With The Note 7 Recall... Does Apple Automatically Claim The 2016 Victory?

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Sometime boring is good. I'm pretty simple on my Android phones and I'm a Windows phone convert.
So I only use 1 screen...maybe 2 at the most and only really change my wallpaper. So not a huge jump for me to move over to iPhone.

Again my 1st love is Windows Phone outside of being there I have zero loyalty to any manufacture.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely Apple will kill on the recent sequence of events.

After using iPhones since the 3G I switched to Android recently for a Note 7 since we were adding a line for my wife on AT&T, and it was an S7 BOGO if I exercised my available upgrade. I didn't walk into the store expecting to get a new phone, and certainly not a Samsung. I was going to stick with my 6+ until the iPhone 8 came out next year, but the BOGO was too much free stuff (256GB microSD arrives today, I think) to pass up for a year with Android to see how it goes.

Of course I've now had to exchange my Note 7 in for the S7e and await the device I wanted at some unknown future date, amounting to way more than $25 worth of hassle IMO.

Android does some things that iOS doesn't, but I don't get the religious affiliations to either ecosystem. They both have their plusses and minuses, but obviously I picked the wrong device to try out for Android, lol. The Apple ecosystem presents a smoother, cleaner experience, while Android offers ultimate customization and personalization. I'd love to see a hybrid of both that performs like iOS but offers Android's customization.

Many crossover buyers will not be so willing to stick with the Note 7 and will fly back to the iPhone 7+. Just my opinion...

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
It's just the incremental improvements in basically EVERY area in that, if you thought the 6 was solid, then the 6S, then now the 7... its just a crazy solid platform. Improved processor, upped memory, updated speakers going dual, changing the button, +1 hour longer battery, Water resistant, etc... And the same price levels as the current 6 Series! And that Jet Black is just killer lol. And Super Mario! lol.

With that said... I really like the Note 7... I want that S-pen and other features. hmm... for me it was easy Note 7 vs. 6S.... but Note 7 vs. 7 (don't like plus size), I have to really think about it and cost for me is a factor but willing to pay a little premium for Note 7. The 7 will be the most refined and sorted out phone in that body series in three years before the 8 comes out. Looks like a solid phone.

The Camera Looks Badass but thats about it for me....Dont think their leaping much in anything else....I still want my note.......And if i pop a 256 gig in my note ill be over 300gigs ......No fast charging still and no wireless charge....Dual speakers are a plus also.....Its definitely not a bad phone and alot of people who are affected by this recall def have a decision to make

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
It's just the incremental improvements in basically EVERY area in that, if you thought the 6 was solid, then the 6S, then now the 7... its just a crazy solid platform. Improved processor, upped memory, updated speakers going dual, changing the button, +1 hour longer battery, Water resistant, etc... And the same price levels as the current 6 Series! And that Jet Black is just killer lol. And Super Mario! lol.

With that said... I really like the Note 7... I want that S-pen and other features. hmm... for me it was easy Note 7 vs. 6S.... but Note 7 vs. 7 (don't like plus size), I have to really think about it and cost for me is a factor but willing to pay a little premium for Note 7. The 7 will be the most refined and sorted out phone in that body series in three years before the 8 comes out. Looks like a solid phone.

This recall really hurt them cause we're all in the position to get one at this point

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'll be pre ordering Friday. No longer on the fence. But don't worry, Samsung is still my first love and who knows what will happen in 2017. The mobile world goes up and down faster than Trump's poll numbers.

Samsung took a hit. This time next year they may be back on top.

I judge phones on a case by case basis, and right now, I need simplicity and strong performance in my life.

IPhone 7 plus it is!
Y'all realize this is a Android forum.
I don't care what Apple has..
Guess the new Apple fans will be on the Apple forums now.
What a shame.

Android has served me well.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
What a shame.

Im sleeping with a bottle of water near my bed cause my phone might blow up.....Excuse us if this situation causes mix emotions lol

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey that's good... get's their attention on exploding phones.

Man I wish the regular iPhone 7 wasn't 4.7" and more like 5.2"

That's a big negative for me.... 5.2" and I think I'd be sold much easier.

Media is really covering the IPhone.
They didn't give as much attention to the Samsung

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
...Many crossover buyers will not be so willing to stick with the Note 7 and will fly back to the iPhone 7+. Just my opinion...

NOT THIS ONE!

As a newly reformed walled garden addict, Apple cannot claim victory (although they will try). My GN7 hand warmer is far ahead of the iPhone 7 Plus in all respects except for: (1) raw processor power; and (2) dual camera capabilities (but not as far as it would seem). #1 is a nice advantage, but I have yet to feel the GN7 is "laggy" and I come form a nine year iPhone background, including the 6 and 6s Plus. As for #2, the sole advantage is 2x optical zoom, and that IS only 2x. The rest of the zoom is software enabled - probably better than tight cropping, but it is NOT a big leap forward. As for low light performance, those pictures looked no better than I am already getting on the GN7. Call me back when you can achieve 4x optical zoom or better (hint - you can't with modern physics, without internal space for folding the image between mirrors and lenses WITHIN the phone body - Apple did apply for such a patent).

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
After seeing the new iPhones, I can agree it would be tempting to switch. With most having to downgrade with a swap out, and not knowing when a new N7 will appear, moving to Apple with most of the features the N7 has is appealing. Samsung has done a great job on trying to resolve this but bad carrier info, difficult swaps and returns, and lack of follow-up release clarity will have quite a few jump over IMO. No free gift or $25 credit/gift card is going to save folks that just want a solid, reliable, and meltdown free phone.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
After seeing the new iPhones, I can agree it would be tempting to switch. With most having to downgrade with a swap out, and not knowing when a new N7 will appear, moving to Apple with most of the features the N7 has is appealing. Samsung has done a great job on trying to resolve this but bad carrier info, difficult swaps and returns, and lack of follow-up release clarity will have quite a few jump over IMO. No free gift or $25 credit/gift card is going to save folks that just want a solid, reliable, and meltdown free phone.
They have to give us some info before these preorders open up on friday....

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well I didn't get the note 7 because I wanted to wait and see what is happening on Apples and Googles devices as well. Well it looks like I'm heading back to the Fruit company as they did enough to seal the deal.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
What a shame.

I do realize that. Won't mention Apple in any other thread. This one DOES have Apple in the title though. Not to mention, we're all Smartphone fans first.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Note 7 is NOT bigger than the 6 Plus... I didn't catch the entire Apple announcement today with work... Isn't the 7 Plus the same dimension as 6 Plus? My wife has the 6 Plus and I can't stand the size.

If you tell me the 7 Plus is smaller than the N7, I'm practically sold! (I wish Tim had a surprise and said the Apple pen would work! lol, that would have sealed the deal maybe)

Why is that? The Note 7 is bigger than the 7 Plus so I would think if you can handle the Note 7 you wouldn't mind the 7 Plus.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Note 7 is NOT bigger than the 6 Plus... I didn't catch the entire Apple announcement today with work... Isn't the 7 Plus the same dimension as 6 Plus? My wife has the 6 Plus and I can't stand the size.

If you tell me the 7 Plus is smaller than the N7, I'm practically sold! (I wish Tim had a surprise and said the Apple pen would work! lol, that would have sealed the deal maybe)

I am not sure on dimensions (I would have to check) but the 7 Plus screen has always been 5.5 and the Note 7 screen is 5.7