Our story so far: Bought the Galaxy Note7 at a California Costco (8/20). I've heard nothing, and emailed Costco to check - Costco is usually very customer-service-oriented, and so I thought I'd hear something before now. Costco emailed me back saying they were working with Samsung to address the need to replace customer's phones, and to (essentially) 'stay tuned.'

Has anyone experienced a better response yet (or heard that one is coming)? I was surprised to learn that Costco was dealing direct with Samsung on this, and not through the carriers (although, admittedly, they are at best an agent for several carriers through the Costco store kiosk).
    09-07-2016 05:02 PM
    I heard the replacements are coming next week
    09-07-2016 06:03 PM
    Costco mailed me a notice of the recall. I am waiting on replacements to come in. Either this week or next week. I talked to guy there who has been helpful since I got it and he will call me when they get them in.
    09-07-2016 07:22 PM
    I wish costco would start a call list or something. Whenever I talk to the rep there, all I get is crap like "we don't even know if samsung is replacing them yet" or my favorite "you have to call verizon tech support".
    09-09-2016 02:51 PM
    I just got this email from costco:

This is a Costco Product Safety Alert

The Samsung Note 7 phone you've recently purchased has developed safety and potential fire issues.

Please power off your Samsung Note 7 cell phone immediately and return it to Costco for a full refund

Please contact Samsung at 1 800 SAMSUNG or http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=4bG1HMnr for further information.

I want an exchange, not a refund.
    09-09-2016 07:39 PM
    has anybody been able to get a loaner phone from Costco? My store told me yesterday I could only return it for a refund and wait or return and get the s7e.
    09-12-2016 09:46 AM
    Same here. Costco had no loaner. They suggested an S7/Edge but didn't push it. I opted to return the N7 and reactivate my S5. It's a little painful but I can hold out till the replacement N7s are out.
    09-12-2016 09:59 AM