I'm Curious, do you think Samsung will rename the Note to try and distance themselves and people associating the name "Note" from this "issue"?? Corvair, Pinto and Gremlin are a few that come to mind
    Nicknames can stick to items and I'm sure reviewers, critics and obviously the Apple Fanboys will be firing them out nonstop for quite sometime lol..
    09-06-2016 08:17 PM
    I'm Curious, do you think Samsung will rename the Note to try and distance themselves and people associating the name "Note" from this "issue"?? Corvair, Pinto and Gremlin are a few that come to mind
    Nicknames can stick to items and I'm sure reviewers, critics and obviously the Apple Fanboys will be firing them out nonstop for quite sometime lol..
    Well considering RIM changed its name to BlackBerry and how they Still get turned away by the market, I'd say a New name is not going to fix it. Memories last forever and from all the news, consumers will still be scared.
    09-06-2016 08:22 PM
    There is already a Note 8, it is a Tablet.

Anyway, how about the Samsung Galaxy Write 8?
    09-06-2016 08:30 PM
    Yeah. That's more along the lines of the question I have. How will they differentiate between the Note 8 tablet and the next generation Note phablet?
    09-06-2016 09:11 PM
    By ending the series at 7
    Captpt likes this.
    09-06-2016 09:14 PM
    Well considering RIM changed its name to BlackBerry and how they Still get turned away by the market, I'd say a New name is not going to fix it. Memories last forever and from all the news, consumers will still be scared.
    And if this were 2009 most of us here probably would be using Blackberries right now.
    09-06-2016 09:29 PM
    Give it a rest. This is not that big a deal. A relatively small number of bad batteries, Samsung does the honorable thing and they are getting crushed in this forum.
    This will be long forgotten and Samsung will continue to come up with really innovative phones that we all love to use.
    09-06-2016 09:45 PM
    True a lot of companies already have a "note" product. Not sure if they'll rename the galaxy note seties thoughave. I'm quite curious to find out what Samsung will do to the note 8.
    Cappaccinodagreat likes this.
    09-06-2016 09:51 PM
    I hope this does not mean that we will loose the S-pen. That would be awful!
    09-06-2016 11:05 PM
    Without hesitation, no.

Samsung honors it's branding strategy.

Remarkable to the "Note" is the Note, the ability to unsheath the S pen.

The product line name will not change .
    09-06-2016 11:17 PM
    I just wonder how many notes there will be. Imagine if the note never ended....samsung galaxy note 1,000.000 lol
    09-06-2016 11:19 PM
    Not so much in electronics imho, this will be old news by the time the GS8 is announced. Unlike the pinto and corvair, consumer advocacy groups didn't intervene to right the wrongs. If this had turned into a scandal I would agree with you. Instead Samsung said whelp we effed up send them back.
    09-06-2016 11:24 PM
    Not so much in electronics imho, this will be old news by the time the GS8 is announced. Unlike the pinto and corvair, consumer advocacy groups didn't intervene to right the wrongs. If this had turned into a scandal I would agree with you. Instead Samsung said whelp we effed up send them back.
    This perspective is not supported within the Note 7 home markets in Asia - nearly all early adopters there are expected to turn in their Note 7's and receive their "2.0" note 7's
    09-06-2016 11:38 PM