09-08-2016 11:12 AM
90 1234
tools
    Don't you think Samsung thought this through? I am not sure, but if people on a forum are talking about it, I would think they have it covered. Possibly a serial number or IMEI distinction? There has to be a way to discern a newer good version from a defective one. There's too much marketing involved to just switch up the name.
    A serial number distinction is a great idea
    09-07-2016 09:33 PM
    Don't you think Samsung thought this through? I am not sure, but if people on a forum are talking about it, I would think they have it covered. Possibly a serial number or IMEI distinction? There has to be a way to discern a newer good version from a defective one. There's too much marketing involved to just switch up the name.
    I hope you are right.
    09-07-2016 09:33 PM
    Thank goodness they got rid of the teslas and the Toyota's
    Best point of the thread
    mmsean, lanenubia and GWaLL13 like this.
    09-07-2016 09:39 PM
    But why would they be afraid? I could walk into T-Mobile tomorrow and return it for all my money back without question.

Just saying.. Warranties do exist for a reason. This is one of them... However.. If someone doesn't feel right with the phone I say pre-order the iPhone (or buy another) and return this. At the end of the day it's what you want and what you want to live with. Not what others want or think.
    I'm not saying afraid of the phone per se but more of the phones reputation. Whether we want to admit it or not most of us are fanboys. There Apple fanboys just as well as Samsung fanboys, there are even some Bi Fanboys like myself that go both ways. Lmao. Phones like The LG V20 won't do as well as the Note 7 not because the Note 7 is way better but because most of us know there are really two top dogs, the iPhone and Samsung for Android these phones not only have the cool factor and are more mainstream but also have great development for geeks like us. Lets say the Note 7 doesn't recover and the LG V20 takes some thunder away now the Note 7 users will be Displaced between there brand loyalty and a device that is well developed for and has more support as far as accessories and updates to the latest software. We all know when a phone flops, the updates for it dry up too.
    09-07-2016 09:39 PM
    I'm not saying afraid of the phone per se but more of the phones reputation. Whether we want to admit it or not most of us are fanboys. There Apple fanboys just as well as Samsung fanboys, there are even some Bi Fanboys like myself that go both ways. Lmao. Phones like The LG V20 won't do as well as the Note 7 not because the Note 7 is way better but because most of us know there are really two top dogs, the iPhone and Samsung for Android these phones not only have the cool factor and are more mainstream but also have great development for geeks like us. Lets say the Note 7 doesn't recover and the LG V20 takes some thunder away now the Note 7 users will be Displaced between there brand loyalty and a device that is well developed for and has more support as far as accessories and updates to the latest software. We all know when a phone flops, the updates for it dry up too.
    Updates are important to an extremely small number of users. It has been studied at length. The number of people who care about updates is tiny ans insignificant....and the number who care about locked bootloaders and root are way, way less than updates. Look at downloads of time. Literally you may be talking a few thousand people out of millions of total users. Neither of these things are factors to overall phone sales.
    dsignori likes this.
    09-07-2016 09:56 PM
    If may I Add and Add-on here,.Noo! : I support the Scrap proposed by
    the OP=Original poster. Would be a diplomatic way of Samsung to avoid
    like other member said-possible Lawsuits. Stop the assablee of
    the remained lote and Move forward, with Note8--Next year
    Apple should scrap the iPhone 7.
    09-07-2016 09:58 PM
    Apple should scrap the iPhone 7.
    Second best comment of this thread ......LoL
    09-07-2016 10:06 PM
    Now I know I'm going to get flamed but with all the negative press and a unknown amount of bad note 7s out there, along with anyone with an original note 7 and damage is going to say the note 7 caused it. Samsung should just scrap the note 7 and make a Note 7 pro or a note 8 they need to call it something else to distance itself from bad models. Even when all the Replacements come it might be hesitation from many buyers or Many will choose to keep it or resale it causing more issues. I just think they need to distance themselves from this before it gets out of hand and recall the entire line ala ford with the pinto in the late 70s. Secondly I would change something on the new model so it would be obvious that it's not an original note 7. I know it's a huge loss but this can cost alot more than Samsung estimating. Now don't get me wrong I love my note 7 but I do have a blue one and who knows if it will go off or stay normal. One thing is for sure by Samsung keeping the model active they open themself up to frivolous lawsuits for sometime to come when they could just recall the model and move forward.
    Thanks for the joke post. It gave me a good laugh. lol
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-07-2016 10:07 PM
    Let the battery fires get into the 50s then the 100s samsung is hoping that its just 35 I doubt that, but just like every other recall that has over a 1 million products in its sample size if that 35 number starts to climb samsung would be paying alot more than it estimated. I hope the number stays 35 I like my note 7 and there is nothing on the market comparable but if this gets out of hand samsung could be costing itself money for no reason
    09-07-2016 10:24 PM
    I'm not calling anyone out but I honestly think some people are trying to be overly positive and push this to the side because they are afraid this Phone will flop. And we know development will already be lower than what it could be because of the locked bootloader, now if alot of users flee to another phone this phone will be might be doomed.
    Lol what are you even talking about?

Locked bootloaders don't affect anything in the real world. When people walk into a store to buy a phone, the last thing on their mind is whether or not the nerds at XDA are going to make ROMs for the phone.
    badMojo69 and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-07-2016 10:30 PM
    I hope you are right.
    You people realize that the people working at Samsung are at least half competent right?

If you could figure out a solution, rest assured that people being paid to find solutions everyday could do the same.
    Hurleygm and Shadowyugi like this.
    09-07-2016 10:32 PM

Locked bootloaders don't affect anything in the real world. When people walk into a store to buy a phone, the last thing on their mind is whether or not the nerds at XDA are going to make ROMs for the phone.
    locked bootloaders and rooting really has such small penetration in consumer numbers it plays little to no relevance in the recall
    akin_t, dadsterflip and badMojo69 like this.
    09-07-2016 10:34 PM
    I wonder if Samsung will release an unlocked version after this whole business with the recall. Honestly that's all I'd need. I'm already getting angry using this tiny screen on my old phone.

