09-18-2016 09:46 AM
203 ... 789
tools
    First. There was no BAN. You can take your N7 on a plane on any flight. They are not checking any flights for the types of phones being used.

I just flew to Phoenix from PVD on SW and while they did make a PSA both in the terminal and on the plane about not charging the phone or leaving it in your carry on, they didn't "ban" it.

I flew American home and procedure was almost identical.

Second - I suspect the reason it's not banned but suggested to use more caution is because of the fact they have no way to distinguish the differences between bad phones and good phones.

When Samsung forces this software update that keeps the phone from charging more than 60% (if they do that) who is going to keep it and not get it replaced?

So they keep making this announcements and suggestions until sometime in Mid October when the whole story dies down and the medoa frenzy ends.
    09-18-2016 08:20 AM
    Here is the official statement from the FAA posted on Friday

Phones must remain OFF the entire time on the plane and no charging of the phone while on the plane.

FAA Issues Airline Guidance on Recalled Devices
    09-18-2016 09:39 AM
    First. There was no BAN. You can take your N7 on a plane on any flight. They are not checking any flights for the types of phones being used.

I just flew to Phoenix from PVD on SW and while they did make a PSA both in the terminal and on the plane about not charging the phone or leaving it in your carry on, they didn't "ban" it.

I flew American home and procedure was almost identical.

Second - I suspect the reason it's not banned but suggested to use more caution is because of the fact they have no way to distinguish the differences between bad phones and good phones.

When Samsung forces this software update that keeps the phone from charging more than 60% (if they do that) who is going to keep it and not get it replaced?

So they keep making this announcements and suggestions until sometime in Mid October when the whole story dies down and the media frenzy ends.
    Nuh uhhh. That makes too much sense and is logical. How DARE you try to diminish the hyperbole and misinformation!!
    09-18-2016 09:46 AM
203 ... 789