Note 7 US failure..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Jeep destroyed by Note 7!

No don't but you know faulty wiring can cause fire right? Wiring, electronics are not automotive.
Faulty wiring...? The blaming the victim vs putting the blame entirely on Samsung game your playing is pathetic.

He pointed out the engine mods he was most proud of.. A bored out Hemi engine is a major upgrade along with everything else.. Exhaust system, suspension, wheels and tires.. You can really drop a ton of money into doing something like this and as a gear head and Jeep lover myself I know just how much money can be involved and the source of pride it gives.. BTW.. I don't know too many people who will **** with the wiring or the wiring harness on late model Jeeps.. Engine mods usually only requires a simple flashing of the computer or replacing the module same for replacing the audio head units.. Most are plug and play..

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my Verizon Note 7 until the replacements come in. I do wireless charging only and it barely gets warm when charging. For sure, I am charging where I can monitor it and for sure, not doing anything to overheat the phone (like the Gear VR), just to be on safe side. But I am using it as the daily driver for sure.

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Not blaming anyone, but we don't know what really happened. He is pointing fingers at samsung but until the investigation is done, we won't know.

Faulty wiring...? The blaming the victim vs putting the blame entirely on Samsung game your playing is pathetic.

He pointed out the engine mods he was most proud of.. A bored out Hemi engine is a major upgrade along with everything else.. Exhaust system, suspension, wheels and tires.. You can really drop a ton of money into doing something like this and as a gear head and Jeep lover myself I know just how much money can be involved and the source of pride it gives.. BTW.. I don't know too many people who will **** with the wiring or the wiring harness on late model Jeeps.. Engine mods usually only requires a simple flashing of the computer or replacing the module same for replacing the audio head units.. Most are plug and play..

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Not blaming anyone, but we don't know what really happened. He is pointing fingers at samsung but until the investigation is done, we won't know.
Right... Like no one on this thread is saying he's lying or they doubt his story...

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I doubt this story but that doesn't mean anything, it is my opinion and you have yours. Until an investigation occurs and the cause is determined, none of it matters.

Right... Like no one on this thread is saying he's lying or they doubt his story...

Pluka471

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my Verizon Note 7 until the replacements come in. I do wireless charging only and it barely gets warm when charging. For sure, I am charging where I can monitor it and for sure, not doing anything to overheat the phone (like the Gear VR), just to be on safe side. But I am using it as the daily driver for sure.

I read somewhere that heat buildup in the battery triggers the defect and meltdown, just be aware that while wireless charging is slower, it produces more heat than non-fast charging with the USB charger. Seems better to slow charge.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere that heat buildup in the battery triggers the defect and meltdown, just be aware that while wireless charging is slower, it produces more heat than non-fast charging with the USB charger. Seems better to slow charge.

Good advice...I noticed though my Note 7 charges much slower on wireless than my Note 5 did. I will compare battery temperature between cable charging and wireless charging and see the difference...what is a threshold for battery temperature, that is, when you should be concerned?

And about these battery issues, has it been confirmed they were using OEM chargers?

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Concerning stuff.

I've shut down my Note7 and put it in the box until I get a replacement. In the meantime, I've switched over to the LG G4 temporarily.

Be careful with that G4. I had two catch on fire. Even with the current battery issue with the Note 7, the G4 was the worst phone I ever owned. I went through so many warranty replacements for such a wide variety of reasons it was amazing.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Be careful with that G4. I had two catch on fire. Even with the current battery issue with the Note 7, the G4 was the worst phone I ever owned. I went through so many warranty replacements for such a wide variety of reasons it was amazing.
Oh, I know all the issues the LG G4 had.

I went through one that died to the bootloop and another with a failed touchscreen and overheating issues.

Probably the most unreliable flagship I've owned.

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a backup phone. I am still using mine. Will until I can swap it out. There are two I know of in AZ that did explode.yes I am concerned. Am being careful. I can trade now but there isn't a phone I like . So I have to be patient and wait on replacement phones to be available.

Posted via the Android Central App

I agree with the person who said that if the creator says they are faulty, we should believe it. If I had not decided to keep my N4, I would have sprung for a Virgin Mobile cheapo while I waited....

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure I believe he "didn't know" about the recall... don't get me wrong, obviously the fire happened... new phone or not, who the hell puts a charging phone on their dashboard, in the sun, in florida? (side note, as pointed out by one of my local radio stations on a regular basis, a large majority of the most bizarre stories seem to come out of florida)

If the mods this guy did were all internal mods to his Jeep, then okay, there's significant loss there... but he showed the reporter engine mods and the engine looks fine to me... so he can easily take those parts off and put them back onto another motor. Too many loopholes in his story if you ask me. And more fine reporting by the people at Fox News USA... lol

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed something about charging my Note 3.
If I plug in the _original_ transformer one way the phone and the charger get warm. Rotate the transformer 180° and this does not happen. Does this occur with the 7?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Who says it was up on top of the dashboard? Look inside a Jeep grand Cherokee sometimes.. Lots of places to charge it without it being in the sun..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol