09-09-2016 04:25 AM
217 1234 ...
tools
    Well the re call is not going to well in Australia so far, telcos making it hard with excuses and even Samsung giving people the run around, different stories from same retailers, wait time has gone from initial 2 weeks to 3-4 weeks overnight, what a mess, Samfail i would say. They can't even provide a descent warranty claim normally how would anyone believe they could handle returns of millions of phones lol.
    For sure people will say FU and order a iPhone 7.
    09-06-2016 12:13 AM
    So an iPhone 7 is the only other option?

Please

The biggest beneficiary in the Android world will be Google, LG and even Samsung's other 2016 flagship.
    lions_lair99 and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-06-2016 12:16 AM
    Here is one example from someone direct with Samsung.

I contacted samsung for a refund as it was written on the website.

no refund, no procedure, no clue on their part as what i have to do. i registered my interest last friday and they still didnt even send me an email saying they got my registration or anything.

today went online with them said they will contact me shortly... no contact. that was 6 hours ago.
    09-06-2016 12:35 AM
    I guess the general answer would depend on what forum you asked the question on. Forums have biases; it's the nature of the beast.
    09-06-2016 01:36 AM
    I'm referring to in terms of sales. In normal circumstances, iPhone should already comfortably win any other flagship phones out there. With such a big saga, many people who are on the fence will just tip over to the iPhone field.
    iPhone, makes more money than any manufacturer, but they by far don't sell more phones. And they are losing ground to Huawei, and Xiaomi in the Asian market, their bread and butter.
    09-06-2016 01:46 AM
    Apple still has a great product but samsung is the leader in sales at this time. The changes in the new iPhone will bring some negatives and positives. The lack of headphone jack and no more physics home button will bring haters. Samsung has done a great job with the galaxy 7 series of phones. 1
    And always out sold apple.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-06-2016 01:49 AM
    Iphone 7 performance will wipe the floor with the Note 7. There are reasons for buying the iPhone. Samsung messed up badly. I was considering the Note 7 but the fragility of the device is ridiculous. I don't want to put my phone in a showcase but in my pocket.
    09-06-2016 02:23 AM
    No, Apple does not claim automatic victory. That is ridiculous. Yes, this is a setback for Samsung and I suspect they might be lucky to make much profit from the Note 7 after the speculated 1 billion dollar cost of the recall. No doubt Samsung will look to the S8 to start making meaningful profits again.

But I doubt very much there will be mass defections over this incident, especially when most analysts agree Samsung has acted quickly and honorably.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-06-2016 02:39 AM
    I've been trying to figure what this iphone is you guys keep mentioning.

I'll be exchanging my note 7 for a note 7. The only other interest I would have is a new open platform. It's nothing but a dream. If the patent doesn't evolve that is all it will ever be.
    09-06-2016 02:50 AM
    Samsung lost with the Note 7, outside of recall, there are many reviews, true reviews, of the device that stat that it has lag issues and poor battery, despite being the same as S7E.

The lag might be solved with future update, but now there are S7, S7E, Axon 7 and One+3 phones on the market, all of them are better value in terms of money than the note, unless you really need S-Pen.

With so many cheaper and in times even better choices, S7E being the closest one to the note 7 and already proven to be the best phone atm, iphone 7 set to launch any moment and LG V20, the Note 7 does not have a solid ground to come after the recall.

