Note 7 secure folder problem

Roberta Bronnenburg

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone help me figure out my Note 7 secure folder problem? Whenever I try to access the secure folder, I get an "Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped" error. This only occurs when trying to unlock my secure folder. They keyboard works fine on all other apps. I have tried a hard reset, wiping the cache and installing a different keyboard all to no effect (it appears that the secure folder is locked into using the Samsung keyboard, even if a different one is indicated as default for the system, it automatically tries to choose the Samsung keyboard and then crashes) Anyone have any ideas short of a total factory reset?

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Does this problem happen after you have already set-up your secure folder (basically the knox installation)? Or is this you just tapping on the secure folder icon before setting it up?

Roberta Bronnenburg

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I did try it with other keyboards, but I get the same Samsung keyboard message whenever I try to open the secure folder. It never gives me the opportunity to type in a password

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it works with other keyboards which makes it the most secure.

Hmm, I don't have a solution other than clearing the cache.

Erik Drakon

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
i have the same problem, i was trying to figure out which app is the apk to clear the cache looking for secure folder in all app including system did not work

cujo2344

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
you have to go under the setting in the secure folder and go to the app manager in there. The apps are partitioned.

Clear the data and cache from the samsung keyboard under those settings.

roblord243

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Nope, can't do anything with it. Oh well, I'm getting ready to trade it in for a new one anyway. I'll use gallery lock to secure my stuff next time...

Gunny Fitz

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
What is really confusing the hell outta me is exactly how does one move photos from either your Gallery or "photos" into this Secure Folder?

Ive tried just about everything possible but can't get it done, read everything I could find and still can't find a good "Step by Step" guide or even use the Micro SD card itself to act as a go between ? (Hate to admit it, but i cannot even figure out how to move "Special Photos" to the SD card either!

Anyone who's owned the Galaxy S5 will remember the "Safe Mode" where we could simply do all of the above without any hassle? I always believed that if it aint broke, don't go fixing it - and that system to me worked perfectly (And easily too!) So here I am. Stuck on this "Secure" issue! LOL.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
What is really confusing the hell outta me is exactly how does one move photos from either your Gallery or "photos" into this Secure Folder?

Ive tried just about everything possible but can't get it done, read everything I could find and still can't find a good "Step by Step" guide or even use the Micro SD card itself to act as a go between ? (Hate to admit it, but i cannot even figure out how to move "Special Photos" to the SD card either!

Anyone who's owned the Galaxy S5 will remember the "Safe Mode" where we could simply do all of the above without any hassle? I always believed that if it aint broke, don't go fixing it - and that system to me worked perfectly (And easily too!) So here I am. Stuck on this "Secure" issue! LOL.

Secure Folder is the same as "Privacy Mode" from the Note Edge. Unlock the folder> go to the gallery of pics you want to lock. Either select the gallery or the individual pic and press the three dots at the top right corner of the phone. Select "Move to Secure Folder".

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
One more thing because I ran into this issue. The gallery of pics can NOT have the same exact name as an existing gallery of pics.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

First set up your secure folder then go back to the gallary or album long press to check the ideam you want to move go up to the right hand corner 3 dots and select move to secure folder

Hhsrobertom1

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone help me figure out my Note 7 secure folder problem? Whenever I try to access the secure folder, I get an "Unfortunately, Samsung keyboard has stopped" error. This only occurs when trying to unlock my secure folder. They keyboard works fine on all other apps. I have tried a hard reset, wiping the cache and installing a different keyboard all to no effect (it appears that the secure folder is locked into using the Samsung keyboard, even if a different one is indicated as default for the system, it automatically tries to choose the Samsung keyboard and then crashes) Anyone have any ideas short of a total factory reset?
So i had the same problem and i had tried everything. And i did something that finally worked. So when you receive a notification from a app inside the secure folder on your notification pull downbar. Hold it until it all turns blue. I will then give you the option to type your password and to open secure folder. Then you can assess the folder.Then download google keyboard. After installed Open up settings ans change keyboard to google keyboard. This will allow you to type while you do the next step. Go to application manager. Find where it says samsung keyboard and clear data and force stop. And walla you get your samsung keyboard back.

Colonial Generators

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
1 Attach a bluetooth or usb keyboard to your phone.
2. When you get to the pw screen for the secure folder the external keyboard will allow you to enter the pw.
2a. I would download another keyboard app.
3. Once you gain access to the secure folder add the new keyboard app to the secure folder.
3a. It's a pita because the samsung keyboard will keep flashing.
4.Launch the new keyboard app.
5. Once it launches you will then set that one as the default keyboard for the secure folder.

This should solve all your problems. But have to say a complete waste of time. Samsung should have a patch because the secure folder is a great idea and awesome feature but there is very little help on the topic thus far. Hope this helps!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci