With The Note 7 Recall... Does Apple Automatically Claim The 2016 Victory?

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Apple just makes the same crap every year. Guess what Pokemon go crash on every iPhone no matter the version. It sucks! There is no customization, no hey look mine is different than yours. It's made for people that don't know how to use a real phone. It's simplistic and dull. Yep I switched to the N3 and never looked back.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
And unless you get wireless headphones, consumers would have to buy lightning cable headphones, which there aren't many out and only iPhone compatible

Yeah, I always wondered about that myself. What do accessories manufacturers do here? Do they stick with 3.5mm jacks and stuff a bunch of adapters in the box? Or do they break off and make multiple connection types? So we'll have legacy 3.5mm, Lightning AND USB-C...

Remember that a cable overhaul isn't something that's new to iPhone users. Sure, there will be a period of transition, and things will be a bit of a pain in the butt for a bit, but everyone will adjust. Just like USB-C. With the Note 7 going C, they were amongst the last micro-USB holdouts, I expect the vast majority of phones going forward will come with USB-C ports. Once that happens, accessories follow suit extremely fast.

It's just that changeovers like this can get pretty rough.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Apple just makes the same crap every year. Guess what Pokemon go crash on every iPhone no matter the version. It sucks! There is no customization, no hey look mine is different than yours. It's made for people that don't know how to use a real phone. It's simplistic and dull. Yep I switched to the N3 and never looked back.
That's the reason I cant really tolerate having a iphone.....You pretty much get what you get....and if that's all you know that's fine but coming from andriod it won't be a welcomed change....atleast for me.....

Treonday

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Too soon to know who won 2016. We won't know until Samsung actually puts replacement units into the hands of their customers, and the iPhone release. The real question is if Samsung will be able to retain their new customers (mainly the people who came over from iPhone).

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. iPhone 6 Plus blew up while charging, woman claims - CNET My brother just told me his granddaughter's Iphone battery melted and ruined phone. Looks like it can happen to apple also.

It's happened to every phone on the market... has happened for years. These batteries are technological miracles, but they've always had a wicked temper... the chemistry that allows them to store ALLLLL that energy is about as ornery as a bull moose during rut.

You know... for a short time, I am sure we'll see news reports when any phones go pop... hopefully they play it fair and not just pick the sensationalistic route and only mention when a Sammy goes (yeah, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen). Then the inevitable "Is your phone safe?" special news segment on your local news.

Then some new shiny news story will catch everyone's attention.

True_RL

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Coming from an iPhone 6s+, I can say that I have enjoyed the flexibility that I have had with the Note 7. Again, as a new person to Android and the Note series I am still curious what iPhone will reveal with the 7 Plus (since that's their top of the line).

I do enjoy the Note 7, and ill give them the WIN this year despite the recall - I am just going to stay hopeful that Samsung definitely makes this right when I receive my new replacement.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
There was an article this morning on MSN.com talking about how iPhone sales have been shrinking as the improvements/upgrades from one year to the next have become minimal and buyers aren't seeing the value in it and skipping a year. Obviously we won't know until the end of the year to see if their predictions are correct buy I wouldn't be surprised. I'm surprised about the rumor of removing the headphone jack, that's just one more thing a user has to remember to charge... like we don't have enough things to charge as it is.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say Apple fans are particularly loyal to Apple.

I would say it's the exact opposite. Apple diehards are the embodiment of being loyal to a brand.

Look no further than Apple tattoos. People have them. A lot of people. I could be wrong...but I've yet to see one Samsung tattoo ;)

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Apple does not release innovative phones anymore.

Says you. Another person said it and it rings true, Apple will beat out the Samsung Note 7 once the iPhone 7 hits the market. It happens every year. You may not like Apple but watch and see. And this Note 7 mess surely doesn't help.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I would say it's the exact opposite. Apple diehards are the embodiment of being loyal to a brand.

Look no further than Apple tattoos. People have them. A lot of people. I could be wrong...but I've yet to see one Samsung tattoo ;)

I've seen more Android robot tattoos compared to Apple.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

The vast majority of iPhone users are the most casual of phone owners. I know plenty of iPhone owners and not a single one of them is a power user. They tend to buy iPhones for their simplicity or because of reasons like they want access to their iTunes.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Mooserman15

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
The iPhone is late to the party. The party is almost over, and they are just arriving. The iPhone 7 is obsolete and it isn't even released yet! Get an Android, even if it isn't a Note 7.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know. I'm seriously considering an iPhone 7, even though I LOVE the Note 7. I miss that vast ecosystem.

Having said that, the way Sammy has dealt with the battery recall had made me even more of a fan.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. I'm seriously considering an iPhone 7, even though I LOVE the Note 7. I miss that vast ecosystem.

Having said that, the way Sammy has dealt with the battery recall had made me even more of a fan.
Wait, I thought a few days ago, you mentioned you didn't like it as much due to its technical issues at launch? Change of heart?

And yeah, I'm actually tempted by the next iPhone. Amazing how even a minor exterior upgrade but serious internal change can excite the geeks in us.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Wait, I thought a few days ago, you mentioned you didn't like it as much due to its technical issues at launch? Change of heart?

And yeah, I'm actually tempted by the next iPhone. Amazing how even a minor exterior upgrade but serious internal change can excite the geeks in us.
Think iPhone"s home button will be changed to a capacitive one with haptic feedback. I want that too, hate physical button lol

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Initially yes, I was very put off by the Note's seemingly endless issues, and I still don't think I would purchase one. But I love how Samsung has handled themselves through it and, of course it's a gorgeous device.

I also have issues with Apple. But I've been hanging out with my friend's iPhone 6s plus and found myself really impressed with battery life and just simple and smooth performance. Also, I REALLY miss that app store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad