Note 7 went boom

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
This isn't surprising at all... When there has been numerous statements released to return the device asap. When I called about options for the loaner / exchange - while not directly stating to not use the phone - they "strongly" and "highly recommended" I return it for safety reasons.

If it's not clear previously it should be now.. imho everyone should really consider stop using the phone immediately. I expect this may make the headlines tonight.
Why is it clear now? Because the guy owned a Note 7? There has been no cause determined and it may be a few days before the investigator determines the cause. There are over 50,000 electrical fires every year so until cause is determined it's just as likely it was an electrical fire.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Why is it clear now? Because the guy owned a Note 7? There has been no cause determined and it may be a few days before the investigator determines the cause. There are over 50,000 electrical fires every year so until cause is determined it's just as likely it was an electrical fire.

Seems like a firefighter looking to cash in on the Note 7 recall. :p Just what I think. :-\

Bet he already has an ambulance chasing lawyer on the case.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Seems like a firefighter looking to cash in on the Note 7 recall. :p Just what I think.

You know... I thought the same thing when I heard he was a FF....

Being a first responder, I am sure he got some sort of bulletin about the potential fire risk. Thinks... 'hmm.... I need a new garage, a nice two bay job with a lift for my camaro..."

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Plus this guy and his family are staying in a hotel because a small corner of his 2 car garage has been burnt. Seems might fishy to me. :-\

Who leaves their phone at home when they go out to pick up their kids?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Plus this guy and his family are staying in a hotel because a small corner of his 2 car garage has been burnt. Seems might fishy to me. :-\

I always have my wallet, phone, and conceal carry gun when I go somewhere.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Ahhh, give him the benefit of the doubt... there's probably smoke/water damage to the house too - at least smoke!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
if you're like me, you mean "anywhere" not "somewhere", right?

Except work, my employer doesn't allow carrying weapons so it stays in my car. If I don't have a pistol on me it's at least in my car. Except when I take my college courses since here in FL it can actually get you arrested carrying into a college.

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I received an Email from Samsung today stating that (In the UK at least) the new replacement Note 7s will begin to roll out on the 19th.

Jaxensmommy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I would like to return mine until they get replacements out but I bought mine at Target and they refuse to take it back. So I am being forced to keep using mine or go without a phone.

I am a supervisor at Target. Target mobile is a 3rd party vendor. I'm in close contact with the team lead there so as soon as they know, I'll know and post here. For the record my phone is through Verizon at Target and I'm still using mine because there is no other viable choice at the moment.

Jaxensmommy

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Until the new note 7s comes out I'm only charging my phone on the toilet seat. If it exolodes, it will melt the seat and fall into the toilet. Crisis averted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome