Note 7 US failure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Good thing to think about in the future, is to keep a spare phone for a little while before trading it in.
What would you do if you lost your phone.
Or dropped it and broke it and it had to be sent off.
What would you do then ?

And just smoke damage in a Hotel room could cost 1400.00 to clean the smell out of the room.
And you know even then they are gonna make it more than it really cost to cover their down time of the room.

Just like buying a new car.
There are recalls and things happen.
We live in a world that is a fast pace of life.
And companies and people do things on the spur of the moment.
Everybody is trying to save money.
Sometime it comes back to bite you.

Deputy1

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Jeep destroyed by Note 7!

Google Fox 13 News in Tampa. Headline says a family's Jeep was destroyed when they left a Note 7 in the car for a few minutes. Uh oh!

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Jeep destroyed by Note 7!

Or they left fireworks in the back seat. Until the investigation is performed, you can't blame Samsung. Good thing they've issued a recall on the phones though. Before the Jeep bonfire.

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like a plan to try to get money "Nathan said his vehicle was a point of pride, telling FOX 13 News he had made many upgrades to the vehicle."

I don't know but the story seems fishy to me, like the fire was set intentionally to try to get money.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

If you need a new ride just leave your Note 7 charging while you in the mall. Samsung will get you that $25. pre paid card out right away.

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Sounds like a plan to try to get money "Nathan said his vehicle was a point of pride, telling FOX 13 News he had made many upgrades to the vehicle."

I don't know but the story seems fishy to me, like the fire was set intentionally to try to get money.
Does it really even matter if he's lying or not? Lets say Nathan worked for a McDonald's and gets fired because they find out he's gay or something along those lines. Now he goes and files a lawsuit against McDonald's and next thing you know there's 1000 others claiming the same. Rather than have the bad publicity McDonald's probably will opt the settle even without investigating each claim.

Where Samsung messed up was that they should have done a proper recall and told all users to turn there phone off and return immediately. Then they could had lessened the damage. By them not they are leaving the door open for anyone to make false claims. At the end of the day we will never know what came first, the fire from the car burning up the phone or the phone burning up the car, but there aren't any recent news of Jeep catching on fire on there on so most will assume it was the phone.

I can almost guarantee once the new phones are ready they will probably then call for a full recall. They are just scared now that if they recall people won't come back. Its not like when they recall a car, recall or not you are still stuck with it.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Seems easier to just add a link. St. Pete family's Jeep totaled by exploding Note 7 - Story | FOX 13 Tampa Bay
I wonder how solid this story is. I wonder if they're doing an investigation into the cause of the fire to confirm. I would assume so. You would think they would wait for confirmation first.

I don't buy it. There seem to be too many logic faults in the story. Anyone own a Jeep and want to chime in on how it's power system works? I suspect it's like most cars on that if you turn off the engine, or take the keys out it cuts off power to the cigarette lighter, and nothing would charge from there. I'm thinking the guy and/or his wife heard about the Note battery incident and decided to commit insurance fraud. I seriously doubt he left the keys in the car, his engine running, his Note charging, and been oblivious or choosing to ignore the charging warnings that had been in the news and notified to him by Samsung and his carrier.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

My 2011 Ford Explorer cig lighter in front console stays hot after the key is out. I can and have left my phones or mifi to charge while out of car.

I don't buy it. There seem to be too many logic faults in the story. Anyone own a Jeep and want to chime in on how it's power system works? I suspect it's like most cars on that if you turn off the engine, or take the keys out it cuts off power to the cigarette lighter, and nothing would charge from there. I'm thinking the guy and/or his wife heard about the Note battery incident and decided to commit insurance fraud. I seriously doubt he left the keys in the car, his engine running, his Note charging, and been oblivious or choosing to ignore the charging warnings that had been in the news and notified to him by Samsung and his carrier.

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

You people all sound effing crazy. Samsung is recalling 2.5 million phones at a cost of a billion plus because the phones are exploding. And now you really think that when it happens in the wild, that it is some sort of conspiracy?
Everyone is a cynic these days, unless it happens to them they won't believe it.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Yeah a lot of cars have that feature.

Every Jeep I have owned does this,so because this guy's jeep is his pride and joy and he has sunk a lot of cash into (which by the way thousands of Jeep owners do the same thing including myself) his story is fishy to some here... Sheese some people need to get out more...

Until Samsung issues a statement to turn these phones off and not use then, we're going to see more stories just like this.. and they have been lucky so far.. The first major accident/death from this will will cost them more than telling folks to do this.. But I find it strange that people here think that everyone is lying about this... And just out for a quick buck.. Very strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36