Need some information on SmartSwitch:

1. I've read that you can cable two phones together to changeover from the old Note7 to the replacement Note7. Can any type-C to type-C cable work?

2. I've also read that the Samsung store (inside a BBY) can do this for you there. True?

Thanks for the help. Setting up a new phone is a pain. Doing it twice is a ... pain also.
    09-07-2016 01:06 PM
    I did the samsung switch by connecting note 5 to note 7 with tue note 5 cord plus note 7 adapter.
    09-07-2016 01:09 PM
    Don't. Do yourself a favor and start fresh. Every lag issue I've heard of is from smart switch users.
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    09-07-2016 01:48 PM
    I moved from my Note 5 to Note 7 via wifi. It worked like a champ.
    09-07-2016 01:48 PM

1. I've read that you can cable two phones together to changeover from the old Note7 to the replacement Note7. Can any type-C to type-C cable work?

2. I've also read that the Samsung store (inside a BBY) can do this for you there. True?

Thanks for the help. Setting up a new phone is a pain. Doing it twice is a ... pain also.
    Yes, with the proper cable you can copy from Note 7 to Note 7. If your current Note 7 is working error free that will probably be a good option for you. Its easy enough to do yourself, but people at the carriers and related stores should be able to do it for you too. If you SmartSwitch and things seem problematic afterward you can always wipe out and set it up again from scratch. Another option is to use the Samsung Cloud to backup your current phone and then restore the backup to the new phone (a lot of people on the forum seem to be planning to do that).
    09-07-2016 02:26 PM
    What is a "proper cable?" I have a C to C that I've been using with my Pixel C. Will that work? I don't want to detonate the old one with a reversed set of wires.
    09-08-2016 04:28 PM

I wouldn't use Smart Switch. Almost all the lag issues we saw on the forums were corrected when people reset their phones and set it up as new.
    09-08-2016 04:47 PM
    Don't. Do yourself a favor and start fresh. Every lag issue I've heard of is from smart switch users.
    Yes fresh start , every one loads all there old junk then bashes the phone.
    Im running without issue with clean install , its a bit of a pita to do but well worth it.
    09-08-2016 05:30 PM