With The Note 7 Recall... Does Apple Automatically Claim The 2016 Victory?

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
No they have not won I got a email from Samsung that says I can pick up my replacement Note as early as next week - will stop by my local AT&T Store to confirm either early AM or at lunch time and I can't wait to have it back

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I still can't believe how many people don't understand a recall. Samsung is giving you a brand new phone that they've perfected after discovering an issue. Other than the 'nuissance' of going in to have it replaced, how is that so bad?

I feel the same way! Driving me crazy that people are slamming Samsung for doing the right thing..I have NOT lost faith or confidence in trusting Samsung. Diehard user. That's not changing

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
They definitely lost ground.... The hardcore android fans maybe not but as far as people on the fence this just affirms their suspicions and isn't gonna make people wanna switch.... Imagine if you were a iPhone user coming to Android for the first time and this happens to you.... Or if you were with Apple getting bored and thinking about switching this isn't what you wanna go through or hear..... If their launch goes through without a hitch as far as sales go they will win... People won't even buy note 7s right away cause they would wait it out to see if more issues arise.... Everyone's guard is up now..

I'm far from scared away though... I want this phone

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
They definitely lost ground.... The hardcore android fans maybe not but as far as people on the fence this just affirms their suspicions and isn't gonna make people wanna switch.... Imagine if you were a iPhone user coming to Android for the first time and this happens to you.... Or if you were with Apple getting bored and thinking about switching this isn't what you wanna go through or hear..... If their launch goes through without a hitch as far as sales go they will win... People won't even buy note 7s right away cause they would wait it out to see if more issues arise.... Everyone's guard is up now..

I'm far from scared away though... I want this phone

Me too. I'm still not an Apple fan. I've invested too much in the Android ecosystem and cannot wait to return this phone and get my Note 7 that I was supposed to have in the first place!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Victory of what? Just because Samsung had a slip doesn't mean I instantly hate Android and am going Apple. So no.. No victory for me.

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Well the re call is not going to well in Australia so far, telcos making it hard with excuses and even Samsung giving people the run around, different stories from same retailers, wait time has gone from initial 2 weeks to 3-4 weeks overnight, what a mess, Samfail i would say. They can't even provide a descent warranty claim normally how would anyone believe they could handle returns of millions of phones lol.
For sure people will say FU and order a iPhone 7.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
So an iPhone 7 is the only other option?

Please

The biggest beneficiary in the Android world will be Google, LG and even Samsung's other 2016 flagship.

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Here is one example from someone direct with Samsung.

I contacted samsung for a refund as it was written on the website.

no refund, no procedure, no clue on their part as what i have to do. i registered my interest last friday and they still didnt even send me an email saying they got my registration or anything.

today went online with them said they will contact me shortly... no contact. that was 6 hours ago.

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm referring to in terms of sales. In normal circumstances, iPhone should already comfortably win any other flagship phones out there. With such a big saga, many people who are on the fence will just tip over to the iPhone field.
iPhone, makes more money than any manufacturer, but they by far don't sell more phones. And they are losing ground to Huawei, and Xiaomi in the Asian market, their bread and butter.

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Apple still has a great product but samsung is the leader in sales at this time. The changes in the new iPhone will bring some negatives and positives. The lack of headphone jack and no more physics home button will bring haters. Samsung has done a great job with the galaxy 7 series of phones. 1
And always out sold apple.

Bertolus

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Iphone 7 performance will wipe the floor with the Note 7. There are reasons for buying the iPhone. Samsung messed up badly. I was considering the Note 7 but the fragility of the device is ridiculous. I don't want to put my phone in a showcase but in my pocket.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
No, Apple does not claim automatic victory. That is ridiculous. Yes, this is a setback for Samsung and I suspect they might be lucky to make much profit from the Note 7 after the speculated 1 billion dollar cost of the recall. No doubt Samsung will look to the S8 to start making meaningful profits again.

But I doubt very much there will be mass defections over this incident, especially when most analysts agree Samsung has acted quickly and honorably.

Cotano

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to figure what this iphone is you guys keep mentioning.

I'll be exchanging my note 7 for a note 7. The only other interest I would have is a new open platform. It's nothing but a dream. If the patent doesn't evolve that is all it will ever be.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Samsung lost with the Note 7, outside of recall, there are many reviews, true reviews, of the device that stat that it has lag issues and poor battery, despite being the same as S7E.

The lag might be solved with future update, but now there are S7, S7E, Axon 7 and One+3 phones on the market, all of them are better value in terms of money than the note, unless you really need S-Pen.

With so many cheaper and in times even better choices, S7E being the closest one to the note 7 and already proven to be the best phone atm, iphone 7 set to launch any moment and LG V20, the Note 7 does not have a solid ground to come after the recall.

It will sell, but not as it should be, it's a battle that Samsung lost.

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Iphone 7 performance will wipe the floor with the Note 7. There are reasons for buying the iPhone. Samsung messed up badly. I was considering the Note 7 but the fragility of the device is ridiculous. I don't want to put my phone in a showcase but in my pocket.
There's nothing more fragile, than an iPhone. Every person I've ever known that had an iPhone dropped it and broke the screen, if not the whole phone.

DanRomania

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Let me put it this way. The direct competitor of the Note7 is the 128GB version of the iPhone 7 Plus (not the 32GB model). I can almost bet that the price difference between these two is going to be at least 200$.
Now comes the question, would you spend an addtional 200$ on the top of a 800$ phone for pretty much just a smother experience which for most users will not be visible, taking into consideration we're talking about seconds? And yeah, maybe a better camera.

Bertolus

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
There's nothing more fragile, than an iPhone. Every person I've ever known that had an iPhone dropped it and broke the screen, if not the whole phone.

I dropped my 6S Plus at least 5 times, including waist high on concrete. Nothing happened but a few scratches. Same thing with my iPhone 6 before.

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hell no, I love my Note 7. I left with it on vacation 2 days after I got it and been using it about 16 hours/day. I've taken thousands of pics, gigs of video, surfed, made WiFi calls, and everything works great! I don't know what lag issues people have, I'm still blown away by how fast (instantly) everything works on this phone.

I've had a few learning curve issues with battery life and settings coming from an iPhone 5s, but it's mostly resolved -- I need to do more testing when I get home in my "normal" phone use environment.

I got the official recall email today and will contact at&t (as per the email's instructions) later this week.

Dennis Piccioni

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure, I've had iPhones 3 through 5, but always in an Otterbox Defender, since sudden gusts of gravity happen frequently around me.

This is also why I'm concerned about the Note 7 Defender being so delayed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance