09-21-2016 07:43 AM
34 12
tools
    Lol I'm so used to having phones that have a black screen when the screen is off that it's hard to ignore the AOD when I have it on lol. I'll walk around my house and pass my phone and look cause I'm not used to it yet lol. My mom came over and asked me what wrong with my phone when she walked by it. She said does the thing ever go off lol. I just said it's the always on display. She refuses to leave her old flip phone cause she finds smartphones to complicated. Lol.
    09-06-2016 10:28 PM
    Lol
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-06-2016 10:45 PM
    Lol
    What can i say?! This beautiful blue coral note 7 knows how to get my attention lol.
    09-06-2016 11:14 PM
    I'm surprised I actually miss it. When I first got the phone I didn't think I would even care about the AOD . Lol
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-07-2016 12:57 AM
    I'm surprised I actually miss it. When I first got the phone I didn't think I would even care about the AOD . Lol
    Lol I thought it would get on my nerves but it actually doesn't. So far lol. Glad to know that I can turn it off if it ever does. Only time I turn it off is when I go to bed. You said you are surprised that you miss it, did you return yours for the recall?
    09-07-2016 01:04 AM
    You do know that ALWAYS ON will burn a permanent image on your AMOLED screen after a while, right? I had a permanent bar (faded bluish color) across where the Notification Bar is on my old Note 2 after 2 years and I have it now on my 2 year old Note 4.
    09-07-2016 01:08 AM
    You do know that ALWAYS ON will burn a permanent image on your AMOLED screen after a while, right? I had a permanent bar (faded bluish color) across where the Notification Bar is on my old Note 2 after 2 years and I have it now on my 2 year old Note 4.
    I thought they had it set to move every time you shut the phone screen off to prevent that on the note 7?
    09-07-2016 01:24 AM
    This 'Always On' is one the best features in a smartphone & takes full advantage of the AMOLED display architecture (by illuminating only the required LEDs & switching off the rest). There is not at all a 'burn image' problem with this feature, as some people would think of or complain. You can also toggle a setting which will keep changing the position of the 'Always On' contents on the screen.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-07-2016 01:37 AM
    No. This 'burn image' issue is not true at all. The 'Always On' display itself takes full advantage of the AMOLED screen & it also keeps changing the position, when the setting is turned on, if you are worried about a hypothetical 'burn image' problem
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-07-2016 01:40 AM
    This 'Always On' is one the best features in a smartphone & takes full advantage of the AMOLED display architecture (by illuminating only the required LEDs & switching off the rest). There is not at all a 'burn image' problem with this feature, as some people would think of or complain. You can also toggle a setting which will keep changing the position of the 'Always On' contents on the screen.
    Thanks. I thought so😊
    09-07-2016 01:49 AM
    Lol I thought it would get on my nerves but it actually doesn't. So far lol. Glad to know that I can turn it off if it ever does. Only time I turn it off is when I go to bed. You said you are surprised that you miss it, did you return yours for the recall?
    Yes I've already returned mine and went back to my note 5 for the time being . I'm treating my note 5 like a step child now that I got to experience the 7. Lol
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-07-2016 02:54 AM
    I thought they had it set to move every time you shut the phone screen off to prevent that on the note 7?
    Yeah it moves around the screen. First time mine moved I thought my phone was broken until I looked it up. Lol
    Jewels81 and audri5 like this.
    09-07-2016 02:56 AM
    Yes I've already returned mine and went back to my note 5 for the time being . I'm treating my note 5 like a step child now that I got to experience the 7. Lol
    Lol yeah I still have my note 5 too and feels weird holding the note 5 after having the note 7. It's like wow and i thought the note 5 felt good I'm my hand but the note 7 is much better in the hand lol.
    09-07-2016 03:09 AM
    Yeah it moves around the screen. First time mine moved I thought my phone was broken until I looked it up. Lol
    Lol yeah me too. I knew it moved I just really meant that as a statement cause that one person was making it sound like it just sat in one spot all the time when it don't. Unless you never wake your phone lol.
    09-07-2016 03:12 AM
    Lol yeah me too. I knew it moved I just really meant that as a statement cause that one person was making it sound like it just sat in one spot all the time when it don't. Unless you never wake your phone lol.
    That's great that. Do forgive my ignorance, proud owner of Note 4, awaiting my delayed pre-ordered Note 7 so I am WITH you, not against you. Just a little, envious?
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-07-2016 04:45 AM
    That's great that. Do forgive my ignorance, proud owner of Note 4, awaiting my delayed pre-ordered Note 7 so I am WITH you, not against you. Just a little, envious?
    Lol. It's all good. We all are still learning how the note 7 works😊 oh I know the wait probably driving you nuts like it did me haha. It will come and most likely will have a safer battery lol. Sad to see this one go but at least the new one will be safer. *fingers crossed*
    09-07-2016 04:55 AM
    The wait for Note 7 is killing. Want to experience the AOD on Note 7
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-07-2016 04:56 AM
    The wait for Note 7 is killing. Want to experience the AOD on Note 7
    Hope you get it soon. It's awesome.
    09-07-2016 05:00 AM
    No it won't it moves around the screen
    09-07-2016 07:02 AM
    I'm loving the AOD as well. I do wish it was interactive like Moto display (I'm coming from a MXPE) but this is definitely a nice alternative. I too catch myself looking at my phone since Moto display typically appeared when there was a notification so that has been tough getting used to. I was going to suggest we post our AOD screenshots but tried it myself and realized its not possible. I'm rocking a blue large hour digit config.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-07-2016 07:59 AM
    I'm loving the AOD as well. I do wish it was interactive like Moto display (I'm coming from a MXPE) but this is definitely a nice alternative. I too catch myself looking at my phone since Moto display typically appeared when there was a notification so that has been tough getting used to. I was going to suggest we post our AOD screenshots but tried it myself and realized its not possible. I'm rocking a blue large hour digit config.
    Lol yeah I got a picture of my 2 cats on mine. You can take a pic if you have another phone to take a picture of it and post it on here. I know not everyone has a back up phone tho.
    09-07-2016 01:32 PM
    How so? I'm considering a slightly reluctant switch to a Note 7 and AOS is on my list of potentially useless apps/features to be disabled ASAP.
    09-08-2016 12:47 AM
    I'm glad people like it but I turned mine off. Didn't see the point tbh
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-08-2016 06:14 AM
    It's nice if you jot down a quick note...you can pin it to the AOD so it's "in your face" so to speak. It stays on the screen for an hour so think heading out to the grocery store and jotting down the items you need. Or running errands...listing out what you need to do while out. I use the calendar version of AOD and it's nice to see what I have on the schedule for the day. I don't use the calendar ALL the time so for the few legit appointments I have it's nice.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    09-08-2016 07:59 AM
    It's nice if you jot down a quick note...you can pin it to the AOD so it's "in your face" so to speak. It stays on the screen for an hour so think heading out to the grocery store and jotting down the items you need. Or running errands...listing out what you need to do while out. I use the calendar version of AOD and it's nice to see what I have on the schedule for the day. I don't use the calendar ALL the time so for the few legit appointments I have it's nice.
    Okay, I have my Urbane for that. All on my wrist
    09-08-2016 08:41 AM
34 12