Verizon. The Verizon prepaid devices will hotline your line unless you pay for 1 month of Verizon prepaid smartphone plan. For the 4G LTE Verizon prepaid phones, you have to at a minimum pay for the $30 WiFi only plan and you have to do that through the phone setup activation on the phone. Otherwise the IMEIs are not whitelisted for postpaid.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It's not that easy with Verizon. The Verizon prepaid devices will hotline your line unless you pay for 1 month of Verizon prepaid smartphone plan. For the 4G LTE Verizon prepaid phones, you have to at a minimum pay for the $30 WiFi only plan and you have to do that through the phone setup activation on the phone. Otherwise the IMEIs are not whitelisted for postpaid.
Does Verizon offer a loaner?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech