There's a lot of threads about people who have bought Note 7's and all the recall fiasco. I was wondering how many people who haven't bought this phone plan on doing so but waiting a little and riding out the initial batch of units?

I myself have a Galaxy S5 which is working perfectly and I might consider next year's Note 8. But I can say this. That if I personally was looking to buy the Note 7, I would wait at least till November for Samsung to sort out troublesome initial batch units. And not just battery issues, but inconsistent performance reports, lag, random reboots etc.

Anyone else feel the same who hasn't bought the Note 7 but plans to?
    09-06-2016 02:28 AM
    I am personally waiting for two Note7s which I have preordered right before Samsung accounced the recall.
    I am not going to cancel the preorder though as I think that the new batch will have 0 issues as they totally cannot afford to release another 1, 2, 3 million devices, some of them ment to replace the current phones, with other software/hardware bugs so I see no reason of waiting an additional month or two.
    09-06-2016 02:36 AM
    i gave up on the Note 7, was on the fence as i have S7E, and with root i can get the software it has, so far a few issues but it's working blazing fast.

I might get LG V20 or another big phone, the S7E is too small for me and the Note 7 isn't improvement at all.
    09-06-2016 03:02 AM
    Unless you have another phone to use while waiting to get a latter batch of replacements, you would be taking a safety risk with your current N7. In that case, I wouldn't do it.
    09-06-2016 04:58 AM
    Already turned in my N7. Whether I get another is depending on the new releases. I don't think I am going to jump back in so quick.
    09-06-2016 05:08 AM
    Im indecisive. Waiting on Apple's announcement on Sept. 7th.
    Tarah Sorber likes this.
    09-06-2016 07:28 AM
    Can people wait that long? Best Buy said I can swap when they get replacement Note 7s in, but seems all are stating that this is good through September only (presuming stock is there to cover by then).

The battery issue "will" be fixed, but the radio reception for LTE is bugging me. Everything else IMO rocks about the Note 4 (besides the crack magnet design). The one device I see is the new LG launching today, but unless that is super duper amazing, I will probably stick with the Note 7 (98%).
    09-06-2016 08:01 AM
    There's a lot of threads about people who have bought Note 7's and all the recall fiasco. I was wondering how many people who haven't bought this phone plan on doing so but waiting a little and riding out the initial batch of units?

I myself have a Galaxy S5 which is working perfectly and I might consider next year's Note 8. But I can say this. That if I personally was looking to buy the Note 7, I would wait at least till November for Samsung to sort out troublesome initial batch units. And not just battery issues, but inconsistent performance reports, lag, random reboots etc.

Anyone else feel the same who hasn't bought the Note 7 but plans to?
    I hardly call this a recall "fiasco", it has been delightfully executed so far.
    09-06-2016 08:44 AM
    I am waiting to see what iPhone 7 has to offer but honestly it's not even going to be close to the note 7. I've been waiting for Apple to update their screen resolution and maybe lessen their bezels. Also would like to see pro mode for the camera.
    09-06-2016 10:31 AM