09-08-2016 11:12 AM
81 1234
tools
    I don't buy it. There seem to be too many logic faults in the story. Anyone own a Jeep and want to chime in on how it's power system works? I suspect it's like most cars on that if you turn off the engine, or take the keys out it cuts off power to the cigarette lighter, and nothing would charge from there. I'm thinking the guy and/or his wife heard about the Note battery incident and decided to commit insurance fraud. I seriously doubt he left the keys in the car, his engine running, his Note charging, and been oblivious or choosing to ignore the charging warnings that had been in the news and notified to him by Samsung and his carrier.
    My wrangler can keep charging once I turn off the ignition. I can also continue to listen to the radio once I pull out the key if I choose.
    09-08-2016 05:12 AM
    Every Jeep I have owned does this,so because this guy's jeep is his pride and joy and he has sunk a lot of cash into (which by the way thousands of Jeep owners do the same thing including myself) his story is fishy to some here... Sheese some people need to get out more...

Until Samsung issues a statement to turn these phones off and not use then, we're going to see more stories just like this.. and they have been lucky so far.. The first major accident/death from this will will cost them more than telling folks to do this.. But I find it strange that people here think that everyone is lying about this... And just out for a quick buck.. Very strange
    The story is fishy because he just concluded it's the note 7. How does he know this and know it's not one his modifications that caused a fire?
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-08-2016 05:38 AM
    The story is fishy because he just concluded it's the note 7. How does he know this and know it's not one his modifications that caused a fire?
    Oh for the love....
    libra89 likes this.
    09-08-2016 05:40 AM
    I just watched this on the news this morning. The phone is a melted mass so not sure if it was a note 7 but he seemed to be upset about the loss of his vehicle. He also said he had no issues with the phone up until that point. He only had it 4 days. This is the kind of information that's helpful. Did all of them happen in the first week or so of charging? Just because the phone has been out for 2 1/2 weeks doesn't mean everyone has had them for that long and battery failure could be early on. That would give some of us a little relief until replacements can get here. I may go trade out today because I just can't stand having this great phone that I'm scared of. There is literally nothing else I want but with no one knowing when the new ones will arrive I just can't keep worrying.
    4 days, that means he would have bought the phone on Friday after they had all been recalled.
    09-08-2016 05:51 AM
    The video link is posted on here somewhere. But he says he didn't know about the recall and it clearly said he had it 4 days. He also said he was getting the run around from the manufacturer. But honestly anybody who called their carrier on Friday can tell you how uninformed they were, so it's possible he bought it early in the morning.
    09-08-2016 06:20 AM
    The video is on the article page on top St. Pete family says Jeep totaled by exploding Note 7 - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay If he had it 4 days, means he bought it after the recall announcement and after all the stores stopped selling it. It's still possible he bought it from some smaller cell phone retailer who didn't stop selling it. The incident needs to be investigated to determine the true cause of the fire.

The video link is posted on here somewhere. But he says he didn't know about the recall and it clearly said he had it 4 days. He also said he was getting the run around from the manufacturer. But honestly anybody who called their carrier on Friday can tell you how uninformed they were, so it's possible he bought it early in the morning.
    09-08-2016 07:21 AM
    One of the modifications? Seriously? You really don't know much about Jeeps or anything else automotive do you... Lol
    jj2339 likes this.
    09-08-2016 07:59 AM
    Please tell me people are kidding when they say Apple was involved...
    09-08-2016 08:09 AM
    No don't but you know faulty wiring can cause fire right? Wiring, electronics are not automotive.

One of the modifications? Seriously? You really don't know much about Jeeps or anything else automotive do you... Lol
    09-08-2016 08:15 AM
    I'm using my Note 7 from Verizon, but staying present while it charges. I'm actually ordering an iPhone 7 for the time being, going to use it for the 2 weeks until September 30th, when I'll return my Note 7. Hopefully, I'll get a safe Note 7 and return my iPhone 7 all in the same day!
    09-08-2016 08:29 AM
    No don't but you know faulty wiring can cause fire right? Wiring, electronics are not automotive.
    Faulty wiring...? The blaming the victim vs putting the blame entirely on Samsung game your playing is pathetic.

He pointed out the engine mods he was most proud of.. A bored out Hemi engine is a major upgrade along with everything else.. Exhaust system, suspension, wheels and tires.. You can really drop a ton of money into doing something like this and as a gear head and Jeep lover myself I know just how much money can be involved and the source of pride it gives.. BTW.. I don't know too many people who will **** with the wiring or the wiring harness on late model Jeeps.. Engine mods usually only requires a simple flashing of the computer or replacing the module same for replacing the audio head units.. Most are plug and play..
    09-08-2016 08:29 AM
    I'm still using my Verizon Note 7 until the replacements come in. I do wireless charging only and it barely gets warm when charging. For sure, I am charging where I can monitor it and for sure, not doing anything to overheat the phone (like the Gear VR), just to be on safe side. But I am using it as the daily driver for sure.
    09-08-2016 08:33 AM
    Not blaming anyone, but we don't know what really happened. He is pointing fingers at samsung but until the investigation is done, we won't know.

