With The Note 7 Recall... Does Apple Automatically Claim The 2016 Victory?

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
As long as they have an adaptor for third party headphones they won't care and they will probably include a set of stock headphones like they do now which is what most people use anyway.
Still something proprietary for iPhone to profit on. My god, the way they weasel money out of users...

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Says you. Another person said it and it rings true, Apple will beat out the Samsung Note 7 once the iPhone 7 hits the market. It happens every year. You may not like Apple but watch and see. And this Note 7 mess surely doesn't help.
That's not what you quoted in your post. And apple, doesn't bring innovation to the table. They have been copying Android innovation for years. And years behind in everything, except, promising just. Wait and see the next release. Empty promises.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
That's not what you quoted in your post. And apple, doesn't bring innovation to the table. They have been copying Android innovation for years. And years behind in everything, except, promising just. Wait and see the next release. Empty promises.
Everything about the foundation of android is copied. I enjoy certain aspects of the platform but don't get it twisted.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I guess most of us can agree to that. But win or loss doesn't just depend on the innovation, but how they are able to make people buy their phones. .

Just like we constantly heard good reviews for LG, HTC and Sony phones, but they simply could not rake up good enough sales numbers most of the time.

How good their sales may also determine their R&D budget for the next phone to bring in more innovations

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I guess most of us can agree to that. But win or loss doesn't just depend on the innovation, but how they are able to make people buy their phones. .

Just like we constantly heard good reviews for LG, HTC and Sony phones, but they simply could not rake up good enough sales numbers most of the time.

How good their sales may also determine their R&D budget for the next phone to bring in more innovations
Apple, the most profitable phone company in history, with limited sales, compared to android platform. Comes out with the least amount of their own innovations, and literally years behind in some/most features. If I'm wrong, let me know how.
How they sell most of their phones... marketing hype... plain and simple.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Apple, the most profitable phone company in history, with limited sales, compared to android platform. Comes out with the least amount of their own innovations, and literally years behind in some/most features. If I'm wrong, let me know how.
How they sell most of their phones... marketing hype... plain and simple.
True, but have to give credit to the stability and polishness of iOS and the ecosystem too.

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
True, but have to give credit to the stability and polishness of iOS and the ecosystem too.
Ok, ecosystem, sure if that's important to an individual. Their ecosystem, means nothing to me personally. Polish, I guess that's subjective. Stability, how is it not easy to establish that, with a proverbial, one trick pony. Every model is stamped out the same as every other one, with little to no customization. And all having the exact same everything/ blandness.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Apple aficionados can claim whatever they want--I ain't ever giving up my S pen. Ever!

And a few minutes spent browsing the forums at Apple Insider will tell you everything you need to know about hardcore Apple enthusiasts.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Ok, ecosystem, sure if that's important to an individual. Their ecosystem, means nothing to me personally. Polish, I guess that's subjective. Stability, how is it not easy to establish that, with a proverbial, one trick pony. Every model is stamped out the same as every other one, with little to no customization. And all having the exact same everything/ blandness.
I dun disagree, but end of the day these might be just what a normal consumer wants, nothing we can do about it.

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I dun disagree, but end of the day these might be just what a normal consumer wants, nothing we can do about it.
Yeah, and I'm not mad at them. If they want a Toyota corolla, for the price of s Bugatti Veyron. And the next guy has a ZL1 Camaro, for the price of a good Cadillac...so be it.
Apples motto " you don't get what you pay for"

echelonmawkez

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I agree, the significant relevance is on those still on the fence right now. But in their decision-making, they still have to face the tons of features the note 7 has over the opponent, with or without battery issues (much more when Samsung succeeds in overcoming this recall and how Apple had similar/various issues in the past too).

echelonmawkez

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Everything about the foundation of android is copied. I enjoy certain aspects of the platform but don't get it twisted.

talking about foundations, all platforms are copies right? right down to when mechanical computing started (or even farther down than that). The contemporary relevance really is in the innovations in the so-called "copies", and certainly not who gets to be written down in history books as the first.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
While one of the better phones in terms of stability, the iPhone isn't the best. And it's been trending downward as both more OEMs improved and Android improved as a whole...

That the iPhone, and iOS, is more stable is mostly a marketing exercise and has been since KitKat (Nexus 5 with 4.4.2 might have been the first one to top it, if memory serves me right).

As for the ecosystem, I never really got that... iOS might have an advantage with apps in terms of overall spit and polish, but Google's services hands Apple's its lunch in terms of scope, functionality and cross platform capability. If iOS wasn't as closed off as it was, iPhone users would use more of Google's stuff... Even more than they already do.

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
While one of the better phones in terms of stability, the iPhone isn't the best. And it's been trending downward as both more OEMs improved and Android improved as a whole...

That the iPhone, and iOS, is more stable is mostly a marketing exercise and has been since KitKat (Nexus 5 with 4.4.2 might have been the first one to top it, if memory serves me right).

As for the ecosystem, I never really got that... iOS might have an advantage with apps in terms of overall spit and polish, but Google's services hands Apple's its lunch in terms of scope, functionality and cross platform capability. If iOS wasn't as closed off as it was, iPhone users would use more of Google's stuff... Even more than they already do.
Very well said. My note3 was about as stable as I could ever want. In the two years or so I had it, only one hiccup, as in it did a reset on it's own. It was absolutely flawless in performance. I was on Verizon through pageplus, running 4.4.4. The only one thing I never liked, was the s-pen. I think it was defective or something. But I didn't care really.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I was going with Note7 + iPhone 7 Plus this year, but now it'll likely only be iPhone 7 Plus. Had to hand mine over to Swisscom yesterday and there's no telling how long a replacement would take

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I must admit I am concerned about one thing. Here in Australia it is reported that new Galaxy Note 7's have already arrived.

I sincerely hope Samsung has correctly identified the faulty battery units and that the replacements are all faultless. Because the turn around of supplying new units is incredibly quick.

Should there be any more reports of phone fires and meltdowns with the new units, this will be a disaster of Titanic proportions. All industry analysts are saying the same thing, that the cause of all this fiasco is Samsung's rush to launch before the next iPhone.

I hope Samsung are not rushing again to resupply new units.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I must admit I am concerned about one thing. Here in Australia it is reported that new Galaxy Note 7's have already arrived.

I sincerely hope Samsung has correctly identified the faulty battery units and that the replacements are all faultless. Because the turn around of supplying new units is incredibly quick.

Should there be any more reports of phone fires and meltdowns with the new units, this will be a disaster of Titanic proportions. All industry analysts are saying the same thing, that the cause of all this fiasco is Samsung's rush to launch before the next iPhone.

I hope Samsung are not rushing again to resupply new units.

Where did you hear about this? Because I went into Vodafone yesterday and some of the workers didn't even know what I was talking about. The only worker that had a clue about this said it would take about 3-4 weeks for replacements.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Where did you hear about this? Because I went into Vodafone yesterday and some of the workers didn't even know what I was talking about. The only worker that had a clue about this said it would take about 3-4 weeks for replacements.

On the evening news tonight. New units are not in stores obviously, but have arrived in the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol