Iris Scanner issues

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
So lately while attempting to unlock my phone using the finger print scanner, the iris Scanner starts and scans without even me prompting me it to. On several occasions I have noticed that it will even Unlock my phone without my Eyes being lined up in the circles or target area. Has anyone ever experienced this? I am thinking this is not good.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The circles are just for show or a fun layout, which there are different to customize...What I noticed is that as long as your eyes are visible within the eye scanner screen area it will unlock if the infrared gets a clear scan of the eyes. There really isnt a "target area" per se.

If it bothers you though, just turn of the iris scanner for the lockscreen...personally I only use mine for secure folder and to access my samsung account...I use fingerprint for the lockscreen

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Already turned off. Last night my eyes were not even on the screen... Should have mentioned before. As for the circles... The phone will not unlock if they are not lined up when I do intentionally use it