Faulty wiring...? The blaming the victim vs putting the blame entirely on Samsung game your playing is pathetic.

He pointed out the engine mods he was most proud of.. A bored out Hemi engine is a major upgrade along with everything else.. Exhaust system, suspension, wheels and tires.. You can really drop a ton of money into doing something like this and as a gear head and Jeep lover myself I know just how much money can be involved and the source of pride it gives.. BTW.. I don't know too many people who will **** with the wiring or the wiring harness on late model Jeeps.. Engine mods usually only requires a simple flashing of the computer or replacing the module same for replacing the audio head units.. Most are plug and play..
    09-08-2016 08:34 AM
    Not blaming anyone, but we don't know what really happened. He is pointing fingers at samsung but until the investigation is done, we won't know.
    Right... Like no one on this thread is saying he's lying or they doubt his story...
    09-08-2016 08:37 AM
    I doubt this story but that doesn't mean anything, it is my opinion and you have yours. Until an investigation occurs and the cause is determined, none of it matters.

Right... Like no one on this thread is saying he's lying or they doubt his story...
    09-08-2016 08:51 AM
    Google Fox 13 News in Tampa. Headline says a family's Jeep was destroyed when they left a Note 7 in the car for a few minutes. Uh oh!
    Top down in the sun I bet.
    09-08-2016 09:07 AM
    I'm still using my Verizon Note 7 until the replacements come in. I do wireless charging only and it barely gets warm when charging. For sure, I am charging where I can monitor it and for sure, not doing anything to overheat the phone (like the Gear VR), just to be on safe side. But I am using it as the daily driver for sure.
    I read somewhere that heat buildup in the battery triggers the defect and meltdown, just be aware that while wireless charging is slower, it produces more heat than non-fast charging with the USB charger. Seems better to slow charge.
    09-08-2016 09:07 AM
    4 days, that means he would have bought the phone on Friday after they had all been recalled.
    Could be "received" if it was shipped.
    09-08-2016 09:14 AM
    I read somewhere that heat buildup in the battery triggers the defect and meltdown, just be aware that while wireless charging is slower, it produces more heat than non-fast charging with the USB charger. Seems better to slow charge.
    Good advice...I noticed though my Note 7 charges much slower on wireless than my Note 5 did. I will compare battery temperature between cable charging and wireless charging and see the difference...what is a threshold for battery temperature, that is, when you should be concerned?

And about these battery issues, has it been confirmed they were using OEM chargers?
    09-08-2016 09:29 AM
    Just read a story where a house burnt down and a Note 7 may be to blame. Galaxy Note 7 May Be To Blame For S. Carolina House Fire | Androidheadlines.com
    09-08-2016 09:29 AM
    Just read a story where a house burnt down and a Note 7 may be to blame. Galaxy Note 7 May Be To Blame For S. Carolina House Fire | Androidheadlines.com
    Here is a better source for this story: Recalled Samsung Note 7 possible cause of Horry County house fir - WMBFNews.com, Myrtle Beach/Florence SC, Weather
    anon(5002059) likes this.
    09-08-2016 09:37 AM
    Concerning stuff.

I've shut down my Note7 and put it in the box until I get a replacement. In the meantime, I've switched over to the LG G4 temporarily.
    Be careful with that G4. I had two catch on fire. Even with the current battery issue with the Note 7, the G4 was the worst phone I ever owned. I went through so many warranty replacements for such a wide variety of reasons it was amazing.
    09-08-2016 09:39 AM
    Be careful with that G4. I had two catch on fire. Even with the current battery issue with the Note 7, the G4 was the worst phone I ever owned. I went through so many warranty replacements for such a wide variety of reasons it was amazing.
    Oh, I know all the issues the LG G4 had.

I went through one that died to the bootloop and another with a failed touchscreen and overheating issues.

Probably the most unreliable flagship I've owned.
    09-08-2016 09:50 AM
    I don't have a backup phone. I am still using mine. Will until I can swap it out. There are two I know of in AZ that did explode.yes I am concerned. Am being careful. I can trade now but there isn't a phone I like . So I have to be patient and wait on replacement phones to be available.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I agree with the person who said that if the creator says they are faulty, we should believe it. If I had not decided to keep my N4, I would have sprung for a Virgin Mobile cheapo while I waited....
    09-08-2016 09:50 AM
    I'm not sure I believe he "didn't know" about the recall... don't get me wrong, obviously the fire happened... new phone or not, who the hell puts a charging phone on their dashboard, in the sun, in florida? (side note, as pointed out by one of my local radio stations on a regular basis, a large majority of the most bizarre stories seem to come out of florida)

If the mods this guy did were all internal mods to his Jeep, then okay, there's significant loss there... but he showed the reporter engine mods and the engine looks fine to me... so he can easily take those parts off and put them back onto another motor. Too many loopholes in his story if you ask me. And more fine reporting by the people at Fox News USA... lol
    09-08-2016 10:28 AM
81 1234