Note 7 went boom

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I searched for reports of any Note 7 incidents in the United States. The only one that I found was one in Boston that turn out to be false. Until I find proof of one catching fire and have been reported like those that happen overseas. I will not believe it.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
If what you are saying is true regarding all T mobile phones being made in China, that begs the question whether the battery was also of Chinese origin. Isn't Samsung planning to use Chinese batteries in the replacement/new edition N7s?
The phone may be made in China, but that doesn't guarantee that the battery is the same one found in the Chinese-market Notes.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I searched for reports of any Note 7 incidents in the United States. The only one that I found was one in Boston that turn out to be false. Until I find proof of one catching fire and have been reported like those that happen overseas. I will not believe it.

There was s report of one in Boston that impacted a woman's car, and a floor model in Missouri that blew up. Both discussed on this forum.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Man China gets the model with more memory, more storage, AND the better battery making sure all Chinese phone use their batteries. How does China get such a sweet deal?

The phone may be made in China, but that doesn't guarantee that the battery is the same one found in the Chinese-market Notes.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Forum is not News waiting for real reports just like those overseas. With News articles that support it. Not word of mouth.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You think Samsung is probably asking themselves this now...

"Why didn't we go with the 3600 mah battery in the S7 Edge instead of this 3500?!!" :-\

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Show me the news articles! The overseas had news articles to support it. With all the talk about this phone I doubt it will not make the news. Although i have had no issues with my phone with overheating or any issues. I will get a new phone when they release the New Note 7's. For me nothing can replace my Note 7 but another Note 7.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

A TMobile rep posted a picture of a demo unit that was in his regional market that incinerated at a TMobile store. He posted it in this forum - the picture was shared with TMobile reps as a warning in their employee chat.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Show me the news articles! The overseas had news articles to support it. With all the talk about this phone I doubt it will not make the news. Although i have had no issues with my phone with overheating or any issues. I will get a new phone when they release the New Note 7's. For me nothing can replace my Note 7 but another Note 7.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...57542d0e495449f3a8bf?client=ms-android-att-us

From the article:

"Samsung said it received 35 reports of the Note7 catching fire in South Korea, the United States, and Taiwan in the fortnight following its launch."

Samsung and all the carriers have been very clear - please stop using the device immediately.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...57542d0e495449f3a8bf?client=ms-android-att-us

From the article:

"Samsung said it received 35 reports of the Note7 catching fire in South Korea, the United States, and Taiwan in the fortnight following its launch."

Samsung and all the carriers have been very clear - please stop using the device immediately.
What carriers have said to stop using the device? And where has Samsung, outside of the Australia division in 1 article, made that statement?

seajypsy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
This was linked in an email I received from Samsung today regarding the recall.

"Is it okay for me to continue using my Note7?
Because your safety is our utmost concern, we ask you to take advantage of the U.S. Product Exchange Program for Note7 owners in which we are offering Note7 customers the opportunity to exchange their device for a Galaxy S7, a Galaxy S7 edge or a new Note7 (as early as next week)."

Still nothing definitive about continuing to use the phone until the replacements are distributed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz