Samsung needs to scrap the note 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
But ARE they fixing it? Whatever happens now the Note 7 will always be known as the exploding phone. Any future melt downs will just destroy Samsung's reputation.

Are IPHONES now known as phone that bend? No they are not. People have short memories, and as long as the problems are fixed, everyone will move on.

Well, except for the doom and gloomers.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah im sure your right. I mean I don't think the average consumer would know that it has been recalled already even though it's a new and improved model. And I'm sure cs reps won't try and push customers that come in looking for phone buying advise to and iPhone or another Android because all the returns have hurt there commission.
What does any of that have to do with you insinuating that a locked bootloader is a liability?

Point I'm driving home is simple. No one cares about the bootloader. Even those of us in the know don't care anymore. We don't make phone purchases based on that.

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Scrap it? Why? Because of a defect that they're fixing through warranties / exchanges?

That's why warranties exist.. For this very thing.

This right here, hit it on the head. There are recalls for products all the time, cars included and it doesn't deter people enough to abandon their purchase. Granted a phone is a fraction the cost of a car. But I think people are freaking out because this is the first large hiccup for Samsung. I'm going to get my exchange and continue happily using my Note.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
This right here, hit it on the head. There are recalls for products all the time, cars included and it doesn't deter people enough to abandon their purchase. Granted a phone is a fraction the cost of a car. But I think people are freaking out because this is the first large hiccup for Samsung. I'm going to get my exchange and continue happily using my Note.

Exactly. And once the problem is fixed, Samsung will likely release a statement detailing what went wrong and what has been done to fix it.

Great, now enjoy your phone.

I'm not sure why people are determined to turn this into a major drama starring Tom Hanks.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Are IPHONES now known as phone that bend? No they are not. People have short memories, and as long as the problems are fixed, everyone will move on.

Well, except for the doom and gloomers.

Are u people crazy a phone bending and a phone blowing up is Completely different. A phone bending can not harm anyone a phone blowing up can burn down a house a car kill people by secondary means burn people etc, they are now talking about a faa ban. I'm not a doom and gloomer, I still have an OG coral blue note 7 and rolling the dice until the replacements come in but all of you that is comparing this to Apple recall is insane and ridiculous a bendable phone does not cause any threat. A phone that catches fire does its that simple.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Are u people crazy a phone bending and a phone blowing up is Completely different. A phone bending can not harm anyone a phone blowing up can burn down a house a car kill people by secondary means burn people etc, they are now talking about a faa ban. I'm not a doom and gloomer, I still have an OG coral blue note 7 and rolling the dice until the replacements come in but all of you that is comparing this to Apple recall is insane and ridiculous a bendable phone does not cause any threat. A phone that catches fire does its that simple.

Except if you do what Samsung is telling you to do, there is NO danger of your phone blowing up.

What part of that don't you get?

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
But ARE they fixing it? Whatever happens now the Note 7 will always be known as the exploding phone. Any future melt downs will just destroy Samsung's reputation.

Seriously? The iPhone bent for a good 6 months and people had amnesia, not to mention the iPhone 4 blowing up at gas stations, but everyone was in a coma when that all went down I suppose. 40 phones out of 2.5 million does not spell death to a brand unless exaggeration is common practice for people. There are some of us that got hurt playing sports growing up, some got up and kept playing... Others thought a cut was the end of the world, stopped playing, watched from the sidelines and became critics/experts.. Smh

Joneser2006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
You said it... Rolling the dice... In three months, if a battery explodes and the phone was an original that wasn't returned in the recall, no matter the damage caused, Sammy won't be liable. Everyone will be calling the person a mor0n and Sammy will have no responsibility.

Does ANYONE believe in personal responsibility these days?

unahhmean

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
I already got used to my Note 7, I refuse to use my iphone 6 plus as daily driver until this is over. I already applied a sweet skin and i will not disrobe my note 7 and return it. I have had no problems, and my phone does not heat up during charging. It doesn't get really hot unless gps is on high accuracy and I'm multitasking. However, I highly doubt it will turn into a fireball. Instead of making a new line, they need to thoroughly do their research and tell their carriers and customers the specific model/serial numbers of the phones that are affected.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Except if you do what Samsung is telling you to do, there is NO danger of your phone blowing up.

What part of that don't you get?

It's not me that I'm worried about I'm going to replace my phone I said it a long time ago what the problem is all the people that don't replace their phones. If your only thinking of yourself your not thinking if this problem gets out of hand the repercussions can be very bad.

Rated_R_1911

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
You said it... Rolling the dice... In three months, if a battery explodes and the phone was an original that wasn't returned in the recall, no matter the damage caused, Sammy won't be liable. Everyone will be calling the person a mor0n and Sammy will have no responsibility.

Does ANYONE believe in personal responsibility these days?

You must not know how manufacturer liability works it's always the manufacturer liability during a recall, it down not matter if the moron or ***** didn't use the recall if their device starts a fire Samsung will be liable for the damages two years from now, ask gm about the ignition recall I'm sure they will blame someone else also but in the meantime they are paying out wrongful death law suits

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Scrapping the Note 7 is the absolute worst thing they could do to their brand. What a way to signal to the public that something went so wrong that even you no longer stand behind your flagship.

I can't begin to think of how badly that would come off to the public. Renaming it just looks like your covering up something.

I like that Samsung isn't playing games here. It happened, now deal with it head on.

Joneser2006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
You must not know how manufacturer liability works it's always the manufacturer liability during a recall, it down not matter if the moron or ***** didn't use the recall if their device starts a fire Samsung will be liable for the damages two years from now, ask gm about the ignition recall I'm sure they will blame someone else also but in the meantime they are paying out wrongful death law suits

GM didn't admit liability until congress forced them to issue a recall. During the whole process, they were liable.

My question remains, is personal responsibility nonexistent today?

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site

If that's going to happen, it's going to happen regardless. There's nothing you, I or Samsung can do about people who choose to keep their phones. No more than we can stop people from doing anything else potentially dangerous.

So I'm still not getting your point?

Joneser2006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Personal liability is nonexistent in a court of law when it comes to manufacturer liability and that's what counts

In case you missed it, I was referring to those who refuse to exchange their phones being responsible for their choice. They're going to make Sammy pay for their lazy irresponsibility?

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay so.. If they scrap it how would that make those turn it back in? It wouldn't so that wouldn't work.

If someone doesn't want to turn it in they won't. No one can force them. We can only highly recommend. Scraping makes no difference on this.

Well, i am guessing if it REALLY became necessary, couldn't they put a, "GLOBAL IMEI Block on EVERY NOTE 7 Sold"?! There are SOME workarounds to that (i think) but that would DEFINITELY force the hand of 99% of owners then....

I agree with OP, Note 7 Pro, Tagline "Won't Go Boom!"...Water AND Fire Resistant....lol

BTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2