It will sell, but not as it should be, it's a battle that Samsung lost.
    09-06-2016 02:59 AM
    Iphone 7 performance will wipe the floor with the Note 7. There are reasons for buying the iPhone. Samsung messed up badly. I was considering the Note 7 but the fragility of the device is ridiculous. I don't want to put my phone in a showcase but in my pocket.
    There's nothing more fragile, than an iPhone. Every person I've ever known that had an iPhone dropped it and broke the screen, if not the whole phone.
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    09-06-2016 02:59 AM
    Let me put it this way. The direct competitor of the Note7 is the 128GB version of the iPhone 7 Plus (not the 32GB model). I can almost bet that the price difference between these two is going to be at least 200$.
    Now comes the question, would you spend an addtional 200$ on the top of a 800$ phone for pretty much just a smother experience which for most users will not be visible, taking into consideration we're talking about seconds? And yeah, maybe a better camera.
    09-06-2016 03:11 AM
    There's nothing more fragile, than an iPhone. Every person I've ever known that had an iPhone dropped it and broke the screen, if not the whole phone.
    I dropped my 6S Plus at least 5 times, including waist high on concrete. Nothing happened but a few scratches. Same thing with my iPhone 6 before.
    09-06-2016 04:09 AM
    Hell no, I love my Note 7. I left with it on vacation 2 days after I got it and been using it about 16 hours/day. I've taken thousands of pics, gigs of video, surfed, made WiFi calls, and everything works great! I don't know what lag issues people have, I'm still blown away by how fast (instantly) everything works on this phone.

I've had a few learning curve issues with battery life and settings coming from an iPhone 5s, but it's mostly resolved -- I need to do more testing when I get home in my "normal" phone use environment.

I got the official recall email today and will contact at&t (as per the email's instructions) later this week.
    09-06-2016 04:19 AM
    Not sure, I've had iPhones 3 through 5, but always in an Otterbox Defender, since sudden gusts of gravity happen frequently around me.

This is also why I'm concerned about the Note 7 Defender being so delayed.
    09-06-2016 04:26 AM
    The only thing I hope for is more options on the US market. All our European relatives have great Chinese phones for a fraction of the Note 7's cost.
    09-06-2016 04:28 AM
    Not if they market themselves correctly. If this recall goes over and there's no real big problems with the replacement devices. All they really have to do is put out a few clever commercials and the mass public will eat it up.
    09-06-2016 04:59 AM
    Not if they market themselves correctly. If this recall goes over and there's no real big problems with the replacement devices. All they really have to do is put out a few clever commercials and the mass public will eat it up.
    Right.. if iPhone has been selling without any of their own technological innovations, and only coming out with features of Android, literally years after other manufacturers. N7 is a shoe in.
    09-06-2016 05:34 AM
    In the grand scheme of things, does it matter who wins or loses? As long as you have a phone you love then sales numbers don't mean a thing. Not like any of us will see profits from those numbers.
    Jona005, Shadowyugi and ajb1965 like this.
    09-06-2016 05:52 AM
    In the grand scheme of things, does it matter who wins or loses? As long as you have a phone you love then sales numbers don't mean a thing. Not like any of us will see profits from those numbers.
    If you hold stock in either of these companies you will.
    09-06-2016 05:59 AM
    Those are few and far between.
    09-06-2016 06:09 AM
    It can't be worse than Note 7/S7E with all round glass
    09-06-2016 06:16 AM
    I've honestly only known maybe 3 people that have an iPhone that don't have a cracked screen lol
    lions_lair99 likes this.
    09-06-2016 06:21 AM
    So an iPhone 7 is the only other option?

Please

The biggest beneficiary in the Android world will be Google, LG and even Samsung's other 2016 flagship.
    Sadly in Australia it is. It was only up until this year that people really started trying out Android through Samsung here. All other OEM's (Sony, LG, HTC) don't even see the light of day.
    09-06-2016 06:29 AM
    I feel the same way! Driving me crazy that people are slamming Samsung for doing the right thing..I have NOT lost faith or confidence in trusting Samsung. Diehard user. That's not changing
    I'm not even a die hard user. the N7 is my first ever after a long line of Blackberrys. I'm still not worried. It's alright to give a phone a second chance before damning the company to hell and slating it as never 'winning' for the year again.

At the end of the day, they are still just phones. It's not that deep.
    Shoryuken likes this.
    09-06-2016 06:30 AM
217 1234 ...