It's like going from filet mignon to hamburger helper.
    Joneser2006 likes this.
    09-07-2016 10:44 PM
    Scrap it? Why? Because of a defect that they're fixing through warranties / exchanges?

That's why warranties exist.. For this very thing.
    But ARE they fixing it? Whatever happens now the Note 7 will always be known as the exploding phone. Any future melt downs will just destroy Samsung's reputation.
    09-07-2016 10:45 PM

Yeah im sure your right. I mean I don't think the average consumer would know that it has been recalled already even though it's a new and improved model. And I'm sure cs reps won't try and push customers that come in looking for phone buying advise to and iPhone or another Android because all the returns have hurt there commission.
    09-07-2016 10:47 PM
    But ARE they fixing it? Whatever happens now the Note 7 will always be known as the exploding phone. Any future melt downs will just destroy Samsung's reputation.
    Are IPHONES now known as phone that bend? No they are not. People have short memories, and as long as the problems are fixed, everyone will move on.

Well, except for the doom and gloomers.
    09-07-2016 10:57 PM
    Yeah im sure your right. I mean I don't think the average consumer would know that it has been recalled already even though it's a new and improved model. And I'm sure cs reps won't try and push customers that come in looking for phone buying advise to and iPhone or another Android because all the returns have hurt there commission.
    What does any of that have to do with you insinuating that a locked bootloader is a liability?

Point I'm driving home is simple. No one cares about the bootloader. Even those of us in the know don't care anymore. We don't make phone purchases based on that.
    09-07-2016 11:00 PM
    Scrap it? Why? Because of a defect that they're fixing through warranties / exchanges?

That's why warranties exist.. For this very thing.
    This right here, hit it on the head. There are recalls for products all the time, cars included and it doesn't deter people enough to abandon their purchase. Granted a phone is a fraction the cost of a car. But I think people are freaking out because this is the first large hiccup for Samsung. I'm going to get my exchange and continue happily using my Note.
    09-07-2016 11:02 PM
    This right here, hit it on the head. There are recalls for products all the time, cars included and it doesn't deter people enough to abandon their purchase. Granted a phone is a fraction the cost of a car. But I think people are freaking out because this is the first large hiccup for Samsung. I'm going to get my exchange and continue happily using my Note.
    Exactly. And once the problem is fixed, Samsung will likely release a statement detailing what went wrong and what has been done to fix it.

Great, now enjoy your phone.

I'm not sure why people are determined to turn this into a major drama starring Tom Hanks.
    09-07-2016 11:06 PM
    Are IPHONES now known as phone that bend? No they are not. People have short memories, and as long as the problems are fixed, everyone will move on.

Well, except for the doom and gloomers.
    Are u people crazy a phone bending and a phone blowing up is Completely different. A phone bending can not harm anyone a phone blowing up can burn down a house a car kill people by secondary means burn people etc, they are now talking about a faa ban. I'm not a doom and gloomer, I still have an OG coral blue note 7 and rolling the dice until the replacements come in but all of you that is comparing this to Apple recall is insane and ridiculous a bendable phone does not cause any threat. A phone that catches fire does its that simple.
    09-07-2016 11:11 PM
    Are u people crazy a phone bending and a phone blowing up is Completely different. A phone bending can not harm anyone a phone blowing up can burn down a house a car kill people by secondary means burn people etc, they are now talking about a faa ban. I'm not a doom and gloomer, I still have an OG coral blue note 7 and rolling the dice until the replacements come in but all of you that is comparing this to Apple recall is insane and ridiculous a bendable phone does not cause any threat. A phone that catches fire does its that simple.
    Except if you do what Samsung is telling you to do, there is NO danger of your phone blowing up.

What part of that don't you get?
    09-07-2016 11:14 PM
    Seriously? The iPhone bent for a good 6 months and people had amnesia, not to mention the iPhone 4 blowing up at gas stations, but everyone was in a coma when that all went down I suppose. 40 phones out of 2.5 million does not spell death to a brand unless exaggeration is common practice for people. There are some of us that got hurt playing sports growing up, some got up and kept playing... Others thought a cut was the end of the world, stopped playing, watched from the sidelines and became critics/experts.. Smh
    Robbie Freeman likes this.
    09-07-2016 11:15 PM
    You said it... Rolling the dice... In three months, if a battery explodes and the phone was an original that wasn't returned in the recall, no matter the damage caused, Sammy won't be liable. Everyone will be calling the person a mor0n and Sammy will have no responsibility.

Does ANYONE believe in personal responsibility these days?
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    09-07-2016 11:17 PM
    I already got used to my Note 7, I refuse to use my iphone 6 plus as daily driver until this is over. I already applied a sweet skin and i will not disrobe my note 7 and return it. I have had no problems, and my phone does not heat up during charging. It doesn't get really hot unless gps is on high accuracy and I'm multitasking. However, I highly doubt it will turn into a fireball. Instead of making a new line, they need to thoroughly do their research and tell their carriers and customers the specific model/serial numbers of the phones that are affected.
    09-07-2016 11:19 PM
    Except if you do what Samsung is telling you to do, there is NO danger of your phone blowing up.

What part of that don't you get?
    It's not me that I'm worried about I'm going to replace my phone I said it a long time ago what the problem is all the people that don't replace their phones. If your only thinking of yourself your not thinking if this problem gets out of hand the repercussions can be very bad.
    09-07-2016 11:25 PM
90 1234