With The Note 7 Recall... Does Apple Automatically Claim The 2016 Victory?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
You got me excited there for no reason lol... the 6 Plus is 5.5... but dimensionally the 6 Plus is, to me, much wider, and taller. But she does have the apple leather case. I just don't like how big :-\ Mentioned before I can accept the Note 7 size just barely because of the whole package.

I am not sure on dimensions (I would have to check) but the 7 Plus screen has always been 5.5 and the Note 7 screen is 5.7

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Even if my Note 7 was to blow up while I was on a phone call with the device next to my head, I still wouldn't want to trade the Note 7 for the new iPhone.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
That video, is the most convoluted, bunch of double talk, marketing hype, one could ever imagine.
Whoever can't see that, is the very definition, of sheeple.

They even said it has the best display on a smartphone lol. Meanwhile the rumour is that they love amoled so much they're switching to it next year. So much for best display.

lions_lair99

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
They even said it has the best display on a smartphone lol. Meanwhile the rumour is that they love amoled so much they're switching to it next year. So much for best display.
My favorite is, the second most earnings of watch manufacturers. That just means they are expensive. Putting their earnings up there with Rolex and Cartier. For a watch that never does what it promises. That's encouraging. (Insert sarcasm).

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
What the truth is, is less important than what the consumers believe or think. Unfortunately, this is a battle which Samsung shot themselves in the foot. Already, we can see many Note 7 users wanted to change phone, it will be even harder to attract new users who probably will wait to confirm there is no more issues, or jump to other phones if they can't wait.

We better pray the battery issue will be solved after the exchange is over. If fire cases continue to occur, it will be the final nail in Note 7's coffin.

As someone said earlier, the recall is of a voluntary nature. What happens when a bunch of people don't bother exchanging their phones and by chance a couple of those units meltdown. Can you imagine the media reporting? The details will be overlooked, no one will care that it was a recalled phone that wasn't exchanged. All the media will do will hound this issue to death.

This is why in my opinion it is almost criminal for anyone to hang on to their phone with their "I'm alright Jack" mentality.

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I didn't catch all of the release but looks to be the same phone they have released 3 times now. The piano black looks nice but I'll stick with my note.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Note 7 is NOT bigger than the 6 Plus... I didn't catch the entire Apple announcement today with work... Isn't the 7 Plus the same dimension as 6 Plus? My wife has the 6 Plus and I can't stand the size.

If you tell me the 7 Plus is smaller than the N7, I'm practically sold! (I wish Tim had a surprise and said the Apple pen would work! lol, that would have sealed the deal maybe)

The Iphone 7 plus dimensions are 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm its still bigger than the note 7 by a good amount the note 7 dimensions are 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm. Im not a fan of apple but for the phone to be bigger with a smaller battery and smaller screen does not make sense. At the same time Im not that hype on the note 7 anymore either. for a 900 tax included device I rather have Huawei Mate 9 - Full phone specifications if it launches in the US

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope not brand new ones they are factory refurbished. I just had that talk at Verizon.

I would wait till the exchange comes. When it comes they have to tell you if it is a refurbished phone or "open box". They can't sell it as if it was a brand new phone without telling you.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
You know the more I think about it. SS better come out with a way to identify if a phone was part of the recall or the used market for these phones will be crap. Buyer beware...check the IME or serial number before buying used. Heck even if I want to pick up a N7 later after returning mine I wont buy a used one.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
The Iphone 7 plus dimensions are 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm its still bigger than the note 7 by a good amount the note 7 dimensions are 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9 mm. Im not a fan of apple but for the phone to be bigger with a smaller battery and smaller screen does not make sense. At the same time Im not that hype on the note 7 anymore either. for a 900 tax included device I rather have Huawei Mate 9 - Full phone specifications if it launches in the US

The plus is rather large for the screen size.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The plus is rather large for the screen size.

I know the 6s Plus in a otterbox Defender case is huge. I like big phones, but this thing is just way big in a Defender to the point I wouldn't want to carry the thing in my pocket. The Note 7 is perfect size I think for me. With a sturdy case it's bulky but not totally overboard like the Iphone 6 plus/6s plus is. Granted I'd take it over my S7 I'm using right now because I don't trust using my Note 7 and I need a swap ASAP! The screen on my S7 is tiny and is driving me nuts. I got the S7 because I wanted something smaller, but after awhile it just isn't working. I need a big screen.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
But Apple still made it look as it always has, a home button. Nice thing about Android is with the back and recents button, you can't see it but you know it's there.
For me it's more on the usage rather than the look for this. I actually like other android phone's soft buttons too, but Samsung just refused to ditch the physical button. Physical button has a slight lag when returning to home screen, not to mention it can break down from wear and tear.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
For me it's more on the usage rather than the look for this. I actually like other android phone's soft buttons too, but Samsung just refused to ditch the physical button. Physical button has a slight lag when returning to home screen, not to mention it can break down from wear and tear.

The physical home button is what sets samsung apart from the other makers If they remove it I will probably jump ship I love the physical home button

Shoryuken

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not even a die hard user. the N7 is my first ever after a long line of Blackberrys. I'm still not worried. It's alright to give a phone a second chance before damning the company to hell and slating it as never 'winning' for the year again.

At the end of the day, they are still just phones. It's not that deep.

Hey, me too, bought a N7 after the Priv, Classic, Q10, Bold 9900, 9700, Pearl... Haha...

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I think so. Its very embarrassing that you have to recall products that are catching on fire that you keep close to your head. f that lol plus its expensive and a staple phone. pretty amateur stuff. iphone did have the bending problem with the iphone 6 but to catch on fire thats ridiculous and an endangerment to all customers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy