Has your N7 survived a serious fall?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
There have been several posts on this forum regarding N7's screens or backs being broken without a serious fall, sometimes even with heavy duty cases and screen protectors.

I would hope that far more N7's have survived a serious drop. If yours has, I would love to hear about it.

How high was the fall onto what kind of a surface?

Did your phone have a case or screen protector? If so, what kind? Or was it naked?

I am presently worried about how fragile the N7 might be, in spite of Samsung's claim that most of the time the phone should survive a 1 meter drop.

I have only read the horror stories in this forum of breakage. It would be reassuring from real usage, that there are more survivor stories, than the horror stories. Please post only your good experiences here.

Last edited:

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Nothing too serious I've dropped mine twice, last week on my hardwood kitchen floor. And today from my bathroom sink. If it helps I have the Rinke flex s case on mine. I also have a cheap case friendly tempered glass screen protector from eBay on the screen . I haven't found a scratch on it.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I read a post somewhere in the N7 forum where a guy said his wife's N7 was in a caseology case and survived a fall off the top of the car. Someone found the phone in the road/parking lot and returned it. Phone was not damaged.

Last edited:

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine is in an iBlason Armorbox (looks and works like it sounds) case with Bodyguardz Contour HD Screen Protector. I've knocked it off the kitchen table onto a linoleum floor - maybe 34" drop but landed on the S-Pen corner and the pen actually popped out completely. It was fine that time! Very next morning, it went off the kitchen island (40" drop) and across the same kitchen floor on it's back for about 10'. Again, perfectly fine. I will close by knocking on my wooden desk several times... hope that helps!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I knocked mine out of my hand on a door frame as I went out the door. It was just about shoulder height (around 5') when it went flying. It landed about 3' away, flat on its back and slid a couple of feet across a ceramic tile floor. It was in a Caseology Parallax Series case. To my relief it was not damaged in any way.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Dropped mine getting into the car and it landed face down on the driveway. About a 4.5' fall.

Otterbox Symmetry saved the day. No scratches or cracks. No damage at all other than my heart racing. :)

trmiv

May 5, 2013
Visit site
My wife's survived a fall yesterday but she had her otterbox commuter on it. I've heard of it cracking with that case though. Anyway it was in her back pocket. Our 3 year old went running down the driveway to greet her grandma and on the way down she tripped and fell on the concrete and burst into tears. My wife took off running towards her and her phone flew out of her back pocket, hit the concrete, bounced and then slid. No damage.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine is in an iBlason Armorbox (looks and works like it sounds) case with Bodyguardz Contour HD Screen Protector. I've knocked it off the kitchen table onto a linoleum floor - maybe 34" drop but landed on the S-Pen corner and the pen actually popped out completely. It was fine that time! Very next morning, it went off the kitchen island (40" drop) and across the same kitchen floor on it's back for about 10'. Again, perfectly fine. I will close by knocking on my wooden desk several times... hope that helps!

Don't use the phone to knock on that wood...

I dropped mine at the grocery store onto concrete floor, ~3'
I guess it dropped on the S-pen corner, because my pen popped out; I didn't realize it at first, however. I picked the phone up expecting the worst, and was happy to see there was no damage. I was so excited about that, I quickly dropped it into my purse and went about my shopping. By the time I got to the back of the store, I heard the phone 'yelling' and saw the pen was out. Ugh! Of course I'm thinking some kid found the pretty blue pen and picked it up. I walked my way back, and lo and behold, it was scooted over against the wall about 10' from where I dropped it. No idea if it was kicked or stepped on, but both pen and phone are fine.

Another time I was juggling coffee and my phone stepping up my concrete steps outside. I saved the coffee... Stupid, yes. LOL This fall was less distance (~2'), but it hit smack dab on the edge of the step [BOLD] on the screen![/BOLD] That time I was definitely prepared to fork out a screen repair deductible. Again, nothing. I'm grateful, of course.

I use Spigen Tough Armour case, and Bodyguardz HD contour screen protector. It is a dry-apply film, not tempered glass. The film was scratched a bit, but glass underneath is fine.

I am certainly counting my lucky stars!

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
(Accidently) threw mine at a wall, from where it bounced onto the floor. No scratches, works fine, was in a Samsung plastic fold-over case - which is why I inadvertently launched it in the first place - those cases are slippery.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Ist night I had the phone no case fell off the bowflex bench charging and landed on the barbells. 2nd time was sitting on my lap in a wallet case stood up and it hit the tile floor, booth times no issues

sistasweetpea

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any major falls, but like the other poster, the spen has popped out a few times when it fell off of the sofa. The pen seems easy to lose in a fall. My note 4 never lost a pen that way.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
There have been several posts on this forum regarding N7's screens or backs being broken without a serious fall, sometimes even with heavy duty cases and screen protectors.

I would hope that far more N7's have survived a serious drop. If yours has, I would love to hear about it.

How high was the fall onto what kind of a surface?

Did your phone have a case or screen protector? If so, what kind? Or was it naked?

I am presently worried about how fragile the N7 might be, in spite of Samsung's claim that most of the time the phone should survive a 1 meter drop.

I have only read the horror stories in this forum of breakage. It would be reassuring from real usage, that there are more survivor stories, than the horror stories. Please post your good experiences here.

Awesome thread. Thanks for posting it!

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I read a post somewhere in the N7 forum where a guy said his wife's N7 was in a caseology case and survived a fall off the top of the car. Someone found the car in the road/parking lot and returned it. Phone was not damaged.
That was my girl! She also drops it multiple times a week onto wood/carpet/tile floors, no problem yet.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
This guy posted today... his phone didn't make it. :'( Thought he needed a voice in this thread. Almost one per day you'd think.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-glass-can-i-still-exchange-new-note-7-a.html

This is NOT the thread for this sad report. While I sympathize with this person concerning his phone damage, I hope that reports like his are in the minority. (There are several reports like his in different N7 threads throughout the forum, if you need to read about them.)

Again, this thread is for collecting the survivor stories, which hopefully will show the N7 isn't always as fragile as the sad stories, posted elsewhere , might suggest.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Jesús Christ! I was just reading this exact post at the movie theater before the movie "No Manches Frida" started. So I place it on the cup holder... And it falls! That's like what, a two and a half foot drop? I pick it up and the top left of the screen is shattered, bad. I've dropped my Note 5 way worse, my S6, Note 3 and many other phones from higher places and I have never broken a screen!

I hope they let me replace it like that. I'm seriously considering grabbing an S7 now vs getting a Note 7 again.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Jesús Christ! I was just reading this exact post at the movie theater before the movie "No Manches Frida" started. So I place it on the cup holder... And it falls! That's like what, a two and a half foot drop? I pick it up and the top left of the screen is shattered, bad. I've dropped my Note 5 way worse, my S6, Note 3 and many other phones from higher places and I have never broken a screen!

I hope they let me replace it like that. I'm seriously considering grabbing an S7 now vs getting a Note 7 again.

Omg - so sorry about your phone. Was it in a case?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey