Adblock plus and UC browser =awesome!

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I was just fed up with ads and finally installed adblock plus api, internet browsing on UC browser is just flying and smooth.. Also changed the font to auto scaling, not sure if that changed anything. But the browsing is silt smooth now, even sites like CNET.com

Try it.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I did a similar thing. I disabled Chrome, used the native Samsung internet browser and downloaded and enabled Crystal ad block. Works like a charm.

pmendu

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
But with adblock plus it does everything, so may be thats why Facebook is flying too, able to scroll pages with out a break or jerkey motion, may be some flash Ads making it worse before.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I've been using my S5 for 2 years and never realised about ad blocking. Only rarely does a website come up that says "AD block detected". Forbes is one of them. Too bad, look elsewhere.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I was just fed up with ads and finally installed adblock plus api, internet browsing on UC browser is just flying and smooth.. Also changed the font to auto scaling, not sure if that changed anything. But the browsing is silt smooth now, even sites like CNET.com

Try it.

Thanks for the tip!

Do we need to root the phone for that app to work?

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Tried UC, amazingly fast and their built-in AdBlock works great. Also tried Crystal AdBlock and that too works great. I decided to use Crystal AdBlock with Samsung browser because I like certain things about it but UC is much faster imo. Thanks for the tips.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wish the app had a proper desktop view option. Seems to format all in mobile even when set to desktop in web options.

Update: I had it in zoom mode, duh! UC also has a black background option. Nice for amoled battery life. :)

Last edited:

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Any apps out there that export chrome bookmarks to UC? Or am easy universal browser boolmark exporter. My bookmarks is only thing that makes me always go back to chrome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908