Price drop due to recall?

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I was going to purchase the note 7, but was hesitant with the price tag. With this massive recall, do you think Samsung should/would drop the price tag on the Note 7? It seems really high!

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I doubt they will reduce the retail price. I would expect they will continue the promotions and maybe sweeten them a bit.

nrvna76

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been curious why some seem to think the note was overpriced. Isn't it priced the same as an iPhone 6S plus 64gb? I've been holding off for the iPhone announcement but now am hoping they reinstate the freebies that I missed if I go that route.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
i think $864 is way over priced for a cell phone. i think $599 is a fair price.

Yes 599 is fair for a cell phone so is 864 if it has more. That's why they have cell phones cheaper or more expensive then your fair price. If 864 is to much then look for phones at the 599 price range. There are many. Some of the features available on the note 7 are available on other models but maybe not all the features. Each feature cost more to add. Which is why apple won't have an SD card slot anytime soon. They don't want to pay someone else to add this feature. For each his/her own.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Btw I this 100k is way to much for a car, by if I had it I would buy a Tesla without blinking an eye

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes 599 is fair for a cell phone so is 864 if it has more. That's why they have cell phones cheaper or more expensive then your fair price. If 864 is to much then look for phones at the 599 price range. There are many. Some of the features available on the note 7 are available on other models but maybe not all the features. Each feature cost more to add. Which is why apple won't have an SD card slot anytime soon. They don't want to pay someone else to add this feature. For each his/her own.
I doubt that's the reason iPhone's don't have an sd slot. If rumors are true and they increase the base memory to 32 gigs while keeping the phone price the same it will go to just how cheap small upgrades are. Memory is the biggest money maker for these phone manufactors, but one of the cheapest expenses when building phones.

Captpt

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure there will be plenty of cheap refurbs available in the near future.

Never thought of that!!!
I love my Edge 7 but always loved my Notes, my faith in Samsung hasn't waivered, if anything this will tightened up R&D and QC even more.
I'm honestly surprised it took this long to have a issue like this with a high end phone, the way they develop, build and release these so fast to beat the competition is pretty amazing.

chriskwarren

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
The price won't come down initially.

The law of supply and demand will be our friends here...less of these Notes (and possibly even other Samsungs) will sell due to poor reputation. Problem is, Samsung will have some pent-up demand in the short-term, due to some folks not knowing, or understanding that the issue has been resolved. Once this pent-up demand is met, and inventories start to build up, the prices will fall (unless Samsung decides to limit production).

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Lowering the prices on the heels of a recall would be like admitting they still have an inferior product. I don't see that happening that soon. I agree that promotions are the way to go. Honestly, if I was Samsung, I would make the consumer wait 90 days of active Note7 service before handing out freebies. There are a lot of greedy people out there trying to jump phone to phone just to get free stuff.

True_RL

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question but here it goes:

I've recently switched from being an iPhone user to my first Note 7 (thank you, Im very proud of myself). With that said, I have always bought my iPhones outright and had a great return when I sold them.

What does my return look like when reselling a Samsung device when it's time to sell. (Lets say, a year from now). How does it compare?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Samsung would be Stupid to cut the price just because of this.

The nicer we want phones and the more things they do, the more they will cost.
These phones are like mini computers.
You talk on them, text on them. Get on the internet with them.
They keep records for you.
Wake you up.
Got maps to take you everywhere.
Wake you up.

What can you do without your phone today.
How much do you depend on your phone.
And how fast do they operate.

Go in business for yourself and a lot of the questions would be answered on will Samsung come down on the prices from this mishap.
It is gonna hurt Samsung.
And them cutting the prices on the phones would not help them.
People and companies go in Business to make money.
When you stop making money. Its time to do something else.
This might be hard for a lot of people to realize because a lot of people want something for free.

Its very unfortunate that this happened. But with the fast pace of life we live in. Things like this is gonna slip threw the crack.
I'm sure the Battery mfg is gonna really hurt from this trying to underbid other companies to get the contract for the phone by making a cheaper battery.
Samsung will also make changes in the future from this loss that hit them after one big selling phone just come out.

This is my 1st note. And I really , really like it.
I can be patient and wait for another one to come out.
I'm just taking a little precaution charging my phone.
Other than that I'm using it just like the day I bought it.
I got a lot of the Data backed up on my computer with smart switch , just in case I might loose something.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Electronics America Online Store - Samsung Certified Pre-owned Phones

I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question but here it goes:

I've recently switched from being an iPhone user to my first Note 7 (thank you, Im very proud of myself). With that said, I have always bought my iPhones outright and had a great return when I sold them.

What does my return look like when reselling a Samsung device when it's time to sell. (Lets say, a year from now). How does it compare?

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Holidays are coming up and they've lost momentum. If they want to salvage anything from this year, they'll have to be aggressive in pricing and I am hoping that retailers will be allowed to discount $100 or you know they'll be agressively offering sales like continue bundle with sd card or something.

Holidays is the time of year to make money.

Also we'll see if the fixed ones will show up in their samsung certified pre-owned site and for how much.

I doubt they will reduce the retail price. I would expect they will continue the promotions and maybe sweeten them a bit.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

It would be nice if they included something in the new phones as a Bonus.
But if I can get a new phone with a Good battery. And the color I want which is Silver.
I would be happy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon